Crazy Jeff Sessions to rescind policy allowing legal marijuana in states w/out federal intervention

Wasn't it the conservatives who were howling about states rights when federal courts began overturning state bans on same sex marriage??

When did the federal government have a ban on gay marriage?

You are using an apples to watermelon comparison.
Oh Christ!! are you back?? Still don't read very well, do you. Did I say that the federal government banned same sex marriage? Do I really have to explain to you what the situation was and how it played out?

And it most certainly is a fair comparison . The only difference is that in the case of marriage the states were being restive and on marijuana they are being more liberal than federal law allows. Another difference is that marriage -unlike pot- as seen as a civil rights issue

However, In both case, the issue is states rights and the proper role of the Federal government when it comes to regulating the states in various matters.

One would hope that Trump has more pressing issues than going after the States that have legalized tree.

Denver is where I live, and while I rarely am a user, I don't mind if others are allowed to use.

Government overreach is ridiculous.

One should be able to grow and smoke a plant if they so desire.
One should be able to own a firearm if they so desire.
One should be able to have a cigarette at the beach if they so desire.
One should be able to leave their car running in their driveway to warm up on cold days if they so desire.

He is old, lock brained, and living in 1950,just like most of the senate, they line there pockets with our money, to live the rich retirement ahead.

Wasn't it the conservatives who were howling about states rights when federal courts began overturning state bans on same sex marriage??

Oh Christ!! are you back?? Still don't read very well, do you. Did I say that the federal government banned same sex marriage? Do I really have to explain to you what the situation was and how it played out?

And it most certainly is a fair comparison . The only difference is that in the case of marriage the states were being restive and on marijuana they are being more liberal than federal law allows. In both case, the issue is states rights and the proper role of the Federal government when it comes to regulating the states in various matters.

OK, feces on the brains, sit back and learn why you are so messed up in the noggin!

There is no federal law regarding marriage, so there is nothing for the feds to enforce that is in conflict with state laws. In the case of marijuana, there ARE federal laws against it, and the federal government should enforce those laws. If states want to legalize it, that doesn't change federal law.

Can you see the difference? Personally, I think we need to look at legalizing marijuana. I think there are medicinal benefits to it that have yet to be considered. Let's change the law instead of ignoring it when it becomes convenient.

Being a closet queen or whatever you happen to be has affected your brain so much that just about anything has to be related to being gay. That's what drives heterosexuals crazy! You and your kind like to bring it up at every opportunity, but you need to realize one important fact! Most of us don't care! I personally don't care who you sleep with, but you don't have to make your life's work shoving it in everyone's face.

I had a roommate in college who was gay. That didn't bother me at all. Why? He knew I was straight as I was boning his best friend's ex-wife! He didn't throw his being gay in my face every time we talked about the football game coming up that weekend. I loved that man like a brother, but being gay killed him at a very early age. I miss him dearly as he was a good friend.

That move was a buzz kill for marijuana stocks. They're down about 35%. Sessions is a dinosaur who thinks marijuana is only slightly less harmful than heroine and yeah, he thinks it's addictive and blames it for an increase in violent crime. LOL Somebody needs to educate that redneck on the medical benefits and advances marijuana promises us for life threatening diseases such as cancer, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's. Donald, tell him he's FIRED.

Cory Gardner Republican senator from Co put out a statement and also the decline in the stocks have sort of stopped for today. Wonder if he knows there are some very reputable hedge funds with tons of money in this?

Jeff Sessions’ Thursday attack on legal marijuana just went up in smoke

And it most certainly is a fair comparison . The only difference is that in the case of marriage the states were being restive and on marijuana they are being more liberal than federal law allows. In both case, the issue is states rights and the proper role of the Federal government when it comes to regulating the states in various matters.

OK, feces on the brains, sit back and learn why you are so messed up in the noggin!

There is no federal law regarding marriage, so there is nothing for the feds to enforce that is in conflict with state laws. In the case of marijuana, there ARE federal laws against it, and the federal government should enforce those laws. If states want to legalize it, that doesn't change federal law.

Can you see the difference? Personally, I think we need to look at legalizing marijuana. I think there are medicinal benefits to it that have yet to be considered. Let's change the law instead of ignoring it when it becomes convenient.

