Crazy Vegan Mother

No I wouldn't.

You have no proof that the kid would be dead or that the supplements she bought instead of the ones the doctor recommended would not have worked and as i posted earlier it seems that up to a 10% weight loss is not abnormal in a breast fed newborn.

That is a fact you are all ignoring here. And didn't i read that the kid weight 13 lbs even after this "drastic" weight loss?

13 lbs is average for a 12 week old newborn and this kid was just 12 days old

Her pediatrician diagnosed the baby, not any of us. He examined the baby and made a diagnosis. I will take his word over your word any day.
And yet you use terms like
starving to death" and "malnourished" neither of which were used in any of the articles

I call that making up a diagnosis.

Yes, the pediatrician diagnosed the baby as being malnourished and dehydrated, and yes it is in the article that you obviously didn't read. Why do keep denying this? The doctor diagnosed the baby as being malnourished. Stop lying.

Vegan Mom Accused of Child Neglect Regains Custody of Infant - ABC News

A Florida mother accused of child neglect after a doctor found her infant to be malnourished has regained custody of her son, according to her lawyer.

Sarah Markham, 24, of Seminole County, Florida, lost custody of her child five months ago after a doctor directed her to a hospital because her infant son was malnourished and she didn’t immediately show up.

She told ABC News affiliate WFTV-TV in Orlando, Florida that she was “ecstatic” to have her son back.

“I'm just so excited ecstatic and about getting him back this whole thing was a nightmare,” Markham told WFTV-TV. "I can go back to being a new mom and bonding with him. I am just very happy.”

She regained custody of her 5-month-old son after she and her lawyer settled her case with the Florida Department of Children and Families on Wednesday. Markham will have to meet with a state-approved pediatrician to keep custody of her child, according to her lawyer.
Turns out the kid was just fine as I was saying all along.

So both you and the doctor were wrong

That's because the police broke down her door, took the baby to the hospital where it was treated for malnutrition and dehydration. Those are the facts.

Your defense of her actions makes absolutely no sense to anyone who cares about children. You, like she, are putting your beliefs before the health and well being of baby. Shameful! This is why some people have no business being parents. They are TOO stupid and ignorant.

They only gave her an hour to comply with the final order to take the baby to the hospital. How do you know she would not have taken it 2 hours afterwards? Are you a fortuneteller?

Her pediatrician diagnosed the baby, not any of us. He examined the baby and made a diagnosis. I will take his word over your word any day.
starving to death" and "malnourished" neither of which were used in any of the articles

Yes, the pediatrician diagnosed the baby as being malnourished and dehydrated, and yes it is in the article that you obviously didn't read. Why do keep denying this? The doctor diagnosed the baby as being malnourished. Stop lying.

A Florida mother accused of child neglect after a doctor found her infant to be malnourished has regained custody of her son, according to her lawyer.

Sarah Markham, 24, of Seminole County, Florida, lost custody of her child five months ago after a doctor directed her to a hospital because her infant son was malnourished and she didn’t immediately show up.

She told ABC News affiliate WFTV-TV in Orlando, Florida that she was “ecstatic” to have her son back.

“I'm just so excited ecstatic and about getting him back this whole thing was a nightmare,” Markham told WFTV-TV. "I can go back to being a new mom and bonding with him. I am just very happy.”

She regained custody of her 5-month-old son after she and her lawyer settled her case with the Florida Department of Children and Families on Wednesday. Markham will have to meet with a state-approved pediatrician to keep custody of her child, according to her lawyer.

That's because the police broke down her door, took the baby to the hospital where it was treated for malnutrition and dehydration. Those are the facts.

Your defense of her actions makes absolutely no sense to anyone who cares about children. You, like she, are putting your beliefs before the health and well being of baby. Shameful! This is why some people have no business being parents. They are TOO stupid and ignorant.

My beliefs have nothing to do with it.

We know that a 7-10% weight loss in a breast fed newborn is not unusual.
We know that a vegetarian formula supplement is just as good as a milk based supplement.

We know that this baby was already bigger than the average 12 week old baby even after losing the weight.

Add all that up and the only conclusion one can come to is that the doctor and the state overreacted.

Wait. A 12 week old baby?

They only gave her an hour to comply with the final order to take the baby to the hospital. How do you know she would not have taken it 2 hours afterwards? Are you a fortuneteller?

