Cracker Barrel

Just got back from a weekend excursion and ate at Cracker Barrell. I like the place, they got good food, decent portions and the prices while at the upper side of things, isn't too expensive.

Saturday afternoon, the special was 2 breaded and fried pork chops, and I had hashbrown casserole (my favorite side) and pinto beans. Washed it down with some blackberry lemonade.

Thing I like best about Cracker Barrell? You know pretty much how their food is gonna taste, no matter where you go, and it's always been quality chow wherever I've been. Never had a bad meal there, which is why it's the place I look for when traveling.

And................for the record.............I started eating at Cracker Barrell back in my 20's, and have eaten there ever since when traveling. Good chow is good chow as far as I'm concerned.

I am not really going to talk about Cracker Barrel. I just wanted to see how many views a post with “Cracker Barrel” would get at USMB given the advanced age of most of its users.
Their meatloaf is pretty good. Just wish I could have gotten a beer to go with it (at the time).

Their meatloaf is pretty good. Just wish I could have gotten a beer to go with it (at the time).

Just about all the Cracker Barrells I've been at over the past 10 - 15 years have had mixed drinks and beers on their menu. Musta been a long time since you've been to one.

Just about all the Cracker Barrells I've been at over the past 10 - 15 years have had mixed drinks and beers on their menu. Musta been a long time since you've been to one.
Hmmmm. This was 2018 in Naperville, IL...I asked. They didn't have it.
I looked around, no one was drinking..anything but milk, water, or soda.

Sorry, my bad. Had to edit the town. Walked from my hotel (Fairfield).

I only eat at Cracker Barrel when I travel and I like to travel. Don't mess with us about Cracker Barrel.

Agreed. And Cracker Barrel borrowed a page out of Ray Croc's book when he created McD's, have the food be uniform and taste the same, no matter where you go, which is why Cracker Barrel is my go-to when traveling. I know what it's gonna taste like, and I have my favorites that are always on the menu, no matter where in the country I happen to be.

Hashbrown casserole is my favorite side, and for breakfast, their Oldtimer's plate can't be beat.

Hmmmm. This was 2018 in Aurora, IL...I asked. They didn't have it.
I looked around, no one was drinking..anything but milk, water, or soda.

The only reason I can think of is that maybe you were in a dry county (yes, they still exist), as all the Cracker Barrels here in the southeast and Texas have alcohol on the menu.

Biscuits and gravy

ae9ceff4f9ee4ec7bf39714b9109eafc.jpg

We will eat at a Cracker Barrel while traveling the interstate.

Food is pretty consistent, reasonably priced, not too bad and usually just right off the interstate.

I like their meatloaf.

I have eaten at Cracker Barrel, of course. I like to refer to it as “the Crack Barrel”. It is fine for what it is, I guess, if you do not mind being put into a carb coma after eating it.

Forum List

Back