🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult IMHO to cyberbully on an anonymous message board. Real cyber bullying usually involve people online that gang up on someone who's real life identity is known. Bullying usually happens to a person that is unable to defend himself or escape. When everyone is anonymous, escape is easy.
Yes, that would be true for rational folks. But not so easy for irrational folks.

Let me paint a picture... Sonny who once was ingratiated in the "clique" in the FZ fell out of favor. So for the last 3 years a war has been going on. Any rational person looking at the stream will see a bully situation where a group of individuals mercilessly attack him. Now I won't get into whether it was justified or not or whether he played a role in it continuing. I am only going to focus on what someone outside would see.

So let's say that Sonny offs himself and leaves a note explaining that it was because of the three years of bullying he received in the FZ. How do you think the outside world would see this if it went viral?

I don't think he would do this. But I also don't think he is rational and would leave if it were to happen. If he did what would follow would be entirely predictable.

I think it's only a matter of time before the "flame zone" and other such safe havens for bullies to bully on the internet will soon be a thing of the past though. It's probably just not worth it for the mods or for the site owners. It could even be a liability for them if things were to escalate to another level.
It has a purpose in that it keeps them there. They bring it upstairs and we can choose whether to go down there or not, IMO.
Them are people, not thems.
I should have worded it differently. It keeps that behavior in the FZ, not people.
It isn't working. It's actually pretty bad.

It's difficult IMHO to cyberbully on an anonymous message board. Real cyber bullying usually involve people online that gang up on someone who's real life identity is known. Bullying usually happens to a person that is unable to defend himself or escape. When everyone is anonymous, escape is easy.
Yes, that would be true for rational folks. But not so easy for irrational folks.

Let me paint a picture... Sonny who once was ingratiated in the "clique" in the FZ fell out of favor. So for the last 3 years a war has been going on. Any rational person looking at the stream will see a bully situation where a group of individuals mercilessly attack him. Now I won't get into whether it was justified or not or whether he played a role in it continuing. I am only going to focus on what someone outside would see.

So let's say that Sonny offs himself and leaves a note explaining that it was because of the three years of bullying he received in the FZ. How do you think the outside world would see this if it went viral?

I don't think he would do this. But I also don't think he is rational and would leave if it were to happen. If he did what would follow would be entirely predictable.
Thats a completely biased view, of course. If sonny's not been "mercilessly attacking"(gmafb) bones and several others, then ding is mother theresa.

Thats a completely biased view, of course. If sonny's not been "mercilessly attacking"(gmafb) bones and several others, then ding is mother theresa.
It doesn't matter. This is effectively a risk discussion, GT. Do you understand what that means?

It doesn't matter. This is effectively a risk discussion, GT. Do you understand what that means?
Of course it matters.

It means that folks such as yourself that choose to take a biased bent and "new division" yourselves up bones' asshole in her cancer and hiking and family threads...

while pleading testimony to "sonny is mercilessly attacked"....all the while he attacks her...(and gets the pile on help from the "new division")

are really the more glaring problem.

The flamezone is not for fake virtue signalers to come and get off on their sanctimony....

Its for folks who enjoy ribbing each other.

Sonny, you and some others take it to the extremes and act sanctimoneous while being guilty yourselves, which is quite dark because it's sinister.

Truth is, its only excusable if somebody is literally stupid.

Last edited:

Of course it matters.

It means that folks such as yourself that choose to take a biased bent and new division up bones' asshole in her cancer and hiking and family threads...

while pleading testimony to "sonny is mercilessly attacked"....all the while he attacks her...

The flamezone is not for fake virtue signalers to come and get off on their sanctimony....

Sonny, you and some others take it to the extremes and act sanctimoneous while being guilty yourselves, which is quite dark because it's sinister.

No, GT. It doesn't matter. No one is going to care.They will see an old man whose only interactions were in an internet forum. They will see a bully situation that existed for three years where it was literally eight against one. They will see mod actions against the clique. They will see this discussion where it was discussed. They will see all of this and it won't go well for USMB.

Risk has two components; magnitude and likelihood. While the likelihood of this risk is low, the magnitude of the risk is high. Therefore, this is a high risk.

I don't know which world you live in, but the world I live in has lawyers and lawyers salivate over shit like this. Now let me tell you about negligence. Negligence is when someone's mistake results in harm to someone else. You don't get let off the hook because it was a mistake. But there is something called gross negligence. Gross negligence is when you know about a situation and you let it go on. Treble the damages for gross negligence. So lawyers won't just come after USMB and the mods for negligence. They will come after them for gross negligence.

So you can argue all day long until you are blue in the face whether sonny deserved it or not and that won't matter one single bit.

Now do you understand?

Of course it matters.

