David Petraeus sentenced to probation for sharing classified information

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
David Petraeus, the retired US army general and former CIA director responsible for the development of the hugely influential “counter-insurgency” strategy used in Iraq and Afghanistan, was sentenced on Thursday to two years’ probation and ordered to pay a fine of $100,000 for sharing highly classified information with his lover and biographer, Paula Broadwell.

The fine was $60,000 more than had been expected under the terms of a plea deal; the two years’ probation was as expected.

Outside the courthouse following his sentencing, Petraeus gave a short statement to the press in which he apologised “to those closest to me, and many others, including those with whom I was privileged to serve with in the military”.
David Petraeus sentenced to probation for sharing classified information US news The Guardian

So senior government officials who share top secret information with their mistresses get a slap on the wrist, but those who expose systematic wrongdoing by the federal government are thrown into a hole or forced to flee the country so as not to be thrown in a hole. I guess the government protects its own.

So what we learn from this is that sharing a secret is far worse than Destroying A Whole Bunch of Secrets stored on a personal email server that was most likely hacked by Russia and China, who found out the secrets for themselves.

So what we learn from this is that sharing a secret is far worse than Destroying A Whole Bunch of Secrets stored on a personal email server that was most likely hacked by Russia and China, who found out the secrets for themselves.
We learn that the higher up you are in the power elite the less the laws apply to you.

Petraeus' mistress had her own security clearance...not on his level but she was no spy or enemy agent. This is all Obozo and Holder keeping the General out of the 2012 election...he could have put them both in Leavenworth.

Lucky for him......he's not a teacher in Atlanta who fudged some test scores.
They probably considered the good he did for the country, which is immeasurable, instead of being a parasite his whole life and ruining futures to get fat off of public money. Thinking isn't your best skill, is it?

Forum List

Back