DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Walmart puts other retailers out of business.

So does high crime in the inner city.
Thank God there's no crime in Suburban areas.

Not where I live. Maybe YOU should move?

I'm happy where I am because Walmart is being kept out of MANY areas.
Tax payers here do WANT to see local store keepers go broke in favor of a corporate entity.

Within 20 miles in any direction, I can get to more than a dozen Walmart stores whether it be a Market, Sam's or a Superstore.
You have my sympathies.

I personally prefer Costco...
Aluminum pans of superior quality 30 lasagna panes for $5.95.
Professional Size Aluminum foil for $11.00 lasts for months.
Top quality Paper plates, cups...great prices and last for months.

You don't think Costco affect the Mom and Pop businesses?

Maybe not razor thin. None the less still billions in net income.

I bet you had some other point you were trying to make? What was it?

Idiots pretend they have huge profits. Their margins are not that large.
Adding some actual facts to the discussion. You're welcome.
Then I suggest the Waltons go into a better line of business.
Or maybe without Sam they don't have the skillset.
Get the sarcasm?

All I am seeing in your posts is stupid excuses as to why you are consistently wrong.

And all I see in your posts is confusion as to why you are a Conservative on some issues and a Liberal on others.
If the Waltons are incapable of maintaining their business paradigm without social aid they have failed.

How are they getting social aid?

You are hopelessly confused by your own circular arguments. Keep it up and you will be agreeing with me without even realizing it!

Are you an idiot?
Have you read every posting on this thread?
No? Then do so!
Walmart gives classes on how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.

If Walmarts have such RAZOR THIN profits, why does it make BILLIONS every year?

Last year, $485 billion in revenue, $16.8 billion in net income.
Less than 3.5% of sales.

Get the sarcasm?

All I am seeing in your posts is stupid excuses as to why you are consistently wrong.

And all I see in your posts is confusion as to why you are a Conservative on some issues and a Liberal on others.
If the Waltons are incapable of maintaining their business paradigm without social aid they have failed.

Lmfao

Failed?

Failed?

Failed?

Ya do know we live In a country of capitalism don't ya? Sam Walton started with one store and took advantage of every law, every loop hole , every marketing strategy etc... Etc... To turn It into one of the biggest cooperations on the planet.

Tax payers here do WANT to see local store keepers go broke in favor of a corporate entity.

Within 20 miles in any direction, I can get to more than a dozen Walmart stores whether it be a Market, Sam's or a Superstore.
You have my sympathies.

That only compares to Sam's in the equivalent sense. There aren't but 2 in that same driving distance.

We also have 2 Costco stores in that same area. Strange that in both locations, Costco and Sam's are less than 1/2 mile apart.

We have BJ's right near Walmart.
But we also have Walmart and Super Stop & Shop right next door to each other.
Costco is pretty far from both Walmart.

Yeah, large chain stores suck so bad that when I needed a shower faucet handle I went to a local store to find a replacement and paid $7.00. Lowe's sells them for less than $4.00. As a highly underpaid public school teacher, I can't afford to pay almost double.

"a highly underpaid public school teacher"
I suggest you do what MOST suggest Walmart employess do...change jobs.
C'mon, the slum people can do it so certainly you can.
Get the sarcasm?

I have tens of thousands of dollars and years of education invested in my profession. People who work at Walmart have no such investment.

So you apparently wasted much time and money; not necessarily your own fault.
I had the same experience with Software Development thanks to Bill Gates and Larry Ellison.

Not at all. I enjoy my job, unlike some people. I just do not tolerate ignorance very well as a result, and you are a serial offender.

It must really piss you off that I know how Big Entities run our poor even further into the ground.
Get your Representatives to make your region more self-sufficient; don't beg for subsidies for Big Corporations.

Why are you always accusing me of being a liberal when all you have spouted in this thread is liberal doublespeak?

My area is mostly agricultural and manufacturing based industries. My wife works for a a cable company. The largest employer is UPS.

Your area's industry is primarily being a housing development for people who work in NYC.

Get the sarcasm?

Lmfao

Failed?

Failed?

Failed?

Ya do know we live In a country of capitalism don't ya? Sam Walton started with one store and took advantage of every law, every loop hole , every marketing strategy etc... Etc... To turn It into one of the biggest cooperations on the planet.

Which Conservatives love.
Shows you what a$$holes Conservatives are.
Walmart hands Legislation over to Representives and Conservatives get erections.

Walmart is not cheaper than any other Super Store in Nassau County.

That's good to know. More choices are better for the consumer

Its so great that poor people have a choice where to buy cheaply made, cheap foreign goods.

It helps the economy so much. the guys on the shop floor in China want to thank you.

You shop at Walmart regularly todd?
Good for you, you have some great choices. You like Dollar Generals?

Its so great that poor people have a choice where to buy cheaply made, cheap foreign goods.

Yeah, it's weird that poor people benefit from low prices.

I go there occasionally. I prefer Costco.

You like Dollar Generals?

No.

You seem to care a lot about the poor todd. And seem to have a lot of the same habits and such.

Are you a poor person todd?

Just curious and there is nothing wrong with being poor. Its just that its kinda tough. Do you get SNAP also? Its ok I dont mind.

I am not like so many others on here who HAtE it that their tax dollars go to help the poor, even the working poor.

Then cut out food stamps and the like.

You stupid fuck. You are going to pay more if their is no Walmart jobs.

"a highly underpaid public school teacher"
I suggest you do what MOST suggest Walmart employess do...change jobs.
C'mon, the slum people can do it so certainly you can.
Get the sarcasm?

I have tens of thousands of dollars and years of education invested in my profession. People who work at Walmart have no such investment.