Being a closet queen or whatever you happen to be has affected your brain so much that just about anything has to be related to being gay. That's what drives heterosexuals crazy! You and your kind like to bring it up at every opportunity, but you need to realize one important fact! Most of us don't care! I personally don't care who you sleep with, but you don't have to make your life's work shoving it in everyone's face.

I had a roommate in college who was gay. That didn't bother me at all. Why? He knew I was straight as I was boning his best friend's ex-wife! He didn't throw his being gay in my face every time we talked about the football game coming up that weekend. I loved that man like a brother, but being gay killed him at a very early age. I miss him dearly as he was a good friend.
You might actually be taken more seriously if you refrained from lacing tour rants insults and continually make it about me. . I acknowledged the differences between the two issues but you can't seem to get it through your skull that the glaring similarity is that it comes down to a matter of the extent to which the federal government can and should interfere with state initiatives. It is the fucking height of hypocrisy for conservatives to have bitched about the federal courts legislating from the bench on marriage by slapping down state bans on same sex marriage- while now, being perfectly OK with action that the Feds want to take on pot. You can't have it both ways. And I really don't care about you college escapades

Go back to sleep, Rock. There was a federal law.

United States v. Windsor - Wikipedia
Thank you but that didn't actually ban same sex marriage. Just Federal recognition of it .

Stop pickin on Mike Tyson. He lost a career, got his face tattooed after being a prison-yard bitch, and is trying to get back on his feet! (-:

You might actually be taken more seriously if you refrained from lacing tour rants insults and continually make it about me. . I acknowledged the differences between the two issues but you can't seem to get it through your skull that the glaring similarity is that it comes down to a matter of the extent to which the federal government can and should interfere with state initiatives. It is the fucking height of hypocrisy for conservatives to have bitched about the federal courts legislating from the bench on marriage by slapping down state bans on same sex marriage- while now, being perfectly OK with action that the Feds want to take on pot. You can't have it both ways. And I really don't care about you college escapades

The feds are enforcing a federal law. THAT is the difference. The federal courts were forcing states to violate their own laws without any justification. They made up a right under the Constitution that simply is not there.

At least you got the point that no one cares about your gay escapades either.

Yep, and it was you regressives claiming federal supremacy, now you want your cake and eat it too. Go to hell.

Go back to sleep, Rock. There was a federal law.

United States v. Windsor - Wikipedia
Thank you but that didn't actually ban same sex marriage. Just Federal recognition of it .
Well, I don't think your analogy with Obergfell really worked, because the "federal law" at issue was equal protection rather than a drug ban. The feds no doubt have power to regulate drugs. Rock simply wanted to deny the congress had any expressed interest in gay marriage, and they did. Once Windor came down, no state employer was going to be able to deny equal employment benefits to gay couples, even without legalized gay marriage.

I think with pot it's more an issue of federalism. States can control online sales of booze, alc content of beer, where sales may occur .... etc. Sessions views of pot and federalism are anachronistic.

The feds are enforcing a federal law. THAT is the difference. The federal courts were forcing states to violate their own laws without any justification. They made up a right under the Constitution that simply is not there.
Without justification?? I see, it not that you don't get the similarity. You just don't like what happened with marriage and are allowing your bigotry to cloud your understanding of the constitution. You should read the Obergefell decision sometime

Yep, and it was you regressives claiming federal supremacy, now you want your cake and eat it too. Go to hell.

Federal supremacy of the 14th Amendment on a matter of civil rights Sparky. And I am not saying that the Feds don't have the right to enforce their laws, just pointing out the hypocrisy on the two issues.

how many examples of Republican betrayal of individual Freedom do the Dupes need? So ignorant and brainwashed it's unbelievable...

Without justification?? I see, it not that you don't get the similarity. You just don't like what happened with marriage and are allowing your bigotry to cloud your understanding of the constitution. You should read the Obergefell decision sometime

How about you read this?

I DON'T CARE about gay marriage! You can do whoever you want. I don't have to see you do it, to let you.

Your bringing it up in a conversation about illegal drugs has been proven to be a red herring by other posters since this discussion started.

Put you private parts away and think with your brain!

Find another comparison because that one sucks!

Forum List

Back