Covid... Please read the post, and then pick an option.

Do you understand that the new mRNA vaccines have never been tried before on this scale?

• No. I don't believe this.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shelzin

Equal Opportunity Asshole
Jul 15, 2012

The very first vaccines for COVID-19 to complete phase 3 testing are an entirely new type: mRNA vaccines. Never before have mRNA vaccines ... been approved for use in any disease.

New Approach to Vaccines
mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.

I linked where I got that information. It's a site that is PRO vaccination. I just want to make sure that it's absolutely without question understood that this is NEW, never been used on a mass scale.

It changes your cells to make it make a protien that it doesn't need, that looks like Covid.

Just say "Yes. I understand that." That's all.

Last edited:
There ya go
Thank you... I will happily not bug you about it. Pun intended. :)

Looks like he was too embarrassed to admit he was not aware of this.:auiqs.jpg: I was just getting ready to say before that that so far we have not had one resident troll post NO. the kid wont post his answer NO obviously sense he already posted knowing how he would expose himself as that braindead troll of course that put in that vote.:auiqs.jpg:

• Banned
Pretty much every article on the development of the vaccines, that I've read, has highlighted that fact.
Why would any sane person question why someone wouldn't want to take something that's never been tried on a mass scale before?

It has to be a secret. They CAN'T know. They don't have to agree with me or anyone else... But to suggest that there is no reason to be weary... Seriously? They CAN'T know.

Pretty much every article on the development of the vaccines, that I've read, has highlighted that fact.
Why would any sane person question why someone wouldn't want to take something that's never been tried on a mass scale before?It has to be a secret. They CAN'T know. They don't have to agree with me or anyone else... But to suggest that there is no reason to be weary... Seriously? They CAN'T know.

I'd question someone who doesn't want to take the vaccine because I'm curious about their reasons. If they are privy to information indicating that the vaccines are more dangerous than covid, I'd want know about it. As of yet, I've seen no credible reports that the covid vaccines are any more dangerous than other vaccines (they all pose some risk). But I guess where we might differ is on the "credible" part.

Last edited:
I think they have been using this technology to manufacture rabies shots for our pets for awhile.

The very first vaccines for COVID-19 to complete phase 3 testing are an entirely new type: mRNA vaccines. Never before have mRNA vaccines ... been approved for use in any disease.

New Approach to Vaccines
mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.

I linked where I got that information. It's a site that is PRO vaccination. I just want to make sure that it's absolutely without question understood that this is NEW, never been used on a mass scale.

It changes your cells to make it make a protien that it doesn't need, that looks like Covid.

Just say "Yes. I understand that." That's all.
Fear of the unknown is a well known conservative trait.

I'd question someone who doesn't want to take the vaccine because I'm curious about their reasons.
I don't have a problem with that.

But to suggest they want to kill people? Because the orange man said it was bad?

Is the fact that it's never been used on a mass scale not a legitimate concern?

If they are privy to information indicating that the vaccines are more dangerous than covid, I'd want know about it.
I agree. Hell, this new vaccine might be a BETTER way to do vaccines. Maybe.

As of yet, I've seen no credible reports indicating that the covid vaccines are any more dangerous than other vaccines (they all pose some risk).
Yes.... They all pose some risk. But... What is the risk with the new way of doing it? Is it, the risk, the same as the old way? Doesn't seem likely if it's done in a completely different fashion. Again.. Maybe it's BETTER. I don't know.

BUT...

But I guess where we might differ is on the "credible" part.
Well... The longer it's out in the world and the more people take it the more "credible" it's going to become. Be it beneficial or not.

But to suggest there is something wrong with someone for being skeptical about something that's never been done before on a mass scale... That just seems intellectually dishonest to me.

Last edited:
You make it sound like a bad thing. Which kinda makes you an idiot.
It is a bad thing. If conservatives were I charge america wouldn't have been discovered. Fear of the unknown would have kept you in sight of the coast.

It is a bad thing. If conservatives were I charge america wouldn't have been discovered. Fear of the unknown would have kept you in sight of the coast.
Only when you take it to the extreme. Beat the shit out of that strawman... I don't care. It's not my persona taking the hit for a stupid argument.

Back to topic... Do you understand that the first vaccine out has never been tested on a mass scale such as this?

Last edited:
I'd question someone who doesn't want to take the vaccine because I'm curious about their reasons.
I don't have a problem with that.

But to suggest they want to kill people? Because the orange man said it was bad?

Are you referring to Trump? He doesn't say it's bad. He's had the vaccine. He's rightfully proud of the fact that he promoted its development.

Is the fact that it's never been used on a mass scale not a ligament concern?

I'm not sure what you mean by "ligament concern", but I've never suggested there aren't good reasons to be cautious regarding the vaccine.

