Cuomo Has Blood On His Hands

DIRECTING the infected old people back into nursing homes.
Where they were to be kept in isolation.
Just wow...

The nursing homes warned Coumo that they were NOT set up to handle infectious people. They BEGGED him to change his order. He was well informed that COVID-19 was lethal to this population. This is negligent homicide and he has no protections as he was informed on multiple occasions. The state is going to have to pay big time for this..

If a nursing home can't keep people in isolation, they need to be shut down.

Have you even had a family member in a Nursing Home?
Of course. And I’ve worked in a number too as a young adult.
My mother-in-law was in 2 different nursing homes and neither had sections designed for isolation.
The municipality or state would have to set that up.
Did Cuomo offer such assistance?

They were given guidance on what to do.
Are they legally obligated to comply?

If they want to remain in business.
I guess whatever the rules for normal operation are overridden.
To what extent can the normal rules be overridden.
Is there a minimal amount of space required around a bed for life support equipment?

I guess you do not understand what "SCOPE OF PRACTICE" is.... Its fundamental to all of healthcare and they must act within their licensing and scope of practice. Very few nursing homes have scope of practice regulations which allow housing of extremely contagious persons.

Most Nursing Homes work in conjunction with their City/County emergency planning department.

The County I live in had several large Nursing Homes who closed down entire wings and revented air flow specifically for CV19 overflow.
Where did they place the current residents?

They were moved to other wings.
That's must be some operation!
I'm glad I don't work in a nursing home.

Just wow...

The nursing homes warned Coumo that they were NOT set up to handle infectious people. They BEGGED him to change his order. He was well informed that COVID-19 was lethal to this population. This is negligent homicide and he has no protections as he was informed on multiple occasions. The state is going to have to pay big time for this..

Have you even had a family member in a Nursing Home?
Of course. And I’ve worked in a number too as a young adult.
My mother-in-law was in 2 different nursing homes and neither had sections designed for isolation.
The municipality or state would have to set that up.
Did Cuomo offer such assistance?

They were given guidance on what to do.
Are they legally obligated to comply?

Only if they were given legal instruction.

In NYs case, the State Health Dept (?) handed down instructions; where in reality the instruction needed to come from DHS/CMS

Just wow...

Very few nursing homes have negative presure isolation areas. They are not required under the federal regulations. Coumo knew this and still forec nursing homes to take people who were airborne virus infected and contagious. They NEVER should have left the hospitals and negative pressure containment areas.

Coumos order killed thousands of the elderly who were most at risk of this virus.
Negative pressure is not required for isolation of COVID patients unless they're undergoing an aerosolizing procedure.

Then why do we have to stand more than 6 feet away from each other and wear masks?
Because 6 feet is the typical range of droplet spread. Droplets are heavy and fall to the ground. Aerosolized particles stay suspended in the air.

wow, you really are going in circles on this one. Did Cuomo give you a reach around recently?

Most nursing homes are less like a hospital and more like a dormitory with medical staff. Isolation wasn't really considered in their design and layout.

Their layout isn’t much different than most hospital wards who have been forced to adapt.

Its very different from a HVAC as well as staffing perspective.

Again, they had whole temp units and a freaking ship for COVID cases, why send them to Nursing homes?

Is there a minimal amount of space required around a bed for life support equipment?

'Normal' rules don't get overridden.
Rules become enhanced in an emergency situation.

Life support is for critical care patients who are roomed in a hospital.

We just decimated our economy in order to protect the most vulnerable among us, did we not? Cuomo not only failed to protect the fragile old people, he sent bio bombs directly into their residences. The blame rests solely with Cuomo, not the nursing homes. That and the fact that he kept subways running without ordering them to be disinfected are sufficient grounds for his immediate removal.

Just wow...

WTF? Nursing homes aren't for isolation. Where the heck is your head? Nursing homes are isolated? LOL!

'Normal' rules don't get overridden.
Rules become enhanced in an emergency situation.

Life support is for critical care patients who are roomed in a hospital.
1 nursing home we used had almost 100% of patients on oxygen feeds.

Just wow...

WTF? Nursing homes aren't for isolation. Where the heck is your head? Nursing homes are isolated? LOL!
Let's be fair; that's not quite what he said.

Most nursing homes are less like a hospital and more like a dormitory with medical staff. Isolation wasn't really considered in their design and layout.

Their layout isn’t much different than most hospital wards who have been forced to adapt.

Its very different from a HVAC as well as staffing perspective.

Again, they had whole temp units and a freaking ship for COVID cases, why send them to Nursing homes?
Then figure it out. It’s not like no one else has had to adapt.

Just wow...

Very few nursing homes have negative presure isolation areas. They are not required under the federal regulations. Coumo knew this and still forec nursing homes to take people who were airborne virus infected and contagious. They NEVER should have left the hospitals and negative pressure containment areas.

Coumos order killed thousands of the elderly who were most at risk of this virus.
Negative pressure is not required for isolation of COVID patients unless they're undergoing an aerosolizing procedure.

Then why do we have to stand more than 6 feet away from each other and wear masks?
Because 6 feet is the typical range of droplet spread. Droplets are heavy and fall to the ground. Aerosolized particles stay suspended in the air.

wow, you really are going in circles on this one. Did Cuomo give you a reach around recently?
What circles? Maybe you just don’t really know what you’re talking about.

Look, at the end of the day this is about money.

Nursing homes don't want to spend the money to set up isolation rooms with the appropriate equipment and staff. They want to force the hospitals to keep their residents in their hospital for the duration of their infection even though they may not require inpatient treatment. This is while the hospitals were overflowing with patients and critically short on staff and supplies. But we're supposed to keep patients sitting in beds for no other reason than it would cost the nursing home money.

In an ideal world, sure, everyone would be able to convalesce in a hospital bed, but we don't live in a perfect world. There are finite resources.
All Cuomo had to do was write a letter directing the infected people to go the COMFORT ship or the temporary shelters and not do something obviously insane. His actions are indefensible.
Actually, the fact that Coumo also sent large numbers of body bags to the nursing homes proves that he KNEW his actions would cause additional deaths, and chose to proceed with them...

And we all know that INTENT (OR PLANNING) is a key element in a MURDER CHARGE...

Or in this case, considering the numbers involved, enough murder charges to qualify him as a MASS MURDERER!!!

Coumo deserves the DEATH PENALTY, or a least a LIFE SENTANCE, WITH NO CHANCE OF PAROLE!!!

"I KNOW NUTING"!!
Remember Sgt Schultz reporting for duty.?
Two weeks ago Governor Andrew, of New York Cuomo was asked about “HIS” policy that forced nursing homes to admit patients infected with the COVID-19 virus. His response was, I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT. On Tuesday the governor was asked about a report released by “HIS” team that added over 1700 more deaths in nursing homes from the COVID -19 virus, bringing the total nursing home deaths to just shy of 5000. His response, I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT

"I KNOW NUTING"!!
Two weeks ago Governor Andrew, of New York Cuomo was asked about “HIS” policy that forced nursing homes to admit patients infected with the COVID-19 virus. His response was, I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT. On Tuesday the governor was asked about a report released by “HIS” team that added over 1700 more deaths in nursing homes from the COVID -19 virus, bringing the total nursing home deaths to just shy of 5000. His response, I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT

"I KNOW NUTING"!!
It figures. Cuomo is an IDIOT.

Forum List

Back