Crime drops in Colorado.... It's all about drugs

We could have no crime if everyone was put on a morphine drip.

No one has been placed on Marihuana. Individuals are demanding it on their own.

People would be demanding morphine more if they thought they could get it.

Why can't Americans , free people they are, demand morphine?

They can demand all they want, but they aren't "free" to endanger me and my family.

American state legalises marijuana 8211 and crime drops 15 Metro News

"Anti-marijuana activists have warned that legalising weed would lead to increased drug addiction, mental problems and crime – but in Colorado, which legalised recreational use of marijuana, the opposite has happened."

"Overall, crime has fallen by 15% and murder has dropped by 50%."

"Sexual assaults and car crime have fallen, and violent crime is down 10% overall."

Two different issues. "Over all crime" and "marijuana use" not the same thing. Very misleading. Why is that?

They are related. Illegal drugs are the cornerstone of gang operations. It's where the money is. If the most popular drug is now legal, the people don't deal with drug dealers. Not to mention possession isn't a crime anymore.

If drug dealers and gangs are fighting or killing for territory, crime goes down. So yeah it makes a big difference

You are on very shaky ground here. There are still other drugs. Drugs like crack, meth, heroin, etc. there is no logical reason to expect gang related crime to decrease, and you cannot show a correlation. Violent crime is down all over the country.

Marijuana is easily the most commonly used drug in the US, and making it legal would most definitely decrease gang related crime. If the avenue to profit is no longer there for them they simply no longer have that means of acquiring profit, and their influence shrinks. It's not a hard concept.

That is fine in concept, but it is not supported by evidence in reality. I wish it were true but it isn't.

It is supported by empirical evidence. What do you think happened when prohibition ended?

They are related. Illegal drugs are the cornerstone of gang operations. It's where the money is. If the most popular drug is now legal, the people don't deal with drug dealers. Not to mention possession isn't a crime anymore.

If drug dealers and gangs are fighting or killing for territory, crime goes down. So yeah it makes a big difference

You are on very shaky ground here. There are still other drugs. Drugs like crack, meth, heroin, etc. there is no logical reason to expect gang related crime to decrease, and you cannot show a correlation. Violent crime is down all over the country.

Marijuana is easily the most commonly used drug in the US, and making it legal would most definitely decrease gang related crime. If the avenue to profit is no longer there for them they simply no longer have that means of acquiring profit, and their influence shrinks. It's not a hard concept.

That is fine in concept, but it is not supported by evidence in reality. I wish it were true but it isn't.

Is that why we still have so many moonshiners and Mafia gangs selling alcohol in today's day and age?
I guess that's why legal lotteries obliterated numbers games.
Oh,w ait.

Actually, they pretty much did. Have you ever met anyone playing an illegal numbers game?

They can demand all they want, but they aren't "free" to endanger me and my family.

How does using morphine in the confines of your home endanger anyone?

"Anti-marijuana activists have warned that legalising weed would lead to increased drug addiction, mental problems and crime – but in Colorado, which legalised recreational use of marijuana, the opposite has happened."

"Sexual assaults and car crime have fallen, and violent crime is down 10% overall."

The demonization of marijuana is proving to be false on all counts. It is not a "gateway drug". It doesn't cause mental illness. It is not addictive. It should not be an FDA schedule 1 drug.

Essentially it is less harmful than alcohol in many respects.
Wrong. It causes serious, debilitating anxiety and depression in some people. Especially younger, developing brains.
But don't let that inconvenient reality stop you and your ilk from propagating a dangerous lie.
Use all you want. Blow your THC on me or mine and you will be hurt badly.
Fair.

The only thing needed to prevent that symptom is to stop using it.

Because everyone is high. The only one in danger from a pot head is the guy standing in front of the doritos.

The dangers of morphine are significantly larger. Reactions can drive up medical costs for everyone. But this is where Libertarians and Common sense separate. It's always about Liberty, common sense is never in question.

Because everyone is high. The only one in danger from a pot head is the guy standing in front of the doritos.

I don't get high. Yet ironically I'm eating Doritos.

The dangers of morphine are significantly larger. Reactions can drive up medical costs for everyone. But this is where Libertarians and Common sense separate. It's always about Liberty, common sense is never in question.

I have no idea what "reactions can drive up medical costs" is supposed to mean. Legal morphine wouldn't have any "reactions" since it would be chemically pure and lacking all the adulterants that are currently found in Heroin.

Well we know where your passion is. Make a thread about it druggy :)
I have no idea what "reactions can drive up medical costs" is supposed to mean. Legal morphine wouldn't have any "reactions" since it would be chemically pure and lacking all the adulterants that are currently found in Heroin.

Is that why we still have so many moonshiners and Mafia gangs selling alcohol in today's day and age?
I guess that's why legal lotteries obliterated numbers games.
Oh,w ait.
This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

No one is advocating that government start selling marijuana, only acknowledge that where marijuana is concerned, the 'war on drugs' is a complete failure.

The demonization of marijuana is proving to be false on all counts. It is not a "gateway drug". It doesn't cause mental illness. It is not addictive. It should not be an FDA schedule 1 drug.

Wrong. It causes serious, debilitating anxiety and depression in some people. Especially younger, developing brains.
But don't let that inconvenient reality stop you and your ilk from propagating a dangerous lie.
Use all you want. Blow your THC on me or mine and you will be hurt badly.
Fair.

The only thing needed to prevent that symptom is to stop using it.
And to prevent it being introduced into your system by another.

It's bad for you because people get stoned, eat a box full of pop tarts, then keel over dead from heart disease!

So why aren't there warning labels saying that pop tarts are dangerous if you eat too many?

Of course they are. They can drive and endanger your family, they can do loads of stuff that endanger you and your family.
And they can go to jail when they do. You potheads want to endanger the public legally. On behalf of the public, f*** you.

And they can go to jail when they do. You potheads want to endanger the public legally. On behalf of the public, f*** you.

Did you not read? Crime has gone down.

You're making false assumptions based on nothing. Yet you're still trying to tell us we're wrong when actually the proof is there.

Netherlands vs United States Crime Stats Compared

Let's compare the US with Holland, a country where many drugs are not legal, but you won't get arrested for using them.

Crime levels in Holland, 36.54, Crime levels in the US 54.83.

Clearly crime in the country where drugs are more tolerates is LOWER.

Annual cannabis use is said to be lower in Holland, where it is perfectly okay to use it in public places. Make something a crime, and people will want it more, it would seem.

The murder rate is 5 times lower.

The rape rate is 3 times lower.

Violent crime is massively lower.

So....... what do you have to prove your point? Just your assumptions?

Did you not read? Crime has gone down.

You're making false assumptions based on nothing. Yet you're still trying to tell us we're wrong when actually the proof is there.

Netherlands vs United States Crime Stats Compared

Let's compare the US with Holland, a country where many drugs are not legal, but you won't get arrested for using them.

Crime levels in Holland, 36.54, Crime levels in the US 54.83.

Clearly crime in the country where drugs are more tolerates is LOWER.

Annual cannabis use is said to be lower in Holland, where it is perfectly okay to use it in public places. Make something a crime, and people will want it more, it would seem.

The murder rate is 5 times lower.

The rape rate is 3 times lower.

Violent crime is massively lower.

So....... what do you have to prove your point? Just your assumptions?
Actually crime went up. Your bullshit claim has already been refuted by another poster.

Forum List

Back