But I guess where we might differ is on the "credible" part.
Well... The longer it's out in the world and the more people take it the more "credible" it's going to become. Be it beneficial or not.

Exactly.

But to suggest there is something wrong with someone for being skeptical about something that's never been done before on a mass scale... That just seems intellectually dishonest to me.

I don't think that's what's usually suggested. The criticism is over the unsubstantiated propaganda that some of you are falling for.

The funny thing is, I've spent years, decades really, encouraging people to take the mainstream media with a grain of salt - to think for themselves. But Trumpsters have turned what I've always considered sound advice ("Don't believe everything the TV tells you") and turned into something worse ("Believe any fool on the internet who confirms your biases").

That's why the anti-vaxxers catch a lot of grief. It's because their critical thinking skills are for shit. Their paranoia has led them to dismiss all perspective (like the fact that the risk from a disease is 1000 times worse than the risk of the vaccine) and made them something of a joke. But it's a dangerous joke. Their irrational fears could prove to be instrumental in keeping a dangerous disease alive unnecessarily.

To reiterate, I don't think not wanting to take the vaccine makes you crazy. I think being frightened by every meme the Russians post on social media is crazy.

Last edited:
Are you referring to Trump? He doesn't say it's bad. He's had the vaccine. He's rightfully proud of the fact that he promoted its development.
It's a shot at Dana and anyone else that says something like those things.

They want to keep the virus alive and killing Americans.

That's why.
As far as Trump saying one way or the other... I don't give two shits.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ligament concern", but I've never suggested there aren't good reasons to be cautious regarding the vaccine.
That's a shot at anyone who believes in intellectual honesty, and saying there aren't' good reasons to be cautious regarding the vaccine. Not you.

I don't think that's what's usually suggested. The criticism is over the unsubstantiated propaganda that some of you are falling for.
Some of you? If there is some "unsubstantiated propaganda" that you believe I've fallen for feel free to point it out. I am a army of one though. It's just me. I take no responsibility for anyone else's deeds or posts.

I do take responsibility for the truthfulness of my own.

The funny thing is, I've spent years, decades really, encouraging people to take the mainstream media with a grain of salt - to think for themselves. But Trumpsters have turned what I've always considered sound advice ("Don't believe everything the TV tells you") and turned into something worse ("Believe any fool on the internet who confirms your biases").
Oh hell... That's politics in general. I'm a firm believer in if you define yourself as a democrat or republican you are part of the problem.

They tend to treat this like football teams to root for than an actual functioning government.

That's why the anti-vaxxers catch a lot of grief. It's because their critical thinking skills are for shit. Their paranoia has led them to dismiss all perspective (like the fact that the risk from a disease is 1000 times worse than the risk of the vaccine) and made them something of a joke. But it's a dangerous joke. Their irrational fears could prove to be instrumental in keeping a dangerous disease alive unnecessarily.
I'm not a anti-vaxxer. I have no problem with tried and true vaccines proven over decades. I do have a skepticism of a product that makes my cells do things they were not originally programmed to do, and then done on a massive scale. Which is ok with me if others want to take it... You do you... I'm just not going to first.

To reiterate, I don't think not wanting to take the vaccine makes you crazy. I think being frightened by every meme the Russians post on social media is crazy.
I don't do social media. At all. This forum is as close as I get. If this is considered social media, ok... This is all I do.

That’s why I intend to take the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It is not brand new technology but tried and true technology.

The science behind Johnson & Johnson's single-dose COVID-19 vaccine and the Moderna and Pfizer two-shot vaccines is different, but not new.

Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine takes a small amount of genetic material from the coronavirus and combines it with a weakened version of a common cold virus called adenovirus. That combination doesn't make us sick.

Adenovirus technology was also used to make Ebola and tuberculosis vaccines.

Pfizer and moderna use mRNA technology, which uses a genetic code to make the antigen protein specific to COVID-19. This code tells our body to make the antigen itself, prompting an immune response.

Took my first shot today. It was well past the time that I was eligible. Just wanted to make sure that the people taking it weren't dropping like flies.
While on the subject, I believe that the priorities as to who gets it first were wrong. I don't understand why they would give it to someone in a nursing home to save them from covid just so they can die a natural death 6 months latter and deny it to a father of three who then dies of it and leaves a widow and three fatherless children. It had to be a political choice. Oh save us poor old folk.

Only when you take it to the extreme. Beat the shit out of that strawman... I don't care. It's not my persona taking the hit for a stupid argument.

Back to topic... Do you understand that the first vaccine out has never been tested on a mass scale such as this?

Read the attached. Every thing in life has some risk including the COVID vaccine but the risk of COVID is substantially greater than any risk involved with the virus. There is more risk driving to the store than taking the vaccine.

Forum List

Back