Dark matter captured for the first time

the article wasn't very clear. they didn't find a lump of dark matter sitting in the bottom of the mineshaft, that's just where they put the detectors. not unlike the neutrino detectors that signaled the supernova of 1981.

And with the LHC coming on line, we are going to see some amazing discoveries in the next few years.
Unless the improbably happens and they make a black hole that lingers too long...

But in that scenario, we wouldn't be around long enough to be aware of our demise.

Ame®icano;1828884 said:
Time to act is now. If we do nothing, the world as we know could end. That’s why we should think of our children and grand children and make sure they have a future. Congress should immediately, by the end of day, push the 3000 pages of legislation written by the United Steel Workers and commit $2 trillion dollars for research of dark matter...
Do you know what you're babbling about? 'Cause I have no idea...

☭proletarian☭;1828901 said:
Ame®icano;1828884 said:
Time to act is now. If we do nothing, the world as we know could end. That’s why we should think of our children and grand children and make sure they have a future. Congress should immediately, by the end of day, push the 3000 pages of legislation written by the United Steel Workers and commit $2 trillion dollars for research of dark matter...
Do you know what you're babbling about? 'Cause I have no idea...

Focus...

Well, if some are confused I will add to the 'dark matter' thread.

I have been capturing and bagging Dark Matter for years, every time I walk my dog. :lol:
I know, that's a bit tacky, but what the 'ell.

Well, if some are confused I will add to the 'dark matter' thread.

I have been capturing and bagging Dark Matter for years, every time I walk my dog. :lol:
I know, that's a bit tacky, but what the 'ell.

Leela's pet Nibbler does the same thing on the show "Futurama".

Matter of fact, that is what saved them from falling into an imploding planet.

Gray matter is what in shortest supply. Whatever this stuff is it is invisible right? Since when is invisible stuff a color?

This thread is like a list to me of the folks who take the global warming thing personally. Makes them seem like some radical hacks who would attack poor Chris if they catch him in a dark alley.

Lord. It would almost be better if we all posted under the name " anonymous " so the childish couldn't attack others.

This thread is like a list to me of the folks who take the global warming thing personally. Makes them seem like some radical hacks who would attack poor Chris if they catch him in a dark alley.

Lord. It would almost be better if we all posted under the name " anonymous " so the childish couldn't attack others.

Chris is an Obamabot who makes an ass of himself constantly. That is why he is ridiculed. Because he is essentially brainless, I would not attack Chris in an alley unless he attacked me first. I doubt I would ever find myself in an alley with Chris.

PS- I think AGW is a scam that fashionable liberals are overly fond of. I don't lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
Gray matter is what in shortest supply. Whatever this stuff is it is invisible right? Since when is invisible stuff a color?

Apparently you're not really up on current science.

Lemmie catch you up..........

Ever hear of a thing called "infrared"? It's a visible medium (when recorded with the right instruments), that shows heat as a color.

It's also used to paint targets for fighter aircraft and missiles.

Remember..........what is visible to the human eye is only a tiny part of the spectrum.

Incidentally, radio waves have no "color" per se, the color comes when the vibrations of the wave generate it.

Same thing with visible light by the way.

You're welcome. I've only got a high school diploma.

Why did you have to take it there, Biker?

*shudder*

What's wrong with you people?

☭proletarian☭;1832068 said:
Why did you have to take it there, Biker?

*shudder*

What's wrong with you people?

Why?

Not cuz I gotta, not cuz I wanna, simply cuz I can.

Dunno what's wrong with the others, but I can tell you what's wrong with me though....

I'm outta my mind.

Why am I out of my mind? Simple........I like to think outside the box.

Apparently you're not really up on current science.

Lemmie catch you up..........

Ever hear of a thing called "infrared"? It's a visible medium (when recorded with the right instruments), that shows heat as a color.

It's also used to paint targets for fighter aircraft and missiles.

Remember..........what is visible to the human eye is only a tiny part of the spectrum.

Incidentally, radio waves have no "color" per se, the color comes when the vibrations of the wave generate it.

Same thing with visible light by the way.

You're welcome. I've only got a high school diploma.

The instrument registers the result as color. The actual substance is invisible. You may want to return that diploma. We know why the sky is blue too Mr. Nye.

Chris is an Obamabot who makes an ass of himself constantly. That is why he is ridiculed. Because he is essentially brainless, I would not attack Chris in an alley unless he attacked me first. I doubt I would ever find myself in an alley with Chris.

PS- I think AGW is a scam that fashionable liberals are overly fond of. I don't lose any sleep over it.

Speaking of childish...

"A 1980 paper based on spectrograph studies hypothesized that more than half of the mass of all of the galaxies in the universe would have to be comprised of dark matter because, otherwise, Newton's Law of Gravity would not be universal."

Translation: the bedrock principles of physics still are problematic, but Man Made Global Warming is "Settled Science"

b/c those two have so much to do with one another

Forum List

Back