Cruz "Not Expected" To Endorse Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
579015411300002c0005f0c1.jpeg

Cruz is not expected to endorse Trump -- his prepared remarks as of 7:30 p.m. ET do not have an endorsement line, according to a source who saw the speech.

More: Ted Cruz walks tightrope between Donald Trump and 2020 - CNNPolitics.com

If he's not going to endorse Trump - why is Cruz even there?

Cruz, and MANY other Republicans who are attending the convention are doing so to advance their 2020 agenda. It's hilarious how little any of the speakers are even mentioning Trump by name.

If Cruz does not endorse him, The Donald will sue him for eleventy-nine quadrillion dollars.

I don't think Ronald Reagan "endorsed" Gerald Ford in 1976. He definitely spoke at the convention and delivered an inspiring message that arguably made many of the delegates wish they had nominated him instead.

It's not Cruz's duty to endorse Trump. It's not my duty or any Conservative's duty to endorse Trump. It's Trump's duty to earn our votes. I think he has moved in that direction with his selection of Pence and the conservative GOP platform. Time will tell.

I don't think Ronald Reagan "endorsed" Gerald Ford in 1976. He definitely spoke at the convention and delivered an inspiring message that arguably made many of the delegates wish they had nominated him instead.

It's not Cruz's duty to endorse Trump. It's not my duty or any Conservative's duty to endorse Trump. It's Trump's duty to earn our votes. I think he has moved in that direction with his selection of Pence and the conservative GOP platform. Time will tell.
Yes, Reagan did...and he did so in a brilliant way....because unlike Cruz, Reagan was a smart man....

I thought Cruz had calmed down after his defeat.

Obviously he has not.

Sour grapes.

Yes, Reagan did...and he did so in a brilliant way....because unlike Cruz, Reagan was a smart man....

Nope... Here is the transcript:
Ronald Reagan's Remarks at the 1976 Republican Convention

He did NOT endorse Gerald Ford. He endorsed the platform and called for unity of the party in order to win in November. You may construe that as an endorsement of Ford but he only mentioned him once, thanking him for the opportunity to speak.

He did NOT endorse Gerald Ford. He endorsed the platform and called for unity of the party in order to win in November. You may construe that as an endorsement of Ford but he only mentioned him once, thanking him for the opportunity to speak.
Yes he did....at the convention....I remember watching it....it's when I fist began to despise the GOP'ers.....

Obviously he has not.

Sour grapes.

If Trump's sycophants continue to be assholes toward Cruz and his supporters, I predict you're going to lose this election in a landslide. No offense, I just think that is a really DUMB move. You need to tone down the hostile and insulting rhetoric and be a little more humble. You are trying to win the votes of a whole lot of people you will need to defeat Hillary Clinton.

Bash and trash Hillary supporters all you like... hell, bash and trash the idiot Johnson voters and the #nevertrump people... but the Cruz supporters who are desperately trying to find a way to support Trump.... it's not your best move to kick them in the balls every time you get the chance. And it's really SO pointless... what are you accomplishing? You've defeated Ted Cruz and won the nomination... what do you hope to gain by attacking his supporters with insult and degradation?

I just don't get that philosophy any more than I get the #nevertrump people. It's just mindless stupidity for the sake of being an asshole. I am trying VERY hard to bring myself to support Trump, and every time I think I've talked myself into going along with it... holding my nose... doing what's best for my country.... one of you comes along and virtually slaps my hand from my nose and proceeds to rub it in some shit and yell... take THAT bitch! You're literally doing everything you can to ensure that I will not support your candidate under any circumstance... is that REALLY what you want???

Yes he did....at the convention....I remember watching it....it's when I fist began to despise the GOP'ers.....

Well, I just posted the transcript... maybe you can find where he endorsed Gerald Ford in there... he only mentioned Ford once. :dunno:

Obviously he has not.

Sour grapes.

