Cultural appropriation - what do you think of this idea?

No, I'm teaching them my content area. Which doesn't include lessons about scalping, war, conquests, etc. But you want that shoehorned in just like Leftists want CRT shoehorned in to every lesson.

My my. The utter hypocrisy.

Yes, you're embarrassed about feeding little kids fake history. I understand perfectly.

No, it descends from marching bands from the 1880's, both military and civilian, when brass instuments and drums were becoming plentiful and affordable. Blacks would buy them from pawn shops in the 1890's, and it went from there.

Perhaps influenced BY, but did not descend FROM. Not even close.

Now this here does link to the old timey spirituals. And it's some jazzy.

It's a thing that's fading away in America and I hate that.

You should have heard what my friend's brothers sang at his funeral.

That's that old stuff.

Last edited:

lol another link to fake history. Meanwhile reasonable people can see fake lesson plans when they see them. Music history in the U.S. among American blacks started way before 'the early 20th Century', but we get why you need to lop off the previous couple of hundred years, lol.

Cultural appropriation - what do you think of this idea?

How controversial is it?
I have noticed a lot a black ladies straighten their hair. Is this cultural appropriation?

If so I have no problem with it. I also don’t mind women who go blond like Fox News talking heads. Nor do I mind Taco Bell creating their version of Mexican food.

America to me is the great melting pot. Not only do the people who come here from all over the world mix but their ideas do too. That’s what makes our nation strong. Unfortunately a lot of people do not want our nation to be what it is so they come up with ideas to weaken it — like cultural appropriation.

The Spiritual was a unique song which blended both White European and African elements. From that came Jazz. Without the Spiritual there would be no Jazz.

Ahhh! I don't need to be hearin' no whitewashed version of what was. No.

I can still go places and hear them old timey songs.

Jazz is not spirituals and spirituals are not jazz.

They are totally different.

Last edited:
lol another link to fake history. Meanwhile reasonable people can see fake lesson plans when they see them. Music history in the U.S. among American blacks started way before 'the early 20th Century', but we get why you need to lop off the previous couple of hundred years, lol.

I'm not "lobbing off" anything. I'm tracing the roots of Jazz. No one, and I mean NO ONE, traces the descendancy of Jazz to....marching bands. I mean.

Forum List

Back