Cruz really is stupid in OH

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
All rubios support went to Kasich, which is why he won. Had cruz asked his voters to vote for Trump it would be a 2 man race now like Cruz wanted.

All rubios support went to Kasich, which is why he won. Had cruz asked his voters to vote for Trump it would be a 2 man race now like Cruz wanted.

Are you really trying to say that Cruz would have been smart to tell his supporters "Vote for the front runner whom I have been trash talking, so that Trump can be closer to an outright majority"?

Kasich wouldn't have quit the race, even if he lost Ohio. Kasich knows that the only chance of a payout is for him to stick it out all the way to Cleveland. No matter what happens between now and then, Kasich has nothing to lose by sticking it out, and nothing to gain by walking away.

Stupid? Did you ever in the history of the Republic see a candidate tell voters to vote for someone else? Idiotic strategy seems to be running rampant among low information people.

Are you really trying to say that Cruz would have been smart to tell his supporters "Vote for the front runner whom I have been trash talking, so that Trump can be closer to an outright majority"?

Kasich wouldn't have quit the race, even if he lost Ohio. Kasich knows that the only chance of a payout is for him to stick it out all the way to Cleveland. No matter what happens between now and then, Kasich has nothing to lose by sticking it out, and nothing to gain by walking away.

??

John Kasich: I'll Drop Out If I Lose Ohio | RedState

“Some of the other candidates, if they can’t win their home state, they got to get out, OK?” he added. “If I don’t win my home state, I’ll get out. But you know what? I’m going to win Ohio.”

I don't think it matters one way or the other. If Kasich lost Ohio then it's delegates would have gone to Trump and then Trump would have a clear path in the rest of the North East where Cruz probably won't play well.

Stupid? Did you ever in the history of the Republic see a candidate tell voters to vote for someone else? Idiotic strategy seems to be running rampant among low information people.

Actually, once. In the election of 1800 the Democratic-Republicans and Federalists each tried to game the electoral college vote, but the plan was botched and led to an EC tie between Jefferson and Burr. This took the election to the House, where Federalists tried to redirect support toward Burr to undermine Jefferson, who was the actual candidate for the Presidency. After 36 rounds of voting, John Adams was elected.

Lesson to be learned: Don't have your supporters vote for someone else in an effort to screw over another candidate.

Kasich was planning to stay in regardless. He really does think he can win the nomination.

And some of the polls had Cruz in striking distance in Ohio. Apparently they weren't as accurate but it would have been a dumb plan. And its more honorable.

Kasich was planning to stay in regardless. He really does think he can win the nomination.

If he can catch enough steam to come out ahead of Cruz by the time he gets to Cleveland, then he can likely gets the nomination.

If he can catch enough steam to come out ahead of Cruz by the time he gets to Cleveland, then he can likely gets the nomination.

He might get a few delegates in proportional states but he will be lucky if he is ahead of rubio

He might get a few delegates in proportional states but he will be lucky if he is ahead of rubio

With Rubio's departure, Kasich could suddenly become much more competitive. A week ago he was polling at 14.6% while Rubio was polling at 11.6% to 37% for Trump and 23% for Cruz. If Rubio's support mostly falls to Kasich, that puts him in second place. Whether he can close the gap to overtake Trump would remain to be seen, but if he does, it'll be huge. YUUUGE!

With Rubio's departure, Kasich could suddenly become much more competitive. A week ago he was polling at 14.6% while Rubio was polling at 11.6% to 37% for Trump and 23% for Cruz. If Rubio's support mostly falls to Kasich, that puts him in second place. Whether he can close the gap to overtake Trump would remain to be seen, but if he does, it'll be huge. YUUUGE!

Rubio's supporters are not going to kasich

You think they're more likely to go to Cruz?

You think they're more likely to go to Cruz?

Yes by a large margin

I have to say I listened to Ted Cruz's speech after the primaries on Tuesday and there is something creepy in his voice. Trump is an idiot but he isn't creepy. Neither is Rubio. Cruz is creepy like Ben Carson.

Forum List

Back