She had waited long enough.

Looks like there's more to this story -

Victory: Markham regained custody of her child last week after he was taken away because she wanted to supplement her breast milk with a soy formula

Healthy: 'He's still on a soy formula – he's been on it, he likes it, he's doing well. He's growing healthy, and I can't ask for anything more,' Markham said outside the courtroom

Defensive: Caleb's grandfather, who has been caring for the boy, has said there is absolutely no child abuse in this case and that his daughter is a fit mother

Growing: Caleb, pictured here just days after being born, is now a healthy 17 pounds and is back in his mother's custody where he still consumes a vegan baby formula

1416233505472_wps_5_image001_png.jpg

1416233537329_Image_galleryImage_image002_png.JPG

1415888650282_wps_6_image003_png.jpg

1415803280331_wps_4_image001_png.jpg

OMG! NO duh, the defense team and the woman's family are going to be on her side. However, the doctor had diagnosed the child as malnourished and dehydrated. He had instructed her to bring the child to the hospital immediately. She did not show up. She put the baby in danger. End of story.

Just how malnourished was the baby? We do not know.

It depends how sick the baby was. If it was just a little bit sick, then no, an hour would not have made any difference in the world. The doctor was not precise about his diagnosis and did not go into details.

The pediatrician who examined the child and told the mother the child needed to be hospitalized to be fed intravenously knew. He is a doctor, trained in these things. Besides, this is not a tricky diagnosis to make. So, unless you are suggesting that the doctor was out to get this woman, then you are just wrong.

It depends how sick the baby was. If it was just a little bit sick, then no, an hour would not have made any difference in the world. The doctor was not precise about his diagnosis and did not go into details.

The pediatrician, who is a trained medical professional (unlike yourself, OR the woman in the OP) told the woman to bring her child to the hospital because he was SICK. She did not. That is enough for me. How about you? Or are you going to continue to make excuses for outright neglect of children? WTF is WRONG with you?

The pediatrician, who is a trained medical professional (unlike yourself, OR the woman in the OP) told the woman to bring her child to the hospital because he was SICK. She did not. That is enough for me. How about you? Or are you going to continue to make excuses for outright neglect of children? WTF is WRONG with you?

Yes, but use some common sense. The doctor did not say how urgent it was. You are applying your own view of how sick the baby was.

Yes, but use some common sense. The doctor did not say how urgent it was. You are applying your own view of how sick the baby was.

I think that telling her to meet him at the hospital implies immediately. Now, you are just arguing for the sake of argument. This woman was neglectful in getting her infant the medical treatment he needed. He COULD have died from malnutrition. It does not take that much for a baby to die. They are not as strong as an adult.

Common sense would be to take your child to the hospital if your pediatrician says your baby needs to go to the hospital right away because he is sick. WTF?!!! THAT is common sense. Going home and refusing to do so is neglecting your child's medical needs!

The pediatrician who examined the child and told the mother the child needed to be hospitalized to be fed intravenously knew. He is a doctor, trained in these things. Besides, this is not a tricky diagnosis to make. So, unless you are suggesting that the doctor was out to get this woman, then you are just wrong.

Now you are saying something new that the doctor said during the initial examination that the baby needed to be fed intravenously. I suppose you have a link, because I did not read that.

Now you are saying something new that the doctor said during the initial examination that the baby needed to be fed intravenously. I suppose you have a link, because I did not read that.

That is what they do when you are malnourished and dehydrated. That is the required treatment.

That is what they do when you are malnourished and dehydrated. That is the required treatment.

In some cases, an intravenous feeding would only be marginally better than a regular feeding. The hospital does it that way every time so it will not get sued and can say, "We did what is best," even though it was only a little bit better.

What is important is that the doctor did not recommend intravenous feeding. Without a specific recommendation, a new diagnosis would surely be needed.

The fucking kid was not malnourished.

At 12 days old he was still as big as the average 12 week old.

And adding some extra liquid formula was all that was needed to supplement his diet.

You have no proof the kid was being fed or hydrated intravenously. If the kid was that bad off he never would have left the Dr's office.

The Dr obviously thought the kid was not in immediate mortal danger or he would have insisted they go to the hospital by ambulance.

Forum List

Back