Cuomo calls out McConnell on Kentucky's federal freeloading

Kentucky receives 148 billion more fed money than they put in.
New York puts in $116 billion more than they receive.
Yet Mitch McConnell of Kentucky wants no more federal aide for New York.
Andrew Cuomo (April 23, 2020): Let’s talk about fairness, Mitch. NYS puts $116 billion more into the federal pot than we take out. Kentucky TAKES $148 billion more from the federal pot than they put in. But we don't deserve help now because the 15,000 people who died here were predominately democrats?

Maybe because Kentucky isn't using C19 aid to back-fill gaps in their budget from irresponsible spending prior to the crisis?

Just a guess.....

You sure about that?

I guess the date of of 2008 when it actually happened escaped your notice. We shitcanned the Democrats who engineered that horseshit.

Article is from 2018. Pensions are still in deep trouble. Ther3 have been Republicans in power during that time.

Uh, no. Matt Bevin (Republican) was defeated by a Democrat who was the son of the previous governor. We have had nothing but Democrats, with the exception of Bevin, since 2007. Bevin could not keep his big mouth shut and accused teachers of all sorts of bizarre acts while governor. That is why he lost.

Andrew Cuomo (April 23, 2020): Let’s talk about fairness, Mitch. NYS puts $116 billion more into the federal pot than we take out. Kentucky TAKES $148 billion more from the federal pot than they put in. But we don't deserve help now because the 15,000 people who died here were predominately democrats?

Kentucky has TWO huge Army bases. NY has ?

The left never asks these kinds of questions. They just look at numbers without actually investigating where the money goes and think they're smart.

For example - New Mexico is the most "federally dependent" state in the country, and it's a blue state.
(Most & Least Federally Dependent States)

But in actuality there are 5 military bases there including the White Sands Missile Range which is the largest in the nation. So it stands to reason they will get a metric shit ton of federal money. However, never expect a leftist to do any such research in regards to red states.... doesn't fit the narrative.

Maybe because Kentucky isn't using C19 aid to back-fill gaps in their budget from irresponsible spending prior to the crisis?

Just a guess.....

You sure about that?

I guess the date of of 2008 when it actually happened escaped your notice. We shitcanned the Democrats who engineered that horseshit.

Article is from 2018. Pensions are still in deep trouble. Ther3 have been Republicans in power during that time.

You think that C19 aid should go to prop up state pensions?

Wow.

Government workers should not get pensions. They get easy jobs primarily because they are non-White, then they do overtime the last year of their 20 and the pension is based on that. Totally corrupt parasites.

Moscow Mitch Rides Again. I wonder how that Russian Aluminum plant is coming along in Kentucky? Got to admit, he did his best to quash the knowledge of Russian interference in the 2016 election. Bet he didn't know his own republican controlled Senate Intelligence Committee would side with the House and all the intelligence agencies. At least he tried and the Russians are holding up their end, last I heard.

Did the Russians fool you into voting for Trump with Facebook ad? You probably shouldn't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I don't do facebook. It is to prone to false information and easily spreading propaganda. I was specifically trained to resist propaganda. I voted 3rd party for the first time in my life, because neither party's candidate was fit to run the country. Thankfully the Hill did not get elected. Too bad it turns out I was right about trump. Oh yes, I'm not bad at walking and chewing gum. Skiing above 10,000 feet in a blinding snow storm, not so much, but I got over it. Be glad when we all get over the trump presidency.

Ah yes, the 3rd party wasted voter.....How did that vote work out for ya?

Got exactly what I wanted. A clear conscience, knowing I did not help put either of those two main party, despicable candidates in office, but exercised my vote for someone who had potential to do less harm than than the two low road candidates of the two main parties. Many people chose between the lesser of two evils. I can't do that. I will not do that.

Despicable huh? So you have a president working to put this country back to greatness again, the other wanted to continue the fundamental transformation of America into a 3rd world shithole, so you vote for some worthless candidate who has a snowballs chance in hell, and you have a clear conscience.....Bwaaahhhaaaaa....That is just too fucking funny.

What utter horse sh#t flowes from you fingertips. I take it you voted for the liar-n-chief. Character counts with me. Both were people of bad character. My experience is, people who willingly follow people of bad character usually are of bad character themselves. If you get in a jamb, you don't want someone to lie to you, someone just out for themselves. You don't want someone who sides with your enemies. I lean toward people in leadership positions that will under promise and over deliver. I owe nothing to your two parties. I certainly owe nothing to our current president. I will do my part to vote him out in November. It is the American way.

Oh so you would of rather had someone like Mittens Romney? Or Jeb Bush? Allow Joe the groper Biden to become the next President? If the President wins reelection, will you leave this country? I can only hope so.

Moscow Mitch Rides Again. I wonder how that Russian Aluminum plant is coming along in Kentucky? Got to admit, he did his best to quash the knowledge of Russian interference in the 2016 election. Bet he didn't know his own republican controlled Senate Intelligence Committee would side with the House and all the intelligence agencies. At least he tried and the Russians are holding up their end, last I heard.

Did the Russians fool you into voting for Trump with Facebook ad? You probably shouldn't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I don't do facebook. It is to prone to false information and easily spreading propaganda. I was specifically trained to resist propaganda. I voted 3rd party for the first time in my life, because neither party's candidate was fit to run the country. Thankfully the Hill did not get elected. Too bad it turns out I was right about trump. Oh yes, I'm not bad at walking and chewing gum. Skiing above 10,000 feet in a blinding snow storm, not so much, but I got over it. Be glad when we all get over the trump presidency.