I had the same experience with Software Development thanks to Bill Gates and Larry Ellison.

Not at all. I enjoy my job, unlike some people. I just do not tolerate ignorance very well as a result, and you are a serial offender.

It must really piss you off that I know how Big Entities run our poor even further into the ground.
Get your Representatives to make your region more self-sufficient; don't beg for subsidies for Big Corporations.

Why are you always accusing me of being a liberal when all you have spouted in this thread is liberal doublespeak?

My area is mostly agricultural and manufacturing based industries. My wife works for a a cable company. The largest employer is UPS.

Your area's industry is primarily being a housing development for people who work in NYC.

Anyone who favors Big Money being supported by Taxes is REALLY a Liberal.
I know MOST Ideologues consider that to be Conservative, but it only proves that Conservatives will criticize poor people getting social aid but are deliriously happy when Corporations get the same.
In MY Independent mind, that is REALLY Liberalism applied to Business.

You have my sympathies.

Neither Costco in my area is located ANYWHERE near a small business.

Get the sarcasm?

Lmfao

Failed?

Failed?

Failed?

Walmart hands Legislation over to Representives and Conservatives get erections.

Its human nature to take advantage of laws, God damn in your world you think the poor is not scamming the system by selling their meds on the streets or EBT cards, 50 cents on the dollar.

It helps the economy so much. the guys on the shop floor in China want to thank you.

No.

You seem to care a lot about the poor todd. And seem to have a lot of the same habits and such.

Just curious and there is nothing wrong with being poor. Its just that its kinda tough. Do you get SNAP also? Its ok I dont mind.

I am not like so many others on here who HAtE it that their tax dollars go to help the poor, even the working poor.

No Walmart jobs will eventually result in an Economic infrastructure overhaul.
Leading the poor along generation after generation is SICK.

Get the sarcasm?

Lmfao

Failed?

Failed?

Failed?

Its human nature to take advantage of laws, God damn in your world you think the poor is not scamming the system by selling their meds on the streets or EBT cards, 50 cents on the dollar.

Do x number of wrongs make a right?
How stupid are you?

You have my sympathies.

Neither Costco in my area is located ANYWHERE near a small business.

Not what I asked.

Explain what you mean by anywhere. Provide a mileage distance.

No.

Generational poverty has far more to do with the generations in it than Walmart ever could if it wanted to.

No.

Really? You have a list of my poor habits and such?

Get the sarcasm?

You are hopelessly confused by your own circular arguments. Keep it up and you will be agreeing with me without even realizing it!

Are you an idiot?
No? Then do so!

Hello! They provide information to low-skilled employees who may need Medicaid since they cannot afford Obamacare. Many of these workers unfortunately have families they cannot support on what Walmart pays them. If you have a wife and two kids, working at Walmart as a cashier should not be your end goal in life. Perhaps if these workers stay with Walmart they can develop skills that will lead to higher levels of responsibility and increased pay.

I think it is very good they provide that service. They could just say"F-you, you are on your own"!

You seem to think they should go out of businesses helping employees who do not help themselves to the educational opportunities that would prevent them from having to work at Walmart.

Do you know who checks membership cards and receipts at our local Sam's Club? They are physically handicapped individuals who cannot perform any major functions because of mobility issues.

I guess you would prefer they not have a job at all.

Anyone who favors Big Money being supported by Taxes is REALLY a Liberal.
I know MOST Ideologues consider that to be Conservative, but it only proves that Conservatives will criticize poor people getting social aid but are deliriously happy when Corporations get the same.
In MY Independent mind, that is REALLY Liberalism applied to Business.

No I favor FUCKING big government and liberals stupid laws, regulations at every turn, I love it when posters on these boards cry about it and say

"Its not fair!!!"

"They are not playing by our rules"

" They are not paying their fair share"

It always makes my day :)

No.

Generational poverty has far more to do with the generations in it than Walmart ever could if it wanted to.

Based on the overwhelmingly number of postings on this and many other forums, Conservatives hold the belief that the poor can simply pick themselves up and move on to greener pastures.
It used to be easier with millions of Illegals and unemployed Business Visas who are getting all the low wage jobs.
I find it highly unlikely that most poor LOVE being poor and working themselves to the bone their entire lives.

You have my sympathies.

That only compares to Sam's in the equivalent sense. There aren't but 2 in that same driving distance.

We also have 2 Costco stores in that same area. Strange that in both locations, Costco and Sam's are less than 1/2 mile apart.

We have BJ's right near Walmart.
But we also have Walmart and Super Stop & Shop right next door to each other.
Costco is pretty far from both Walmart.

I suggest you avail yourself of a BJ if it is available. It might help that grouchy disposition of yours. Just don't tell Bill Clinton.

Get the sarcasm?

Are you an idiot?
No? Then do so!

Hello! They provide information to low-skilled employees who may need Medicaid since they cannot afford Obamacare. Many of these workers unfortunately have families they cannot support on what Walmart pays them. If you have a wife and two kids, working at Walmart as a cashier should not be your end goal in life. Perhaps if these workers stay with Walmart they can develop skills that will lead to higher levels of responsibility and increased pay.

I think it is very good they provide that service. They could just say"F-you, you are on your own"!

You seem to think they should go out of businesses helping employees who do not help themselves to the educational opportunities that would prevent them from having to work at Walmart.

Do you know who checks membership cards and receipts at our local Sam's Club? They are physically handicapped individuals who cannot perform any major functions because of mobility issues.

I guess you would prefer they not have a job at all.

Walmart is a far cry from going out of business and Walmart THRIVES on undercutting the competition.
As I have already stated, I would much prefer my taxes going to improve the infrastructure and upward mobility of wherever Walmart decides to take advantage of the local poor.

Forum List

Back