Day of infamy? pssst,, the Japs won WWII

I keep seeing all these pics of Japanese autos and all the praise...well I owned two Japanese autos in my life a Toyota Corona MarkII 1971 bought new traded in my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd...not that it was a bad car loved it... but needed the gas mileage cause I got married...also owned a 1975 Toyota pu bought new 1975 sold it two years ago...never had a problem..

However there are lemons in all auto production...and all products from Japan are not just autos...on my boat I have a Chrysler Force 125hp OB it kicks ass over the Japanese Yamaha 125hp any day, and is more dependable!

I also own two American autos a Jeep Cherokee Limited(Chrysler-Dodge) has given me dependable service...and a Ford Mustang Conv..which also has been dependable! So for y'all to go on bashing American autos cause ya got a lemon in the past is disingenious to say the least! :salute: ;)

archangel said:
I keep seeing all these pics of Japanese autos and all the praise...well I owned two Japanese autos in my life a Toyota Corona MarkII 1971 bought new traded in my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd...not that it was a bad car loved it... but needed the gas mileage cause I got married...also owned a 1975 Toyota pu bought new 1975 sold it two years ago...never had a problem..

However there are lemons in all auto production...and all products from Japan are not just autos...on my boat I have a Chrysler Force 125hp OB it kicks ass over the Japanese Yamaha 125hp any day, and is more dependable!

I also own two American autos a Jeep Cherokee Limited(Chrysler-Dodge) has given me dependable service...and a Ford Mustang Conv..which also has been dependable! So for y'all to go on bashing American autos cause ya got a lemon in the past is disingenious to say the least! :salute: ;)
Japanese quality is currently kicking the shit out of American quality. That's not because one or two of us have had a lemon, it's the general experience of most, and you see it reflected in the ratings. Perhaps you've been lucky in not getting lemons more so then we've been unlucky in getting them, perhaps?

The ClayTaurus said:
Japanese quality is currently kicking the shit out of American quality. That's not because one or two of us have had a lemon, it's the general experience of most, and you see it reflected in the ratings. Perhaps you've been lucky in not getting lemons more so then we've been unlucky in getting them, perhaps?

Right - nobody is talking onesies and twosies... 'as a whole' Japanese (and Korean increasingly) cars are built with higher/closer tolerances. Today's American cars have taken HUGE strides, however, in terms of build quality and workmanship.

The ClayTaurus said:

However if I decide to buy a new sports car it will be retrograde maybe another 1957 vet...from my past or maybe a Dodge Viper..over a toy toyota! :laugh:

archangel said:
However if I decide to buy a new sports car it will be retrograde maybe another 1957 vet...from my past or maybe a Dodge Viper..over a toy toyota! :laugh:
Does Toyota make a sportscar?

One day, when I'm rolling in money, I'll assemble my 1960-70's muscle car super garage.

The ClayTaurus said:
Does Toyota make a sportscar?

One day, when I'm rolling in money, I'll assemble my 1960-70's muscle car super garage.

dunno...but according to DMP they do...he keeps posting his! and for the 60-70's muscle car garage...I'm impressed...go for it...the early Vets and Dodge & Chrysler autos... and even Olds came up with some good ones...Ford did get most of the Police contracts for muscle in the day!the 312& 460cu rocked..as did Chrysler 383 cu! Chev had a nice 283 and 327 cu too...all in the preference though!My vet (57')had a 283 bored out to 301 with two 4bbls & progressive linkage...ya could not bore it out further cause it would overheat! :teeth:

side note: correction not Olds meant Pontiac Tri-power...three two barrels with progressive linkage!

archangel said:
dunno...but according to DMP they do...he keeps posting his! and for the 60-70's muscle car garage...I'm impressed...go for it...the early Vets and Dodge & Chrysler autos... and even Olds came up with some good ones...Ford did get most of the Police contracts for muscle in the day!the 312& 460cu rocked..as did Chrysler 383 cu! Chev had a nice 283 and 327 cu too...all in the preference though!My vet (57')had a 283 bored out to 301 with two 4bbls & progressive linkage...ya could not bore it out further cause it would overheat! :teeth:

I don't have a toyota. I have a mazda. And a Ford. :)

For the record, the 3rd car I drove in my life was a 68 Roadrunner, built 383...my brother taught me how to counter-steer while doing burnouts/fishtails in that car.

:)

dmp said:
I don't have a toyota. I have a mazda. And a Ford. :)

For the record, the 3rd car I drove in my life was a 68 Roadrunner, built 383...my brother taught me how to counter-steer while doing burnouts/fishtails in that car.

:)

my bad...confused Toyota with Mazda...both Japanese though! and the 383 was a great engine...minus the prob's with distributor failure...not a major issue mind ya but annoying...gotta love the 283's and 312's Ford and Chevy...high rpms for the money!

archangel said:

A lemon? Hell, I could make lemonade!

Seriously Arch when we were kids anything “made in Japan” was junk.
The tide has changed now, their beating the shit out of U.S. quality. IMO

But this is also deeper than just quality for me. Look what you get as standard equipment on Japanese cars vs US cars, not to mention the safety ratings. We aren’t competing it’s as simple as that.

I wouldn’t buy Japanese as a kid then, and I won’t buy US as an adult now.

Mr. P said:
A lemon? Hell, I could make lemonade!

Seriously Arch when we were kids anything “made in Japan” was junk.
The tide has changed now, their beating the shit out of U.S. quality. IMO

But this is also deeper than just quality for me. Look what you get as standard equipment on Japanese cars vs US cars, not to mention the safety ratings. We aren’t competing it’s as simple as that.

I wouldn’t buy Japanese as a kid then, and I won’t buy US as an adult now.

being that I am from the "Old school" I am a optimist vs 'Pessimist'...the Mr.'P ' avatar....so far I have been well served by U.S.products...I am sorry to hear that you have had "bad" luck...what can I say?

Working Man said:
But that is a good looking copy of a Dodge Viper.. Nice pictures.

I hope you realize that the Viper, while American built, was designed by Osamu Shikado.

Max Power said:
I hope you realize that the Viper, while American built, was designed by Osamu Shikado.

interesting................. :link: ....even if true was this the look or mechanical components? ;)

archangel said:
being that I am from the "Old school" I am a optimist vs 'Pessimist'...the Mr.'P ' avatar....so far I have been well served by U.S.products...I am sorry to hear that you have had "bad" luck...what can I say?
Oh I’m no pessimist, I am totally optimistic that the Japanese will continue to produce a superior vehicale. :D

Mr. P said:
Oh I’m no pessimist, I am totally optimistic that the Japanese will continue to produce a superior vehicale. :D

"Vehicale" as in California vehicle being a Cali thingee.... :halo: just havn' some fun here no malice intended!

Forum List

Back