Data Mining...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Sooo you call a friend on the cell phone or land line, walk out your front door, send mail, buy something on line or at a store, turn on the television and switch channel, drive a car, use a credit card, go to a doctor, vote, take a picture, post on the USMB....Well... basically do anything and you are "data mined"

It's so fortunate for us..:wtf:.. that the government (NSA) is building a 1 million to 1.5 million square foot structure for storing this information (data mining).

---------------------------------

Crowds across the U.S. gathered Thursday to protest the federal government’s surveillance of the American public – recently highlighted by leaker Edward Snowden – as part of pro-Forth Amendment rallies, chanting “NSA go away!”

More than 400 people gathered in New York and Washington D.C., while around 300 people were estimated to be in San Francisco.

Protests were also scheduled in 100 other cities, according to the organizers, “Restore the Fourth,” who describe themselves as a grassroots, non-partisan movement. The organization estimated that national turnout would be around 10,000 people, Reuters reports.

“Our demands are very simple: We think these programs which violate the constitutional rights of Americans need to end,” Ben Doernberg, an organizer of the New York City protest, told Fox News.

The Fourth Amendment protects Americans from unlawful search and seizure.

Read more: Crowds across America protest NSA in 'Restore the Fourth' movement | Fox News

Crowds across America protest NSA in 'Restore the Fourth' movement | Fox News

Last edited:
Did anything like this exist during Bush? If so, did you comlain then?

If not, stop being a hack.

Happy Fourth!

The historical prohibition against NSA conducting domestic operations was there for a good reason.

I'm nearly certain that with the end of the Cold War -- the agency was looking for a juicy new reason to exist and found one --- when the FBI screwed up so badly in tracking 9/11 leads..

That new Utah complex ought to be turned over to the PEOPLE and used to spy on anyone recieving a Federal paycheck.. THAT would be a much better use.. Since we can't count on press to focus on govt oversight -- we should have a tool to do so ourselves..

Happy Fourth!

I'm a hack for what exactly..???.....and happy 4th to You and Yours...sheesh

Happy Fourth!

Yes and yes.

You?

Actually, no. Nothing like this existed at all during the Bush years. He passed the law that made all this possible but they still had to build it. The answers then should have been:
No, and yes.

He gets the credit for passing the asinine law and all those that did not see this coming were being idiots at the time BUT that really does not excuse the asinine deflections that are used today.

IF you opposed the PA before, WHY are you deflecting now rather than welcoming all those that now oppose it and have lost their insanity? (Not directed at you hjmick, I know you are not doing that)

We all love Santa Claus don't we???

"Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town"

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town

He's making a list,
Checking it twice;
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake

With little tin horns and little toy drums
Rooty toot toots and rummy tum tums

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake
Goodness sake

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming
Santa Claus is coming

(Coming to town)
Santa's a busy man he has no time to play
He's got millions of stockings to fill on Christmas day
(Santa Claus is coming to town)
(Coming to town)
(Santa Claus is coming to town)
(Coming to town)

Data mining is serious topic Deltex1.. Highly technical topic..

We can't have this kind of ............. ho ho ho...

Bush passed a law that made it easier to surveil foreigners. obama is using it to spy on Americans.

Not the same thing at all.

Such government activity should disgust anyone. That data collection facility should be demolished.

Bush passed a law that made it easier to surveil foreigners. obama is using it to spy on Americans.

Such government activity should disgust anyone. That data collection facility should be demolished.

I suspect Obama used NSA supplied data mining to win the last election..

Data mining is what God does to let you into heaven...and what Santa does to bring you presents. The problem is that God and Santa are intrinsically good...humans not so much.

Data mining is what God does to let you into heaven...and what Santa does to bring you presents. The problem is that God and Santa are intrinsically good...humans not so much.

That isn't the only problem with GOD and Santa...

Of course he did. He gave out the names an addresses of those who didn't vote for him last time and suggested a personal visit might be used for persuasion.

Of course he did. He gave out the names an addresses of those who didn't vote for him last time and suggested a personal visit might be used for persuasion.

Of course he did. I'm sure you and every other person who didn't vote for him on this board received the same threat. Idiot. :cuckoo:

Well we do know Obama/Democrats used independent (:)eusa_shifty:)) agencies to investigate and intimidate Republican contributors and candidates..

Forum List

Back