It means that folks such as yourself that choose to take a biased bent and "new division" yourselves up bones' asshole in her cancer and hiking and family threads...

while pleading testimony to "sonny is mercilessly attacked"....all the while he attacks her...(and gets the pile on help from the "new division")

What a crock of shit. Sonny is mercilessly reamed 24/7 for something you THINK he meant..or he retaliated for being harassed all the damn time. He didn't deserve that and still doesn't. Your continual refusal to acknowledge your own actions or lack thereof on this display of nonstop bullying doesn't surprise me. Y'all stick together. Stuff your lies and bullshit where the sun doesn't shine...along with your lowlife cronies.
And..it isn't just Sonny. Its anyone you guys choose to make the soup de jour of the day. It must truly suck to be you.

I wonder if this sanctimony was put to the test...it'd fail

yeah it fails.

Manis got a thread (several) with the new division (and ding!!) ganging up on him...

and its ALSO been going on for 3+ years.

The difference is....Ding doesnt feel this fraudulant virtuousness when he piles onto Manifold along with the new division.

Why not? Cause manifold has "clique".

but sonny doesnt have "clique" because new division, and ding, is invisible.

I think there's a bit of fakeness I just proved right there. Objectively, with facts.

Of course it matters.

What a crock of shit. Sonny is mercilessly reamed 24/7 for something you THINK he meant..or he retaliated for being harassed all the damn time. He didn't deserve that and still doesn't. Your continual refusal to acknowledge your own actions or lack thereof on this display of nonstop bullying doesn't surprise me. Y'all stick together. Stuff your lies and bullshit where the sun doesn't shine...along with your lowlife cronies.
And..it isn't just Sonny. Its anyone you guys choose to make the soup de jour of the day. It must truly suck to be you.
Your take on it has been hashed and rehashed, and good for you, Gracie. It was a much different experience from where I sat.

New division. Still harping on that, are ya? Things slow in the cess pit or something. You rag on DF, ChrisL, probably me, Ding, and many MANY more.
I, too, wish that shithole was shut down. And I also wish like hell this place would get sued for allowing it to continue just because it makes it easier on staff to keep the dregs of this joint down there instead of handling it the way it should be handled. WOMD the fucking place.

I wonder if this sanctimony is put to the test...itd fail

yeah it fails.

Manis got a thread (several) with the new division (and ding!!) ganging up on him...

The difference is....Ding doesnt feel this fraudulant virtuousness when he piles onto Manifold along with the new division.

I think there's a bit of fakeness I just proved right there. Objectively, with facts.
Again you are missing the point, GT. This is about risk. This is about liability. The participants in the FZ won't be liable. USMB and the mods hold the liability. It is the risk they assume. Not you. Not me. Not manifold. The mods and USMB.

Do you understand this?

Of course it matters.

Your take on it has been hashed and rehashed, and good for you, Gracie. It was a much different experience from where I sat.
And I was there when it all went down, in case you forget. I saw what Bones shared. I saw what Sonny said. From MY take, he didn't deserve what he gets daily. But...different strokes for different folks. Trying to make you see the proverbial light is like trying to make the grass blue.

Of course it matters.

It means that folks such as yourself that choose to take a biased bent and new division up bones' asshole in her cancer and hiking and family threads...

while pleading testimony to "sonny is mercilessly attacked"....all the while he attacks her...

No, GT. It doesn't matter. No one is going to care.They will see an old man whose only interactions were in an internet forum. They will see a bully situation that existed for three years where it was literally eight against one. They will see mod actions against the clique. They will see this discussion where it was discussed. They will see all of this and it won't go well for USMB.

Risk has two components; magnitude and likelihood. While the likelihood of this risk is low, the magnitude of the risk is high. Therefore, this is a high risk.

I don't know which world you live in, but the world I live in has lawyers and lawyers salivate over shit like this. Now let me tell you about negligence. Negligence is when someone's mistake results in harm to someone else. You don't get let off the hook because it was a mistake. But there is something called gross negligence. Gross negligence is when you know about a situation and you let it go on. Treble the damages for gross negligence. So lawyers won't just come after USMB and the mods for negligence. They will come after them for gross negligence.

So you can argue all day long until you are blue in the face whether sonny deserved it or not and that won't matter one single bit.

Now do you understand?
you totally ignore the you, new division and sonnys part and thats why your tl:dr sanctimony is too fake for school, jimbo.

Kids are the real victims of bullying, whether in person or on social media. Being bullied can make a person of any age miserable and kids are especially vulnerable to the despair that leads to suicide.

The First Lady realizes it's a serious problem...unlike Michelle Obama who thought potato chips were a kid's worst enemy.

Of course it matters.

Now do you understand?
you totally ignore the you, new division and sonnys part and thats why your tl:dr sanctimony is too fake for school, jimbo.
:blahblah:

I wonder if this sanctimony is put to the test...itd fail

yeah it fails.

Again you are missing the point, GT. This is about risk. This is about liability. The participants in the FZ won't be liable. USMB and the mods hold the liability. It is the risk they assume. Not you. Not me. Not manifold. The mods and USMB.

Do you understand this?
None of them are liable. Theres a warning at the door and its also 18+ and completely anonymous, not facebook....and sonny gangs up on folks with his "crew" just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back