Cyprus crisis speads to USA causing Great Depression

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
Ok it has not happened yet but with so many liberals around it well might!!

In Cyprus it is no longer safe to keep your money in a bank and so it will soon be impossible to get a loan from a bank there. The brilliant ECB has caused huge uncertainty in the banking industry after spending years trying to build confidence in that very industry! This might lead to depression.

In California, our most liberal state, the government just imposed a retroactive 5 year tax on small business, the job creation element in our economy! Imagine making plans, spending money, and then being told you have to unspend that money so you can pay taxes.

Its insane counter productive run amok liberalism much like what we are seeing in Cyprus.

Obama has fixed everything.. no worries.

yes like when he kept a carrier here rather than in the gulf as he was promising Iran that he wouldn't let them have nukes or when he said he'd close Guantanamo, or keep unemployment below 7%.

Ok it has not happened yet but with so many liberals around it well might!!

In Cyprus it is no longer safe to keep your money in a bank and so it will soon be impossible to get a loan from a bank there. The brilliant ECB has caused huge uncertainty in the banking industry after spending years trying to build confidence in that very industry! This might lead to depression.

In California, our most liberal state, the government just imposed a retroactive 5 year tax on small business, the job creation element in our economy! Imagine making plans, spending money, and then being told you have to unspend that money so you can pay taxes.

Its insane counter productive run amok liberalism much like what we are seeing in Cyprus.
I will give you that California is strange.

Hey, what is the govenor score for the last 100 years in Cali, Repub vs Demo?

I guess CA didn't bother to read Article I, Section 10 that prohibits them from passing ex post facto laws. They will get their ass kicked in court.

This situation is so more complicated than what really is being projected. It has so much to do with the institution of the EU and who invested into that and then into Cyprus and now that some are collecting on their investment it is coming back to the US. Those Americans that put money into Cyprus now have to pay for the trouble that is in that country.

I guess CA didn't bother to read Article I, Section 10 that prohibits them from passing ex post facto laws. They will get their ass kicked in court.

California had a tax break for businesses which was recently found to be unconstitutional. And so those who took advantage of the tax break are being told they must now pay the taxes they would have paid if they did not have such a tax break, since that tax expenditure is unconstitutional.

California had a tax break for businesses which was recently found to be unconstitutional. And so those who took advantage of the tax break are being told they must now pay the taxes they would have paid if they did not have such a tax break, since that tax expenditure is unconstitutional.

good point lets not invest in our business ever again because libturds may find a 100 or 200 year old tax break unconstitutional and ask us to pay back 100 or 200 years of back taxes!

A liberal is like a Nazi, he always sides with the state over the people!

California To Hit Startup Founders with Big Retroactive Tax Bills | Xconomy
California Entrepreneurs Hit With Retroactive Tax - Business Insider

no wonder so many businesses want out of here.....

they never learn, they always want to treat business as cash cow for their crippling but vote getting welfare programs

USA, that bomb has been defused ... but not for Europa that one is still live.

USA, that bomb has been defused ... but not for Europa that one is still live.

why defused??? our banks and our money market funds are heavily invested in Europe plus they are huge trade partner plus we are $16 trillion in debt. It takes a global village

That wasn't stated in the OP, but I think any business that paid their tax liability according to existing law could easily defend against the states attempts at retroactive collection. I know I would try.

10 years of a ten per cent levy and Obama's "Fundamental Transformation Of American" is done, all private wealth transferred into Government hands. "You didn't build that!". Do you unbelievers need any more proof than that?
The only exceptions to the complete and total transfer of all private wealth will be the incorrigibles that try to keep their valuables at home stashed in places like in or under their mattresses. Since no citizens will also be legally able to own any firearms to protect their wealth stored at home, this will always be subject to personal tax extraction by any number and variety of Obama supporters or Occupy Wall Street followers similar to the taxes Joshua Komisarjevsky and Stephen Hayes extracted from the Pettit Family, in particular, the extremely thoroughly taxed wife and the two daughters.
Barack Obama's job of complete wealth redistribution will be complete and on that day he will rest, well deserved for a job well done

Sounds like a lawyers dream. It will be interesting to watch this one.

That wasn't stated in the OP, but I think any business that paid their tax liability according to existing law could easily defend against the states attempts at retroactive collection. I know I would try.

im sure the lawsuits are coming.....and of course,thats more money the State will be spending .....the jerks.....

im sure the lawsuits are coming.....and of course,thats more money the State will be spending .....the jerks.....

Even Gov. Moonbean Brown himself is saying nice things now to support the businesses affected, although privately I'm sure he's happy to see the greedy businessmen pay their fair share.

Imagine what would happen if California was say France and they couldn't move out ! Thank God we have only a Federal government rather than a national government.

Even Gov. Moonbean Brown himself is saying nice things now to support the businesses affected, although privately I'm sure he's happy to see the greedy businessmen pay their fair share.

Imagine what would happen if California was say France and they couldn't move out ! Thank God we have only a Federal government rather than a national government.

well talk is cheap....lets see if he tries to do something about it.....

well talk is cheap....lets see if he tries to do something about it.....

let's see what happens if the Euro crisis hits a big country! Now we have another huge dose of uncertainty introduced. You wonder why we didn't see the housing crisis coming and why Europe didn't see the housing and Euro crisis coming either and what we are all missing now!!

Forum List

Back