Got exactly what I wanted. A clear conscience, knowing I did not help put either of those two main party, despicable candidates in office, but exercised my vote for someone who had potential to do less harm than than the two low road candidates of the two main parties. Many people chose between the lesser of two evils. I can't do that. I will not do that.

Despicable huh? So you have a president working to put this country back to greatness again, the other wanted to continue the fundamental transformation of America into a 3rd world shithole, so you vote for some worthless candidate who has a snowballs chance in hell, and you have a clear conscience.....Bwaaahhhaaaaa....That is just too fucking funny.

What utter horse sh#t flowes from you fingertips. I take it you voted for the liar-n-chief. Character counts with me. Both were people of bad character. My experience is, people who willingly follow people of bad character usually are of bad character themselves. If you get in a jamb, you don't want someone to lie to you, someone just out for themselves. You don't want someone who sides with your enemies. I lean toward people in leadership positions that will under promise and over deliver. I owe nothing to your two parties. I certainly owe nothing to our current president. I will do my part to vote him out in November. It is the American way.

Strong words....why don't you tell us who you voted for in the last 8 presidential elections or however many you voted in.

I'll give it from the beginning. Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Obama, and Gary Johnson. Nixon because I lean conservative, he was for getting out of Vietnam and my lottery number was 42. Carter because of Nixon and Ford's pardon. Reagan because I didn't like how Carter worked out. Reagan because I lean conservative, liked his policy stance and he was an excellent communicator and debater. Reagan again because I liked him the first time. Bush, because I like Reagan and thought it would be a continuation, plus we agreed on supply side economics being the same as voodoo economic. Bill Clinton because I liked his policies, wanted a change for change sake, and he was a good communicator and debater. Clinton again, because because the country was working well with him there and Newt in Congress. Loved the balance budget forced by Newt. Gore for same reason I voted for Bush, figured 4 more good years for the country and he is from my home state. Kerry because I was opposed to war in Iraq the Bush got us into. Obama because I lost tens of thousands of dollars in the Bush crash and the plant I had been on management staff with for years had closed. Obama, because I was employed again as an expert in my field, though not at same level, but making money again and making good progress putting my financial house back in order in preparation for retirement. Gary Johnson because he had experience as a state governor, figure he knew how government worked, didn't seem to lie to me, he was for balanced budget, against the multiple wars we were in and against the failed war on drugs. I regret none of my votes (including Nixon), even the ones that did not win. During same time I supported and voted for a host of republican Representatives,Senators and Govenors (one still in the Senate since I first vote for him for his first term as governor to get rid of the crooked Democrat (pardon selling) Ray Blanton, the same year I voted for Nixon. I have voted for a Dem governor or two, but they worked out. Tennessee has a pretty good history of governance on governors after Blanton was gone by Lamar Alexander being sworn in early to stop more pardon sale during Blanton's final week in office.

So you voted for Obama the 1st time because of White Guilt? Then the second time because you are just a fucking moron?

The Never Let a Crisis go to waste party is using the Covid bailout as a way to paper over their massive "we <3 Illegals and Union" deficits

California 12% of the population of the USA house 34% of the welfare dollars.

California gets nearly half a trillion in Federal aid, almost twice as much as the 2nd most for a state.
Great. Now do the other half of the equation. Subtract that from what Cali pays in to the federal govt.

Federal freeloading is the subject at hand. Not how much federal spending they receive.

California 12% of the population of the USA house 34% of the welfare dollars.

California gets nearly half a trillion in Federal aid, almost twice as much as the 2nd most for a state.
Great. Now do the other half of the equation. Subtract that from what Cali pays in to the federal govt.

Federal freeloading is the subject at hand. Not how much federal spending they receive.
If you are do hostile to freeloading, then you should support ending welfare.

Oh so you would of rather had someone like Mittens Romney? Or Jeb Bush? Allow Joe the groper Biden to become the next President? If the President wins reelection, will you leave this country? I can only hope so.

In 2016 I wold have voted for them. You got to remember, the choice was him or Hillary. It was a perfect storm of horrible, lying, no character POS politicians. Tump very well may have been the lesser of two evils. If didn't have Hillary to hate and gin up the distrust and hate, the Republicans would not have run trump. Both parties were not going for the lowest common denominator. Hillary primary coronation by hook or crook (she basically but literally bought the party apparatus) allowed both parties to go for the lowest divisor and it did just that, to complete the division of the country.
No. I won't leave the country. When Biden wins the election, to you have plans to give up on America and leave the country?

I wish we had a law that prohibits any state from receiving more federal tax dollars than they contribute.

Most blue states receive less money than we contribute. Most red states receive more money than they contribute.

The red states don't properly tax their population so depends on tax dollars from blue states to pay their bills. In other words. They're deadbeats. Yet they condemn us in the blue states for properly taxing our states.

If a state can't survive on their own they shouldn't mooch off the rest of us.

They should do what they demand others do. Pull themselves up by their own boot straps and stop mooching off us.

We in the blue states wouldn't have to pay as high state taxes if we weren't being robbed by the red states.

I'm so tired of them leaching off us while complaining that liberals are lazy and welfare states. When the exact opposite is the true reality.

Forum List

Back