DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

I'm happy where I am because Walmart is being kept out of MANY areas.
Tax payers here do WANT to see local store keepers go broke in favor of a corporate entity.

Within 20 miles in any direction, I can get to more than a dozen Walmart stores whether it be a Market, Sam's or a Superstore.
You have my sympathies.

I personally prefer Costco...
Aluminum pans of superior quality 30 lasagna panes for $5.95.
Professional Size Aluminum foil for $11.00 lasts for months.
Top quality Paper plates, cups...great prices and last for months.

That only compares to Sam's in the equivalent sense. There aren't but 2 in that same driving distance.

We also have 2 Costco stores in that same area. Strange that in both locations, Costco and Sam's are less than 1/2 mile apart.

We have BJ's right near Walmart.
But we also have Walmart and Super Stop & Shop right next door to each other.
Costco is pretty far from both Walmart.

I suggest you avail yourself of a BJ if it is available. It might help that grouchy disposition of yours. Just don't tell Bill Clinton.

BJ's Price & Quality is highly inferior to Costco...simply no comparison.
Speaking of grouchy, you seem to be quite loose with your ad hominems today.
Get the sarcasm?

Its so great that poor people have a choice where to buy cheaply made, cheap foreign goods.

Yeah, it's weird that poor people benefit from low prices.

You shop at Walmart regularly todd?

I go there occasionally. I prefer Costco.

You like Dollar Generals?

No.

You seem to care a lot about the poor todd. And seem to have a lot of the same habits and such.

Are you a poor person todd?

Just curious and there is nothing wrong with being poor. Its just that its kinda tough. Do you get SNAP also? Its ok I dont mind.

I am not like so many others on here who HAtE it that their tax dollars go to help the poor, even the working poor.

Then cut out food stamps and the like.

You stupid fuck. You are going to pay more if their is no Walmart jobs.

No Walmart jobs will eventually result in an Economic infrastructure overhaul.
Leading the poor along generation after generation is SICK.

Generational poverty has far more to do with the generations in it than Walmart ever could if it wanted to.

Based on the overwhelmingly number of postings on this and many other forums, Conservatives hold the belief that the poor can simply pick themselves up and move on to greener pastures.
It used to be easier with millions of Illegals and unemployed Business Visas who are getting all the low wage jobs.
I find it highly unlikely that most poor LOVE being poor and working themselves to the bone their entire lives.

I didn't say it was simple. It requires effort. Perhaps that's why so many generations within the same family stay poor. They've learned it's easier to get a check handed to them than work for one. "It worked for my mama so it's good enough for me" is the mentality.

Those that want to make the effort can and will get ahead. Those that want to make excuses won't but will still expect the rest of us to support them.

I didn't say they loved it. I said they accept it.

All I am seeing in your posts is stupid excuses as to why you are consistently wrong.

And all I see in your posts is confusion as to why you are a Conservative on some issues and a Liberal on others.
If the Waltons are incapable of maintaining their business paradigm without social aid they have failed.

How are they getting social aid?

You are hopelessly confused by your own circular arguments. Keep it up and you will be agreeing with me without even realizing it!

Are you an idiot?
Have you read every posting on this thread?
No? Then do so!
Walmart gives classes on how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.

Hello! They provide information to low-skilled employees who may need Medicaid since they cannot afford Obamacare. Many of these workers unfortunately have families they cannot support on what Walmart pays them. If you have a wife and two kids, working at Walmart as a cashier should not be your end goal in life. Perhaps if these workers stay with Walmart they can develop skills that will lead to higher levels of responsibility and increased pay.

I think it is very good they provide that service. They could just say"F-you, you are on your own"!

You seem to think they should go out of businesses helping employees who do not help themselves to the educational opportunities that would prevent them from having to work at Walmart.

Do you know who checks membership cards and receipts at our local Sam's Club? They are physically handicapped individuals who cannot perform any major functions because of mobility issues.

I guess you would prefer they not have a job at all.

Walmart is a far cry from going out of business and Walmart THRIVES on undercutting the competition.
As I have already stated, I would much prefer my taxes going to improve the infrastructure and upward mobility of wherever Walmart decides to take advantage of the local poor.

For about the third time in this thread, what do your taxes have to do with Walmart?

All I am seeing in your posts is stupid excuses as to why you are consistently wrong.

And all I see in your posts is confusion as to why you are a Conservative on some issues and a Liberal on others.
If the Waltons are incapable of maintaining their business paradigm without social aid they have failed.

You are hopelessly confused by your own circular arguments. Keep it up and you will be agreeing with me without even realizing it!

Are you an idiot?
No? Then do so!

Hello! They provide information to low-skilled employees who may need Medicaid since they cannot afford Obamacare. Many of these workers unfortunately have families they cannot support on what Walmart pays them. If you have a wife and two kids, working at Walmart as a cashier should not be your end goal in life. Perhaps if these workers stay with Walmart they can develop skills that will lead to higher levels of responsibility and increased pay.

