criminal using illegal gun misses every shot. Concealed Carrier fires once and ends the fight…..

Left-leaning liberals would have preferred that the CCW holder not carry a firearm and just hand over all possessions. Their thinking: Better to be a victim than a gun owner.
Speaking of victims, look what this open carry crackpot did to his 2 children. I suppose they should have been carrying too.
North Carolina open carry advocate shoots and kills toddler sons after domestic dispute

Yes….on average law abiding, peaceful, normal people use guns to stop crime 2 million times a year….but thanks for bringing up one time when something bad happened……

Hmmm…. 2 million vs. one bad apple……

And there are 12.8 million people who carry guns for self defense, at a minimum since many states do not require paperwork to carry a gun…..vs……one guy who did wrong…

You do know that concealed carry permit holders are more law abiding than the average citizen, and even more law abiding than sworn police officers…right? But again, thanks for brining up one incident……..makes you look like a moron…...

So here we have a gun fight. The violent criminal is prohibited from touching the weapon he uses to shoot at the victim. So right there, no need for licensing gun owners, no need to register his illegal gun, had he been caught walking around with the gun he could have been arrested.

Now, he shot every round he had and he missed with every one. Since he committed a crime by using the illegal gun to try to kill someone, he can be arrested….no need to license gun owners, no need to register guns…he can already be arrested for using the illegal gun illegally.

Thug Opens Fire On Concealed Carrier Misses Every Shot Concealed Carrier s Return Fire Is On Target Concealed Nation
An armed criminal threatened the life of a man in Wilmington before brazenly opening fire on him. As Delaware Online reports, the altercation began when the 21-year-old assailant walked up to the man and threatened to shoot him. In the ensuing volley, the attacker’s rounds all missed the victim. The victim, however, had a concealed carry permit and returned one shot which struck the attacker in the leg.

Marcel Dixon, 21, is currently in stable condition following his attempted flight from the scene of the crime. He was apprehended at the local hospital after the victim, a 33 year-old man, reported the incident to authorities.

So……here we have a typical encounter with an armed citizen…in this case the citizen had to shoot, though in most cases they do not have to shoot to stop the violent attack. In this case he merely wounded the violent attacker. Imagine how many lives have been saved by this concealed carrier putting this guy in the hospital and eventually into police custody.

No need for hi cap mags in defense and makes the news.

No need to ban standard magazines, all that does is make it more difficult for gun owners who won't use them to commit crime or murder people, and one never knows how much ammo they will need. On top of that, if we ever need to resist the government we will need standard capacity magazines.

Hi cap mags should be banned. Only used by gangs and mass shooters. Like your example here defense is just 1 or 2 shots.

Resist the government? Seriously?

There is no reason to ban standard magazines, criminals will get them if they want them and mass shooters can kill just as many people with 10 round magazines….and once we are down to 10 round magazines, and the crime continues and the mass shooters still kill people…then they will go after guns that have magazines and morons like you will say, well….all we really need are 5 shot revolvers……until the crime continues and the mass shooters use them…and then it will be 2 shot derringers….and on and on…

So…screw you……..

You'd probably be too scared to leave the house with only a 5 shot revolver. What a tragedy.

I have posted my compromise on magazines……if you use a standard magazine to commit a crime or mass murder, you get 10 years added to your sentence just for using the magazine….that way people who actually break the law using a standard capacity magazine are punished, while normal, law abiding, peaceful citizens are left alone……..

But you guys don't care about criminals using guns or standard magazines for crime…if you did you would actually focus on them…no, you focus on the people who aren't committing crimes…..that is how damaged you people are…..

Left-leaning liberals would have preferred that the CCW holder not carry a firearm and just hand over all possessions. Their thinking: Better to be a victim than a gun owner.
Speaking of victims, look what this open carry crackpot did to his 2 children. I suppose they should have been carrying too.
North Carolina open carry advocate shoots and kills toddler sons after domestic dispute

Yes….on average law abiding, peaceful, normal people use guns to stop crime 2 million times a year….but thanks for bringing up one time when something bad happened……

And there are 12.8 million people who carry guns for self defense, at a minimum since many states do not require paperwork to carry a gun…..vs……one guy who did wrong…

You do know that concealed carry permit holders are more law abiding than the average citizen, and even more law abiding than sworn police officers…right? But again, thanks for brining up one incident……..makes you look like a moron…...
How gullible could one person be to actually believe that 2 million a year nonsense? That`s 124 million in my lifetime and I don`t know one (1) single person who has ever stopped a crime with a gun. Homeschooling hasn`t taught you common sense obviously. I can`t imagine how much cash the gun/criminal lobby have scammed you out of.

