criminal using illegal gun misses every shot. Concealed Carrier fires once and ends the fight…..

you said you didn't know anyone who ever stopped a crime with a gun....as if that were some kind of important criteria to be met in order to be valid. Do a search for yourself...hell, youtube has hundreds..if not thousands of CCTV surveillance videos and amateur videos showing armed citizens stopping crimes....but you know that already, right?

Not saying they don't happen. But if they happened millions of times a year id know several people. I don't know any. They are rare. Same reason I dont know anyone who has walked on the moon.

You personally know "millions" of people so you can poll them all?
See any of those thousands of videos I mentioned above?...did you "know" any of those people?...nevertheless they DID prevent crimes/save peoples' lives...and often their OWN...by using a firearm.

Sorry you aren't making sense. If the number is 2 million a year then over the last 30 years almost every gun owner should have one. I know many owners and none have one.

There aren't thousands of videos. And if there were, thousands of videos over many years falls far shy of millions a year.

there certainly are thousands of videos of people stopping crimes with their weapons..I'm not going to go down a rabbit hole and quibble over numbers. It doesn't matter that much. The facts are that..whether you "know" them or not....people with weapons have and do save lives and prevent crime.

I'd rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it.....just like a fire extinguisher. ;)

But there are not millions. Based on crime rates and gun ownership it isn't even possible.

Just don't shoot yourself. More people die in accidental shootings than criminals are killed in defense.

I call bullshit on that!

You need to support that statement with some facts are admit you're lying.

You may find your answers here, though I doubt it.

Gun Control - Just Facts

Not saying they don't happen. But if they happened millions of times a year id know several people. I don't know any. They are rare. Same reason I dont know anyone who has walked on the moon.

See any of those thousands of videos I mentioned above?...did you "know" any of those people?...nevertheless they DID prevent crimes/save peoples' lives...and often their OWN...by using a firearm.

Sorry you aren't making sense. If the number is 2 million a year then over the last 30 years almost every gun owner should have one. I know many owners and none have one.

There aren't thousands of videos. And if there were, thousands of videos over many years falls far shy of millions a year.

there certainly are thousands of videos of people stopping crimes with their weapons..I'm not going to go down a rabbit hole and quibble over numbers. It doesn't matter that much. The facts are that..whether you "know" them or not....people with weapons have and do save lives and prevent crime.

I'd rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it.....just like a fire extinguisher. ;)

But there are not millions. Based on crime rates and gun ownership it isn't even possible.

Just don't shoot yourself. More people die in accidental shootings than criminals are killed in defense.

I call bullshit on that!

Gun Control - Just Facts

There are just over 500 people accidently killed by guns each year.
There are under 300 justifiable homicides each year. Many of those don't involve guns.

Do you need links? Thought this was pretty common knowledge.

I call bullshit on that!

Gun Control - Just Facts

There are under 300 justifiable homicides each year. Many of those don't involve guns.

I want you to link to the evidence that supports your claim. You should also include the many times guns were used in self defense that didn't result in a death but rather an injury or apprehension.

Fact is, there is no national tally of justified homicides in the US. So good luck with proving your claim.

From the UCR Handbook04(PDF), page 17: (Uniform Crime Reports)

NOTE: Justifiable homicide, by definition, occurs in conjunction with other offenses. Therefore, the crime being committed when the justifiable homicide took place must be reported as a separate offense. Reporting agencies should take care to ensure that they do not classify a killing as justifiable or excusable solely on the claims of self-defense or on the action of a coroner, prosecutor, grand jury, or court.

The following scenario illustrates an incident known to law enforcement that reporting agencies would not consider Justifiable Homicide:

17. While playing cards, two men got into an argument. The first man attacked the second with a broken bottle. The second man pulled a gun and killed his attacker. The police arrested the shooter; he claimed self-defense.

The scenario quoted is a virtual shorthand for the Progressive Elite model. The UCR even goes so far as to direct reporting agencies *not* to take into account the findings of coroners, prosecutors, grand juries or courts about whether a homicide is justifiable or not; only the FBI’s extremely limited definition is to be used.

How many justifiable homicides occur in the United States each year?
Nobody knows, but it is some multiple, likely 5-10 times as many as reported in the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports. The FBI figure was 310 for 2012, of which 258 were shot. So total justified homicides for 2012 would be approximately 1,500 – 3,000.

Clayton Cramer came up with a very similar figure for 1989, where he found that the FBI recorded 236 civilian legal defensive homicides for the year. He arrives at an estimate of Civilian Legal Defensive Homicides (CLDH), essentially the same as justifiable homicides, of 1,538. But this number does not take into account unsolved homicides at all. In 1989, about 30% of homicides were unsolved. If you attribute the same percentage of justifiable homicides to the unsolved homicides, you arrive at a figure of 2,197.

How many Justified Homicides occur each Year?

I call bullshit on that!

Gun Control - Just Facts

I want you to link to the evidence that supports your claim. You should also include the many times guns were used in self defense that didn't result in a death but rather an injury or apprehension.

Fact is, there is no national tally of justified homicides in the US. So good luck with proving your claim.

NOTE: Justifiable homicide, by definition, occurs in conjunction with other offenses. Therefore, the crime being committed when the justifiable homicide took place must be reported as a separate offense. Reporting agencies should take care to ensure that they do not classify a killing as justifiable or excusable solely on the claims of self-defense or on the action of a coroner, prosecutor, grand jury, or court.

The following scenario illustrates an incident known to law enforcement that reporting agencies would not consider Justifiable Homicide:

17. While playing cards, two men got into an argument. The first man attacked the second with a broken bottle. The second man pulled a gun and killed his attacker. The police arrested the shooter; he claimed self-defense.

