Cultural appropriation - what do you think of this idea?

:laughing0301:

1692436934135.jpeg

I have noticed a lot a black ladies straighten their hair. Is this cultural appropriation?

If so I have no problem with it. I also don’t mind women who go blond like Fox News talking heads. Nor do I mind Taco Bell creating their version of Mexican food.

America to me is the great melting pot. Not only do the people who come here from all over the world mix but their ideas do too. That’s what makes our nation strong. Unfortunately a lot of people do not want our nation to be what it is so they come up with ideas to weaken it — like cultural appropriation.

I'm not "lobbing off" anything. I'm tracing the roots of Jazz. No one, and I mean NO ONE, traces the descendancy of Jazz to....marching bands. I mean.
Idk about all that now.. New Orleans marching bands?

Now this is spiritual:

That ain't jazz. That woman was a vessel of God, though.
And she knew it and embraced it and rolled with it.

This is jazz:

(not spiritual)

lol jazz has nothing to do with 'spirituals'. That is one of the weirder claims here.

Marching bands are a big part of New Orleans history and culture; ever been to Mardi Gra? Before the 1960's it was all about floats and marching bands competitions.

'Jazz' evolved from a variety of sources, mostly European, and came along pretty late in New Orleans history.

I'm not "lobbing off" anything. I'm tracing the roots of Jazz. No one, and I mean NO ONE, traces the descendancy of Jazz to....marching bands. I mean.

Not ignorant teachers who never bothered to look up real history before brainwashing kids with Woke tripe. In your defense I don't think you do it on purpose, you just don't know any better and learming real history would get you fired anyway.

In any case, what are kids going to learn by doing' Native American dances n Stuff'? lol that's even more hilarious.

This is jazz:

It modulates a time or 2 and all that funky stuff. Modes. Blech.

I'm more the "bang it out and FU if you don't like it and that's it" type.

George Benson is really good, though.

You could very well be wrong about that, you know.

Not ignorant teachers who never bothered to look up real history before brainwashing kids with Woke tripe. In your defense I don't think you do it on purpose, you just don't know any better and learming real history would get you fired anyway.

In any case, what are kids going to learn by doing' Native American dances n Stuff'? lol that's even more hilarious.

What is it you think I teach?

I'll give another example. I have been teaching young children for 30 years, and know the best way for children to understand something is to engage in it. So for example, when we learn Native American music, I play authentic clips and we do simple drumming, circle dances, and singing games from the culture.

At the height of the "appropriation" panic the word was "you can't do this" because I'm not Native. Wrong. The teacher these children have is me. If I don't introduce these children to authentic Native music, maybe no one does. So I do so, and also other music from all over the world.

The above is cultural appreciation. Always been important to me.
This is an honest and sincere question: HOW or WHY do to have time to "teach" children the worthless "culture" of a dead, primitive stone age people? Don't you have your hands full teaching them reading, writing, and arithmetic?

This is jazz:

It modulates a time or 2 and all that funky stuff. Modes. Blech.

I'm more the "bang it out and FU if you don't like it and that's it" type.

George Benson is really good, though.

George Benson use to pop up and jam in some the clubs around North Texas State in Denton, Texas, a lot. Benson was great, and a good person, too. Heard him live at least a couple of dozen times. NTSU at the time had one of the best jazz programs in the U.S., maybe they still do. Opem mike nights were a big thing even in small hole in the walls back the late 1960's -early 1970's.

Forum List

Back