Daniel Jones agrees to 4 year 160 million

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
I personally think that’s an overpay. Daniel Jones only threw for 16 touchdowns on the year, how in the hell does that translate into 40 million dollars a year?

Ridiculous for a QB not in the top 15 in yds or TDs
But who else do the Giants have?

Have to see what Saquon gets

Ridiculous for a QB not in the top 15 in yds or TDs
But who else do the Giants have?

Have to see what Saquon gets

If Saquon re-signs you guys still don’t have the weapons. I think this signing was an overreaction to a season where the giants overachieved.

They signed Jones because they are convinced he is their guy for the future. They have seen a lot more than we have, and the road playoff win got him paid. Saquon gets the franchise tag, which is cheaper for RB's, only $10 million

They signed Jones because they are convinced he is their guy for the future. They have seen a lot more than we have, and the road playoff win got him paid. Saquon gets the franchise tag, which is cheaper for RB's, only $10 million
The only thing he really improved that we were able to see is he doesn’t turn the ball over anymore. He still doesn’t throw for a lot of yards or TDs, so essentially he’s a game manager getting paid 40 million a year.

The only thing he really improved that we were able to see is he doesn’t turn the ball over anymore. He still doesn’t throw for a lot of yards or TDs, so essentially he’s a game manager getting paid 40 million a year.
Jones still doesn’t have anyone to throw to

The Giants offense is get it to Barkley or Jones scampering

You're overlooking something: His receiving corps was awful. That matters.

You're overlooking something: His receiving corps was awful. That matters.
And it’s going to probably stay that way unless you hit in the draft

I personally think that’s an overpay. Daniel Jones only threw for 16 touchdowns on the year, how in the hell does that translate into 40 million dollars a year?
They way overpaid that guy. He 1 year removed from being a turnover machine. Mahomes is making 45 and he throws as many TDs in a year as this cat has in his 4 years as a starter.

They way overpaid that guy. He 1 year removed from being a turnover machine. Mahomes is making 45 and he throws as many TDs in a year as this cat has in his 4 years as a starter.
Yeah I don’t think it really makes sense. The Giants are probably going to come back to earth next year, and the New York media is going to have a field day talking shit about them.

Yeah I don’t think it really makes sense. The Giants are probably going to come back to earth next year, and the New York media is going to have a field day talking shit about them.
Just looked it up. He’s never thrown more TDs than games played in a season his entire career. Lamar Jackson just told the Ravens his price just went up.

He's gonna get $32 million, but here's the kicker: It's non-exclusive. Anyone can have him for two first round picks.
yes unless the Ravens match the deal. LJ is worth far more than 32 million. And the issue is and has been the long term.

yes unless the Ravens match the deal. LJ is worth far more than 32 million. And the issue is and has been the long term.
Not if he’s hurt. Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III.. running QBs who didn’t last long as good players bc they got hurt too much then couldn’t become effective pocket passers

yes unless the Ravens match the deal. LJ is worth far more than 32 million.
The league doesn't think so, which is kind of curious. Do they think his style of play means future injury? That's my guess. I think his arm accuracy is a problem, he often has to run to get key third downs.

Not if he’s hurt. Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III.. running QBs who didn’t last long as good players bc they got hurt too much then couldn’t become effective pocket passers
Jackson threw more TD's in 12 games than Jones did in 17.

Jones is a running QB. He's terrible in the pocket. He ran for 708 yds this year. How often does Jones' name come up in the MVP conversation? He wasn't even considered a franchise QB it's why the Giants didn't pick up his 5th year option. What are the chances the Giants are saying man we got this Jones guy for a bargain in 3 years? He's going to make 5 million less than Patrick Mahomes. 2 time MVP, 2 time SB champ, 2 time SB MVP, 3 time AFC Champ. Has been to the AFC Championship every year he's been the starter. Is Mahomes really only 5 million dollars better than Jones?

The Giants overpaid.

The league doesn't think so, which is kind of curious. Do they think his style of play means future injury? That's my guess. I think his arm accuracy is a problem, he often has to run to get key third downs.
That remains to be seen. He's been on the market for 24 hours.

That remains to be seen. He's been on the market for 24 hours.
Lamar Jackson’s problem is he doesn’t have an agent, and he wants to be the first QB to sign a fully guaranteed contract. It ain’t going to happen

Forum List

Back