The scenario quoted is a virtual shorthand for the Progressive Elite model. The UCR even goes so far as to direct reporting agencies *not* to take into account the findings of coroners, prosecutors, grand juries or courts about whether a homicide is justifiable or not; only the FBI’s extremely limited definition is to be used.

Nobody knows, but it is some multiple, likely 5-10 times as many as reported in the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports. The FBI figure was 310 for 2012, of which 258 were shot. So total justified homicides for 2012 would be approximately 1,500 – 3,000.

Clayton Cramer came up with a very similar figure for 1989, where he found that the FBI recorded 236 civilian legal defensive homicides for the year. He arrives at an estimate of Civilian Legal Defensive Homicides (CLDH), essentially the same as justifiable homicides, of 1,538. But this number does not take into account unsolved homicides at all. In 1989, about 30% of homicides were unsolved. If you attribute the same percentage of justifiable homicides to the unsolved homicides, you arrive at a figure of 2,197.

The FBI knows how many justifiable homicides each year.

yeah..I need links to that..go ahead...

FBI: 77% Of JUSTIFIABLE Homicides Involved Firearms; 99% For Police

According to the FBI's unified crime report, 77.3% of justifiable homicides, defined as the killing of a felon during the commission of a felony, committed by private citizens in 2011 involved firearms. That's 201 involving a firearm out of 260 total justified homicides.

...and from your same site just a couple of paragraphs down..

Furthermore, the FBI's unified crime report tells us that the rate of firearms use in justified homicides has never fallen bellow 77.3% between 2007 & 2011. Similarly the rate for law enforcement officers has never been below 98.7% for that period.

Clearly, the data show that firearms are an integral part of self defense, at least in cases of justifiable homicides.

It's safe to say that infringing on Americans' right to own firearms would likely have an impact on these numbers. Hopefully, our rights will remain protected so that we will be able to continue to protect ourselves.

According to the FBI's unified crime report, 77.3% of justifiable homicides, defined as the killing of a felon during the commission of a felony, committed by private citizens in 2011 involved firearms. That's 201 involving a firearm out of 260 total justified homicides.

Furthermore, the FBI's unified crime report tells us that the rate of firearms use in justified homicides has never fallen bellow 77.3% between 2007 & 2011. Similarly the rate for law enforcement officers has never been below 98.7% for that period.

Clearly, the data show that firearms are an integral part of self defense, at least in cases of justifiable homicides.

It's safe to say that infringing on Americans' right to own firearms would likely have an impact on these numbers. Hopefully, our rights will remain protected so that we will be able to continue to protect ourselves.

That doesn't change what I said at all. More people accidently die than criminals are killed in defense. Fact.

You are also twice as likely to be accidently shot(not killed), as you are to be intentionally killed.

About 17000 people accidently shot and 8500 homicides with a gun.

I call bullshit on that!

Gun Control - Just Facts

No they don't. I just showed your dumbass the criteria they use for reporting justified homicides.

The court would find the man in the scenario acted in self defense. However, it would not recorded as a justifiable homicide at the time of reporting.

That doesn't change what I said at all. More people accidently die than criminals are killed in defense. Fact.

I just showed you, your fact isn't a fact after all. You are just unwilling to admit you're wrong.

I call bullshit on that!

Gun Control - Just Facts

No they don't. I just showed your dumbass the criteria they use for reporting justified homicides.

The court would find the man in the scenario acted in self defense. However, it would not recorded as a justifiable homicide at the time of reporting.

Think I will use the FBI over ammoland.

I just showed you, your fact isn't a fact after all. You are just unwilling to admit you're wrong.

No you didn't. The FBI keeps track of justifiable homicides.

You are also twice as likely to be accidently shot(not killed), as you are to be intentionally killed.

The raw figures show there were 600 accidental shooting deaths in 2010, yet there were 30,781 accidental poisoning deaths in that same year. There were 554 accidental shooting deaths in 2009 vs. 31,758 accidental poisoning deaths and 592 accidental shooting deaths in 2008 vs. 31,116 accidental poisoning deaths.

Moreover, the CDC shows that Americans are approximately 10 times as likely to die from accidental suffocation vs. an accidental shooting and almost 6 times more likely to die via accidental drowning (non-boating related) than accidental shooting.

Americans of all ages are 51 times more likely to die from accidental poisoning than accidental shooting, and children–specifically children under the age of 10–are more likely to die from accidental drowning or burning than accidental shootings.

CDC: Accidental Poisoning Death 51 Times More Likely Than Accidental Shooting Death - Breitbart

I call bullshit on that!

Gun Control - Just Facts

Ammoland used UCR's own handbook you retarded fuck!! The same book the FBI uses.

Damn you are stupid!!

The raw figures show there were 600 accidental shooting deaths in 2010, yet there were 30,781 accidental poisoning deaths in that same year. There were 554 accidental shooting deaths in 2009 vs. 31,758 accidental poisoning deaths and 592 accidental shooting deaths in 2008 vs. 31,116 accidental poisoning deaths.

Moreover, the CDC shows that Americans are approximately 10 times as likely to die from accidental suffocation vs. an accidental shooting and almost 6 times more likely to die via accidental drowning (non-boating related) than accidental shooting.

Americans of all ages are 51 times more likely to die from accidental poisoning than accidental shooting, and children–specifically children under the age of 10–are more likely to die from accidental drowning or burning than accidental shootings.

CDC: Accidental Poisoning Death 51 Times More Likely Than Accidental Shooting Death - Breitbart

Every person in the country eats several times a day. You surprised by this? Many don't use a gun ever.

Ammoland used UCR's own handbook you retarded fuck!! The same book the FBI uses.

Damn you are stupid!!

The FBI tracks them, sorry.

Damn you are stupid!!

Shooter was arrested. Clearly not a lawful defense.

Forum List

Back