criminal using illegal gun misses every shot. Concealed Carrier fires once and ends the fight…..

So you're saying "legal" shooters are more deadly than "illegal" shooters.

Thanks. Didn't know that.
I would think they are, mainly because most legal gun owners visit ranges and practice. I don't have a CCW but I do have a legal handgun which gets 4 - 6 boxes of practice shots a year.

Yes….on average law abiding, peaceful, normal people use guns to stop crime 2 million times a year….but thanks for bringing up one time when something bad happened……

Hmmm…. 2 million vs. one bad apple……

And there are 12.8 million people who carry guns for self defense, at a minimum since many states do not require paperwork to carry a gun…..vs……one guy who did wrong…

You do know that concealed carry permit holders are more law abiding than the average citizen, and even more law abiding than sworn police officers…right? But again, thanks for brining up one incident……..makes you look like a moron…...
How gullible could one person be to actually believe that 2 million a year nonsense? That`s 124 million in my lifetime and I don`t know one (1) single person who has ever stopped a crime with a gun. Homeschooling hasn`t taught you common sense obviously. I can`t imagine how much cash the gun/criminal lobby have scammed you out of.
You personally don't know anyone who stopped a crime with a gun so it doesn't happen? Are you really this stupid?

I believe he is stating that millions each year are impossible given its hard to find anyone with one. If it were 2 million almost every gun owner would have one. Yet I don't know a single person with a dgu.
Actually hard figures are hard to come by, but the 2 million figure as an outside estimation is generally agreed upon. The problem is, many such instances are not reported to police because the issue was solved; no further action required. I also don't know if police use of guns is included in that figure. I can't even tell you how many times I pulled my weapon as an Indian reservation cop.

Support for that number is admittedly weak and is probably survey based.....you know like the "1 in 5 children are starving in America" myth. But it's still stupid to suggest that someone doesn't know any self defense users so therefore it doesn't happen. There are also plenty of people who don't know a millionaire.
That 2 million figure is generally agreed on by who other than gun fondlers and gun dealers? 124 million self defense uses in my lifetime means I should know at least a couple hundred people who have done this. I don`t know of a single one. Common sense + 6th grade math skills is all one needs to see this is a crock.
Now you know one.

Forum List

Back