If Trump's sycophants continue to be assholes toward Cruz and his supporters, I predict you're going to lose this election in a landslide. No offense, I just think that is a really DUMB move. You need to tone down the hostile and insulting rhetoric and be a little more humble. You are trying to win the votes of a whole lot of people you will need to defeat Hillary Clinton.

Bash and trash Hillary supporters all you like... hell, bash and trash the idiot Johnson voters and the #nevertrump people... but the Cruz supporters who are desperately trying to find a way to support Trump.... it's not your best move to kick them in the balls every time you get the chance. And it's really SO pointless... what are you accomplishing? You've defeated Ted Cruz and won the nomination... what do you hope to gain by attacking his supporters with insult and degradation?

I just don't get that philosophy any more than I get the #nevertrump people. It's just mindless stupidity for the sake of being an asshole. I am trying VERY hard to bring myself to support Trump, and every time I think I've talked myself into going along with it... holding my nose... doing what's best for my country.... one of you comes along and virtually slaps my hand from my nose and proceeds to rub it in some shit and yell... take THAT bitch! You're literally doing everything you can to ensure that I will not support your candidate under any circumstance... is that REALLY what you want???

Lets face it.

Cruz is a bad loser.

People don't like bad losers. :dunno:

Well, I just posted the transcript... maybe you can find where he endorsed Gerald Ford in there... he only mentioned Ford once. :dunno:
Seems Cruzbots dominate the discussion on the Internet search engines......

Here is Reagan himself, although not at the convention...

Ford Campaign Advertisment | Video | C-SPAN.org

Last edited:

Obviously he has not.

Sour grapes.

Lets face it.

Cruz is a bad loser.

People don't like bad losers. :dunno:

No... he's not a bad loser. He is a principled Conservative who ins't going to abandon his values to genuflect toward a populist candidate. Whether you "like" him or not, you need his support and the support of the MILLIONS of GOP voters who supported him... you don't get those by being nasty and vindictive. Sorry, real life moment here... that's not how things work.

Keep it up and you WILL lose. When you lose, you can whine and blame it on us Cruz supporters all you like... you will still be the loser. What you NEED to do is focus on the path to victory, which includes UNIFYING the party... that means being NICE. Finding things we can agree on and pointing those out. Encouraging Cruz supporters to embrace Trump's message... not attacking and insulting them.

I realize this tactic worked well for you in order to win the primary. But the primary is over now and you have to defeat Hillary Clinton-- who's voters are going to march in lockstep behind her fat ass. If you really want to WIN this election, you've got to bring the Cruz supporters over to your side... you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Just be nice... stop the vitriolic "sour grapes" rhetoric... stop taking every opportunity to bash on Cruz... I understand that made you cream your panties in the primaries... the primaries are over now. We need to ALL be on the same side and we CAN'T be if you keep trashing and bashing those you need to appeal to. It's not going to happen.

Look... I fucking don't want Hillary Clinton to win.... do you??? So why not grow the fuck up and understand that we have to join forces here... we can't continue to fight each other until November. You will lose... guaranteed... no question about it. The majority of the GOP didn't vote for Trump and now, you seem to just want to throw all those votes away like you don't really need them. It makes NO SENSE!

Seems Cruzbots dominate the discussion on the Internet search engines......

Here is Reagan himself, although not at the convention...

Ford Campaign Advertisment | Video | C-SPAN.org

Well... typical.... you're going to move the goalposts now! We are talking abut Cruz endorsing Trump at the convention. That was the OP... that is the argument.

We don't know what kinds of commercials Ted Cruz may do for Trump in the future because the future hasn't happened yet. Look... I think, of ALL the GOP candidates running, Trump, Cruz and Carson were the most alike in their general message. They were all anti-establishment and fairly conservative. There is no reason these men can't work out whatever differences they have... yes, there is some "bad blood" there, but these are grown men and this isn't grade school. This election is for the heart and soul of our nation.

Forum List

Back