Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to Apologize to anyone I have offended in this thread. I never meant to do that but discussing some issues it does cause some exchanges to get personal. I have not acted like the person I should have at times in this thread and I regret that.

Take care all, will see you sometime maybe in another thread. Montrovant I do appreciate you being a very reasonable person and I did enjoy discussing issues with you.

This latest, weepy-eyed farewell lasted only a few hours. Usually (the last 8 or 9 weepy-eyed farewell's) you had the good sense to bail out long enough for your latest, profoundly silly claim to scroll past a few pages so as to reduce the embarrassment.

I really wish you would get a life and leave the thread, even if it meant several weepy eyed attempts. Ah, alas one can dream. One question, what will you have really accomplished at the end of your self-loathing, miserable, Christian-hating, nazi-loving existence? Yours is the tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, while signifying absolutely nothing.

Just pre-ordered my copy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6YDTHsy3RsI]Darwin's Doubt, by Stephen C. Meyer - YouTube[/ame]

“In the origin of species, Darwin openly acknowledges important weaknesses in his theory and professed his own doubts about key aspects of it. Yet today’s public defenders of a Darwin-only science curriculum apparently do not want these, or any other scientific doubts about contemporary Darwinian theory, reported to students. This book addresses Darwin’s most significant doubt . . . and how a seemingly isolated anomaly that Darwin acknowledged almost in passing has grown to become illustrative of a fundamental problem for all of evolutionary biology.” —FROM THE PROLOGUE

Charles Darwin knew that there was a significant event in the history of life that his theory did not explain. In what is known today as the "Cambrian explosion," 530 million years ago many animals suddenly appeared in the fossil record without apparent ancestors in earlier layers of rock. In Darwin’s Doubt Stephen C. Meyer tells the story of the mystery surrounding this explosion of animal life—a mystery that has intensified, not only because the expected ancestors of these animals have not been found, but also because scientists have learned more about what it takes to construct an animal.

Expanding on the compelling case he presented in his last book, Signature in the Cell, Meyer argues that the theory of intelligent design—which holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection—is ultimately the best explanation for the origin of the Cambrian animals."

Last edited:
I would like to Apologize to anyone I have offended in this thread. I never meant to do that but discussing some issues it does cause some exchanges to get personal. I have not acted like the person I should have at times in this thread and I regret that.

Take care all, will see you sometime maybe in another thread. Montrovant I do appreciate you being a very reasonable person and I did enjoy discussing issues with you.

This latest, weepy-eyed farewell lasted only a few hours. Usually (the last 8 or 9 weepy-eyed farewell's) you had the good sense to bail out long enough for your latest, profoundly silly claim to scroll past a few pages so as to reduce the embarrassment.

I really wish you would get a life and leave the thread, even if it meant several weepy eyed attempts. Ah, alas one can dream. One question, what will you have really accomplished at the end of your self-loathing, miserable, Christian-hating, nazi-loving existence? Yours is the tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, while signifying absolutely nothing.

Another angry fundamentalist.

A good article from Laurence A. Moran at sandwalk

Sandwalk

Let's look at a recent post on Evolutin News * Views (sic): From Discovering Intelligent Design: Opposition from the Scientific Establishment. As the title suggests, this is an excerpt from one of the books being heavily promoted by the IDiots.

They have a problem. How do the IDiots explain why 99.9% of biologists oppose Intelligent Design Creationism? It's because they all have a materialistic bias that prevents them from following the evidence wherever it may lead. Read this bit ...

ID challenges a reigning scientific paradigm. But as sociologist Steve Fuller says, ID is not anti-science, but rather anti-establishment. ID theorists want more scientific investigation, not less. They simply want the freedom to follow the evidence without harassment or philosophical restrictions.

An ID-based view of science promises to open new avenues of scientific investigation. Without materialist paradigms governing science, perhaps more scientists would have sought function for structures like "junk" DNA and vestigial organs, rather than assuming they were non-functional evolutionary relics.

Let me remind you that the presence of junk DNA in our genome was not anticipated by those who believed in the importance of natural selection. What happened was that the evidence became too substantive to ignore so scientists had to accept the presence of junk DNA in spite of the fact that most of them expected selection to eliminate it.

Now if you insist on believing in an intelligent design paradigm then you simply can't follow the evidence wherever it may lead because junk DNA isn't part of your worldview. In other words, the example used by the IDiots in this post is the exact opposite of the point they are making.

Oops!

Now you know why we call them IDiots.

incorrect I'm embarrassing you.
this is one of those posts where you attempt to and fail to showcase your imaginary superiority in education and life in general.

Don't need to it's apparent.

Daws there are different fields of science for a reason.

Yes. Different fields of science were all configured among global conspirators to persecute Christian fundamentalists.

I never said this I do however believe presuppositions will affect conclusions in some cases.

Sandwalk

Let's look at a recent post on Evolutin News * Views (sic): From Discovering Intelligent Design: Opposition from the Scientific Establishment. As the title suggests, this is an excerpt from one of the books being heavily promoted by the IDiots.

They have a problem. How do the IDiots explain why 99.9% of biologists oppose Intelligent Design Creationism? It's because they all have a materialistic bias that prevents them from following the evidence wherever it may lead. Read this bit ...

