Crazy Weather

Can you prove temperatures worldwide have gone up “exponentially” since 1999?
I'm at work I don't have a whole lot of time to look up thanks I know the hottest period and ever in Earth's history was the EOCENE about 100 million years ago. We are at 3/4 of that level now and still accelerating way to fast.

I'm at work I don't have a whole lot of time to look up thanks I know the hottest period and ever in Earth's history was the EOCENE about 100 million years ago. We are at 3/4 of that level now and still accelerating way to fast.
I see no evidence of this. If temperatures have accelerated “exponentially” since 1999, as you have claimed, I’d think most of us around since then would know.

If temperatures have accelerated “exponentially” since 1999, as you have claimed, I’d think most of us around since then would know.
Well it ain't been linear, so pick a better adjective:

20202019EOYGlobalTemps_Top10_en_title_lg.jpg

And has that never happened in this 100,000 year cycle before?

Or it just hasn't happened in your life time?

Look at the charts. View attachment 579623

This is the present rise and the previous rise. If we look, it actually happened FASTER and it was HOTTER too.

1640435269861.png

Here we have global temperatures by year. We see increased world temperatures of 0.4 degrees. The 100,000 year chart shows temperatures 2 degrees higher than they are right now. Doesn't matter the year, yes, we're warming, but we're no where near as warm as we were the last time we had a spike in temperatures.

I see no evidence of this. If temperatures have accelerated “exponentially” since 1999, as you have claimed, I’d think most of us around since then would know.
I don't know what to tell you, the vast majority of scientists on the planet say this is so
The few who don't are employed by Big oil. Could they be a little biased in their opinions. Bought off is more like it.

I don't know what to tell you, the vast majority of scientists on the planet say this is so
The few who don't are employed by Big oil. Could they be a little biased in their opinions. Bought off is more like it.
You might want to look up the definition of exponential.

You might want to look up the definition of exponential.
Yes you're correct. But the data began to change getting back to the beginning of the industrial revolution in the past 50 years it's increasing at twice the rate it did in the beginning. I just looked it up and the eocene the hottest period ever in Earth's history it took 10 to 20,000 years to reach those high temperatures
We are on schedule to eclipse that in just a few hundred years.

60 degrees on Christmas Eve in Omaha, no chance of snow. My lawn and some ferns and my pachysandra are still green. And some people still think climate change isn't happening. Right !
Oh stop being a drama queen. Climate change isn't happening any more than it normally does. 68 is your recorded high btw. 60 is NOTHING. Be thankful for the milder winter. Stop building roads (asphalt) and buildings (cement etc) that warm the area locally.

Yes you're correct. But the data began to change getting back to the beginning of the industrial revolution in the past 50 years it's increasing at twice the rate it did in the beginning. I just looked it up and the eocene the hottest period ever in Earth's history it took 10 to 20,000 years to reach those high temperatures
We are on schedule to eclipse that in just a few hundred years.
Stop---right before ice ages, the weather becomes wonky--heating and cooling more so--we are due for an ice age. Living in the cold is much much harder than living in warmer weather.

Oh stop being a drama queen. Climate change isn't happening any more than it normally does. 68 is your recorded high btw. 60 is NOTHING. Be thankful for the milder winter. Stop building roads (asphalt) and buildings (cement etc) that warm the area locally.

Right, a nice shelf hundreds of feet thick the size of the State of Florida is about ready to collapse and break off of Antarctica. When, not if, it does it raise oceans of the world by 19 in almost overnight. 19 in might not sound like much but it will displace about a billion people all over the planet. You think we got problems now try resettling a billion people.

Right, a nice shelf hundreds of feet thick the size of the State of Florida is about ready to collapse and break off of Antarctica. When, not if, it does it raise oceans of the world by 19 in almost overnight. 19 in might not sound like much but it will displace about a billion people all over the planet. You think we got problems now try resettling a billion people.
Then maybe you idiots will finally come to your senses and believe the truth about this climate change.

Is it?

What is "normal"?

We're in a 100,000 year cycle. The average human lives 75 years. How the hell do we know what "normal" is?
Apparently the Earth must now remain static at it's current state because upright primates stupidly built megacities in flood prone areas.

I have yet to hear what Earths "ideal" climate is.

If it gets to the point that Palm trees grow on the shores of Lake Superior I won't be alarmed, but will celebrate with a Mai Tai on the beaches of Duluth.

Really trying to see the downside of a longer growing season and more navigable waters in the Northern hemisphere, and frankly not freezing my ass off every year.

So far the warming trend is a disappointment.

No, but I follow the science and I believe the scientists. There are little changes everywhere the most drastic changes are at the poles. Soon no one will be able to deny it any longer.
Climates have been changing since the planet formed. Warming and cooling is all part of earth’s cycles. Land that is under thick slabs of ice reveal they wer once tropical forests.

BTW, December 24, 2021 the high was 56, the record for that day was in 1889 at 68.

60 degrees on Christmas Eve in Omaha, no chance of snow. My lawn and some ferns and my pachysandra are still green. And some people still think climate change isn't happening. Right !
I’m call BS on your 60 yesterday, give us proof, I am seeing December 24, 2021 the high was 56, the record for that day was in 1889 at 68.

Kind of blows your whole theory and you are just trying to exaggerate and be dramatic, like news stations.

Why in hell is a climate alarmist thread in Gardening and Landscaping anyway?

Would be nice if these moonbats used the proper forums.

Forum List

Back