I think it is very good they provide that service. They could just say"F-you, you are on your own"!

You seem to think they should go out of businesses helping employees who do not help themselves to the educational opportunities that would prevent them from having to work at Walmart.

Do you know who checks membership cards and receipts at our local Sam's Club? They are physically handicapped individuals who cannot perform any major functions because of mobility issues.

Walmart is a far cry from going out of business and Walmart THRIVES on undercutting the competition.
As I have already stated, I would much prefer my taxes going to improve the infrastructure and upward mobility of wherever Walmart decides to take advantage of the local poor.

Walmart decides to take advantage of the local poor.

I know, offering them a large selection at low prices, darn that evil WalMart!!

You seem to care a lot about the poor todd. And seem to have a lot of the same habits and such.

Are you a poor person todd?

Just curious and there is nothing wrong with being poor. Its just that its kinda tough. Do you get SNAP also? Its ok I dont mind.

I am not like so many others on here who HAtE it that their tax dollars go to help the poor, even the working poor.

Generational poverty has far more to do with the generations in it than Walmart ever could if it wanted to.

Based on the overwhelmingly number of postings on this and many other forums, Conservatives hold the belief that the poor can simply pick themselves up and move on to greener pastures.
It used to be easier with millions of Illegals and unemployed Business Visas who are getting all the low wage jobs.
I find it highly unlikely that most poor LOVE being poor and working themselves to the bone their entire lives.

I didn't say it was simple. It requires effort. Perhaps that's why so many generations within the same family stay poor. They've learned it's easier to get a check handed to them than work for one. "It worked for my mama so it's good enough for me" is the mentality.

Those that want to make the effort can and will get ahead. Those that want to make excuses won't but will still expect the rest of us to support them.

I don't think it's so simple to pick up and move.
Lots of people moving to NYC/LI getting minimum jobs along with many college graduates.
We are inundated with non-citizens diluting value.

Within 20 miles in any direction, I can get to more than a dozen Walmart stores whether it be a Market, Sam's or a Superstore.
You have my sympathies.

That only compares to Sam's in the equivalent sense. There aren't but 2 in that same driving distance.

We also have 2 Costco stores in that same area. Strange that in both locations, Costco and Sam's are less than 1/2 mile apart.

I suggest you avail yourself of a BJ if it is available. It might help that grouchy disposition of yours. Just don't tell Bill Clinton.

Get the sarcasm?

Don't have one with a feasible driving distance to me. I went on their website. The closest one to me is almost 100 miles.

Are you an idiot?
No? Then do so!

For about the third time in this thread, what do your taxes have to do with Walmart?

Just answer the question...
Does the Federal Government take money from NYC and apportion some out to, let's say, Orlando, Florida?

Lots of people moving to NYC/LI getting minimum jobs along with many college graduates.

It is easy to move. You just put one foot in front of the other and pretty soon you are no longer where you were.

You have my sympathies.

Get the sarcasm?

Don't have one with a feasible driving distance to me. I went on their website. The closest one to me is almost 100 miles.

I was disappointed with BJ's.
Though they had a very good price on Pilot G2 pens.

Are you an idiot?
No? Then do so!

Does the Federal Government take money from NYC and apportion some out to, let's say, Orlando, Florida?

Certainly, but that is the way things work. If you have a problem with that, it is understandable, but it has nothing to do with Walmart.

It is easy to move. You just put one foot in front of the other and pretty soon you are no longer where you were.

So move.
I know, I know, YOU love your piss poor paying job so YOU are not moving.
I guess EVERYBODY has the same thought process.

It must be. The poor move much more than the non-poor. There's far more effort in moving if you own vs. if you rent or live in Section 8. For me to move, I have to sell my house. For a poor person renting, all they have to do is pack up and go.

Get the sarcasm?

There are doctors that can help you with that problem.

Are you an idiot?
No? Then do so!

Certainly, but that is the way things work. If you have a problem with that, it is understandable, but it has nothing to do with Walmart.

I have better things to do with MY money than subsidize Walmart's conquest of America.

So move.

I have no need to move.

Get the sarcasm?

The only problem I have right now is your moronic postings cheering on Walmart's Business Model.

So move.

I have no need to move.

I was addressing his Admiralcy.

Get the sarcasm?

The only problem I have right now is your moronic postings cheering on Walmart's Business Model.

You have a business that is profitable. They must be doing something right.

So move.

I have no need to move.

I was addressing his Admiralcy.

Since I agree with him, no difference.

So move.

Oh, I have moved. I am in my 6th school district. Every time has been better than before, but moving like that doesn't get you tenure! I worked in school districts that pay more, but the cost of living also goes up. That is why you have teachers in Nassau County making $100,000 while we top out in the low 60s. My house, if it were in LI, would probably go for close to a half million dollars.

Also, according to crime stats, I live in the 5th safest city in the US.

Forum List

Back