ID challenges a reigning scientific paradigm. But as sociologist Steve Fuller says, ID is not anti-science, but rather anti-establishment. ID theorists want more scientific investigation, not less. They simply want the freedom to follow the evidence without harassment or philosophical restrictions.

An ID-based view of science promises to open new avenues of scientific investigation. Without materialist paradigms governing science, perhaps more scientists would have sought function for structures like "junk" DNA and vestigial organs, rather than assuming they were non-functional evolutionary relics.

Let me remind you that the presence of junk DNA in our genome was not anticipated by those who believed in the importance of natural selection. What happened was that the evidence became too substantive to ignore so scientists had to accept the presence of junk DNA in spite of the fact that most of them expected selection to eliminate it.

Now if you insist on believing in an intelligent design paradigm then you simply can't follow the evidence wherever it may lead because junk DNA isn't part of your worldview. In other words, the example used by the IDiots in this post is the exact opposite of the point they are making.

Oops!

Still waiting for your response concerning this since you brought it up. It seems Harun Yahya kicked your butt again another reason to loathe them so.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7352667-post2445.html

Last edited:
Don't need to it's apparent.

Daws there are different fields of science for a reason.

Yes. Different fields of science were all configured among global conspirators to persecute Christian fundamentalists.

I never said this I do however believe presuppositions will affect conclusions in some cases.

Well, yeah. Presuppositions affecting conclusions is precisely the mechanism used by creationists to define their nonsensical claims thus their conclusions: "the gawds did it"

Sure, it's dishonest and pointless but that doesn't stop the creation ministries and the Meyer groupies from continuing their lies.

Well, yeah. Presuppositions affecting conclusions is precisely the mechanism used by creationists to define their nonsensical claims thus their conclusions: "the gawds did it"

Sure, it's dishonest and pointless but that doesn't stop the creation ministries and the Meyer groupies from continuing their lies.

Hell you argue for a theory you know very little about because it fits your agenda.

Sandwalk

Let's look at a recent post on Evolutin News * Views (sic): From Discovering Intelligent Design: Opposition from the Scientific Establishment. As the title suggests, this is an excerpt from one of the books being heavily priomoted by the IDiots.

Oops!

Still waiting for your response concerning this since you brought it up. It seems Harun Yahya kicked your butt again another reason to loathe them so.

This has been explained to you countless times already.

That aside, a 6,000 year old earth precludes any consideration of evilution on the time scale you mentioned.

You can confirm this on Harun Yahya's website.

Hell you argue for a theory you know very little about because it fits your agenda.
funny coming from you.
you argue for a fantasy ...

Well, hell, I've schooled you many times on the matters of science, biology, and the many fields of science that collectively support evolution.

You're a poor student. I can attribute that in part to your Christian fundamentalist beliefs and likely poor aptitude. I suspect you have also learned from the creation ministries you frequent that lies and deceit are a tactic to promote your fundamentalist beliefs.

Yes, it's dishonest and sleazy, but considering the number of times I have scolded you for cutting and pasting the same lies and phony / altered "quotes", I can only accept your actions as intentionally dishonest and sleazy.

funny coming from you.
you argue for a fantasy ...

There never was really a debate considering your knowledge.

Well, hell, I've schooled you many times on the matters of science, biology, and the many fields of science that collectively support evolution.

You're a poor student. I can attribute that in part to your Christian fundamentalist beliefs and likely poor aptitude. I suspect you have also learned from the creation ministries you frequent that lies and deceit are a tactic to promote your fundamentalist beliefs.

Yes, it's dishonest and sleazy, but considering the number of times I have scolded you for cutting and pasting the same lies and phony / altered "quotes", I can only accept your actions as intentionally dishonest and sleazy.

Wake up hollie.

Sandwalk

Let's look at a recent post on Evolutin News * Views (sic): From Discovering Intelligent Design: Opposition from the Scientific Establishment. As the title suggests, this is an excerpt from one of the books being heavily priomoted by the IDiots.

Oops!

That aside, a 6,000 year old earth precludes any consideration of evilution on the time scale you mentioned.

Evade.

Wake up hollie.
It is interesting how you denied cutting and pasting from Harun Yahya. When your posts were identified, you abruptly stuttered and mumbled about how you "may have" done exactly that. Yet again your dishonest tactics were exposed.

Would you care to stutter and mumble your way past some examples of your dishonest "quote mining"?

Evade.

No evasion. Harun Yahya has stolen a young earth model of the planet from Christian creation ministries.

You're aware of that you have frequently cut and pasted from that site.

Wake up hollie.
It is interesting how you denied cutting and pasting from Harun Yahya. When your posts were identified, you abruptly stuttered and mumbled about how you "may have" done exactly that. Yet again your dishonest tactics were exposed.

Would you care to stutter and mumble your way past some examples of your dishonest "quote mining"?

Now you're making stuff up I admitted the living fossils article was from those people once it was brought to my attention on saturday but you are still evading the evidence and the questions.

Your favorite group did a good job.

Evade.

No evasion. Harun Yahya has stolen a young earth model of the planet from Christian creation ministries.

You're aware of that you have frequently cut and pasted from that site.

The only one I know of was the living fossils article and you don't seem to have a rebuttal which is not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back