You can't call them law abiding. Kleck has said most are involved in criminal activity. Many studies have found a significant number of defenses are actually criminal.

Study Out of 146 self-defense shooting claims across the nation 12 led to charges

Although the estimated number of defensive gun uses that occur each year varies significantly from source to source, a studyconducted by the Violence Policy Center put estimates at roughly 67,000 annual cases of defensive gun use, meaning the mere presence of a firearm — threatened, brandished or fired — stopped a crime.

Studying reports by local and national media, we identified a total of 379 defensive gun uses in 2014. In each case, a gun owner used a firearm in defense of him- or herself or others, or to protect property. Of those, we were able to determine if charges had been filed in 146 cases.

How gullible could one person be to actually believe that 2 million a year nonsense? That`s 124 million in my lifetime and I don`t know one (1) single person who has ever stopped a crime with a gun. Homeschooling hasn`t taught you common sense obviously. I can`t imagine how much cash the gun/criminal lobby have scammed you out of.
I have stopped crime with a gun.

I never shot anybody, but have run off prowlers and thieves.

That DOES count, you know.

You must live in a high crime area.

I also don't know anyone with a DGU.

Libtards count whatever they want to and disregard what they want to disregard. They are so full of shit that if any of them said the Sun was yellow I would have to go outside and verify it myself.

Wait...
You think a ban on open carry would have prevented this?
What a maroon!
:lol:

Aside from that....
Association fallacy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Conflation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Tell that to the Clinton's Department of Justice….they hired 2 anti gun researchers and they created their own study…and came out with 1.5 million defensive uses each year……several anti gun studies have also reached the 3 million mark……and not one study has put the number below 764,000 times a year…...

You can't call them law abiding. Kleck has said most are involved in criminal activity. Many studies have found a significant number of defenses are actually criminal.

Study Out of 146 self-defense shooting claims across the nation 12 led to charges

Although the estimated number of defensive gun uses that occur each year varies significantly from source to source, a studyconducted by the Violence Policy Center put estimates at roughly 67,000 annual cases of defensive gun use, meaning the mere presence of a firearm — threatened, brandished or fired — stopped a crime.

Studying reports by local and national media, we identified a total of 379 defensive gun uses in 2014. In each case, a gun owner used a firearm in defense of him- or herself or others, or to protect property. Of those, we were able to determine if charges had been filed in 146 cases.

Another lie brain, Kleck specifically stated, this year, that law abiding citizens in the 90s carried guns for self defense without paperwork…..because the laws were so restrictive, they were not in any way career criminals……

The Violence Policy Center…the anti gun extremists…..that number doesn't come close to any real study…….

146 defensive shootings and 12 led to charges…how many led to eventual convictions…….

Really brain…you need to wake up before you post…..

Tell that to the Clinton's Department of Justice….they hired 2 anti gun researchers and they created their own study…and came out with 1.5 million defensive uses each year……several anti gun studies have also reached the 3 million mark……and not one study has put the number below 764,000 times a year…...

At least 12 studies say it is less than the 2 million you claim. And that's not even adjusting results for current crime rates. The DOJ study would be a million in today's numbers.

Brain…..you lie by omission……there are at least 4 studies over 2 million, and 5 or more over 1 million….not one is below 764,000 defensive gun uses each year.

Another lie brain, Kleck specifically stated, this year, that law abiding citizens in the 90s carried guns for self defense without paperwork…..because the laws were so restrictive, they were not in any way career criminals……

The Violence Policy Center…the anti gun extremists…..that number doesn't come close to any real study…….

146 defensive shootings and 12 led to charges…how many led to eventual convictions…….

Really brain…you need to wake up before you post…..

So kleck stated they were not law abiding. Thank you.

Searching for defenses they could only find 379, very telling.

Brain…..you lie by omission……there are at least 4 studies over 2 million, and 5 or more over 1 million….not one is below 764,000 defensive gun uses each year.
Brain will only lie to you.
Everyone knows it.
Including him.

And by intent; he lies over, under, sideways and down.

Of the 4, one you can't prove exists, another isn't national, and another has been debunked many times over. Adjusted for today's crime rates only the one that doesn't exist and the one that wasn't national is still over 2 million. Your 2 million is a joke.

12 studies say less than 2 million.

Of the 4, one you can't prove exists, another isn't national, and another has been debunked many times over. Adjusted for today's crime rates only the one that doesn't exist and the one that wasn't national is still over 2 million. Your 2 million is a joke.

12 studies say less than 2 million.

And to show how you lie and distort…..

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Forum List

Back