Dear Liberals: I Want a Divorce!

I have read the Divorce Agreement and. . .

• I mostly agree

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • I don't want a divorce

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I have suggested some practical amendments

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
You would think an expert in grammar would have known that exceptionalism is a real word without having to have it explained to him.

But let's don't lose focus here. It is precisely because liberals do not understand and cannot define American exceptionalism is maybe the Number #1 reason that the divorce is necessary. Yes there are many things wrong in our great nation, but liberals and conservatives will never agree on what is necessary to correct them. In Conservativeland, a concept of American exceptionalism will be at the core of all that we do.

In Liberalland, the concepts of statist values and modern progressivism must by sheer definition crowd out most or all attributes of American excpetionalism.

First of all, America was founded on the creed of establishing and protecting liberty. That’s what the Declaration of Independence is all about. The Constitution was written as well to provide not only a unified and functioning government, but the protection of individual rights. These ideas may have been born in England, Scotland, and even France, but they took shape in a particular way in the American Revolution.

The fact that it took a Civil War to realize these rights for African–Americans does not obviate it. That war came about largely because the contradiction of slavery could not be tolerated. To be sure, there were religious elements driving the abolitionist movement, but President Abraham Lincoln and other like-minded politicians were driven by the ideals in the Declaration of Independence.

What was radical at the time of the Founding was not merely the creation of a nation based on a creed—on an idea of liberty, if you will—but also that, in a time of monarchies, this idea of democratic self-government was the means to safeguard freedom. It was quite a leap of faith in the 18th century to believe that people were wise enough to govern themselves. Republics were usually associated with failure and subsequent tyrannies, either by the mob or from an emperor. The American Revolution was the realization of the Enlightenment’s ideal, and it set the stage for other democratic revolutions to come.

The American Revolution created two ideas. The first is classic American liberalism; the second is political democracy.

Classic American liberalism rests on the idea that the ultimate end of government is to protect the rights of citizens, even when the federal government is strong and unified. (I hasten to add that, in today’s parlance, this is called a “conservative” idea.)
American Exceptionalism: Liberty, Democracy, Economic Freedom

Ha. I just read the part about how Liberals don't respect American "exceptionalism." (not a real word, like "strategery"

No, honey. We just know that for all its "exceptionalism" there is a fuck load that we do incredibly, incredibly wrong. We were born under the yoke of slavery and we still have a segment of the population who can't get married to another consenting adult if they so choose.

That said, Liberals actually love America more than Conservatives. It takes a great deal more love for something to love it in spite of all its flaws. We love America more because we can admit it's not perfect, but that there's room for improvement.

Well, that and we're not a bunch of soulless money worshipers who are convinced that we can be just like the rich guys one day if only we keep giving the rich guys more money.

Exceptionalism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Exceptionalism - : the condition of being different from the norm; also: a theory expounding the exceptionalism especially of a nation or region

I don't think you need to be commenting on anyone else's grammar and vocabulary, Noah Webster. You're no one's idea of an expert in the field.

Furthermore, if you want to describe yourself as "knowing the US is exceptional, and just trying to point out flaws to improve them", which I assume was your goal here, it might help if once in a great while you took a break from bitching about how much America sucks and said something POSITIVE about it, and I don't mean talking about how great it COULD be if we'd just all fall in line with your utopian vision.

If your parents told you how much more they loved you than other parents loved their kids because it takes so much more work to love such a screwed-up piece of shit like you, would you believe they even LIKED you, let alone loved you? Because that's what you just offered as "proof" that you leftists love America, and it's about that convincing.

Note: This is not in any way a comment on Derrps' actual, real-life parents, nor his/her/its relationship with same. This is merely a generalized analogy, and any resemblance between it and actual people, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintended.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over your terrible fucking avatar.

Sorry, all I'M hearing right now is, "Waah! You made me look like an idiot, and I'm too big of a pussy to admit it! Waah!"

And I am an expert in grammar, I don't know how you knew my real name, but I'm really pissed you let the cat out of the bag.

Suure you are, Sparkles. And pimply 13-year-old gamers are experts on the Kama Sutra.

Sorry, you're right, it is a real word. But I'm also sorry that I have to look at that terrible fucking avatar.

I'm not real thrilled at having to read your stupid posts, but you don't see me driveling on about it. Butch up and stop diverting. All it does is plant a giant, flashing neon sign over the asskicking you took and don't want to acknowledge.

Exceptionalism - : the condition of being different from the norm; also: a theory expounding the exceptionalism especially of a nation or region

I don't think you need to be commenting on anyone else's grammar and vocabulary, Noah Webster. You're no one's idea of an expert in the field.

Furthermore, if you want to describe yourself as "knowing the US is exceptional, and just trying to point out flaws to improve them", which I assume was your goal here, it might help if once in a great while you took a break from bitching about how much America sucks and said something POSITIVE about it, and I don't mean talking about how great it COULD be if we'd just all fall in line with your utopian vision.

If your parents told you how much more they loved you than other parents loved their kids because it takes so much more work to love such a screwed-up piece of shit like you, would you believe they even LIKED you, let alone loved you? Because that's what you just offered as "proof" that you leftists love America, and it's about that convincing.

Note: This is not in any way a comment on Derrps' actual, real-life parents, nor his/her/its relationship with same. This is merely a generalized analogy, and any resemblance between it and actual people, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintended.

Sorry, all I'M hearing right now is, "Waah! You made me look like an idiot, and I'm too big of a pussy to admit it! Waah!"

And I am an expert in grammar, I don't know how you knew my real name, but I'm really pissed you let the cat out of the bag.

Suure you are, Sparkles. And pimply 13-year-old gamers are experts on the Kama Sutra.

Sorry, you're right, it is a real word. But I'm also sorry that I have to look at that terrible fucking avatar.

I'm not real thrilled at having to read your stupid posts, but you don't see me driveling on about it. Butch up and stop diverting. All it does is plant a giant, flashing neon sign over the asskicking you took and don't want to acknowledge.

Between your God Awful avatar, your really unfunny yet you think it's hilarious snark, and your dumb words, I'd say one thing is clear about you: You sure do suck as a human being.

Between your God Awful avatar, your really unfunny yet you think it's hilarious snark, and your dumb words, I'd say one thing is clear about you: You sure do suck as a human being.

Are you still trying to pretend you didn't get your ass kicked?

I swear, leftists are like co-dependent, stalker exes: they can never figure out when it's OVER.

Ha. I just read the part about how Liberals don't respect American "exceptionalism." (not a real word, like "strategery"

No, honey. We just know that for all its "exceptionalism" there is a fuck load that we do incredibly, incredibly wrong. We were born under the yoke of slavery and we still have a segment of the population who can't get married to another consenting adult if they so choose.

That said, Liberals actually love America more than Conservatives. It takes a great deal more love for something to love it in spite of all its flaws. We love America more because we can admit it's not perfect, but that there's room for improvement.

Well, that and we're not a bunch of soulless money worshipers who are convinced that we can be just like the rich guys one day if only we keep giving the rich guys more money.

Your repeated deflection over her avatar translates as, "I've got nothin'."

I swear, leftists are like co-dependent, stalker exes: they can never figure out when it's OVER.

Attention middle aged lady desperately clinging to her "sassy broad" cliche of a persona: Congratulations! I made a mistake and now you can pretend like you're not a horrible person for a while longer!

Also: Your avatar still sucks.

No, buddy, her avatar really, really fucking sucks. No one really buys that whole "idea," right?

Oh, look who I'm talking to about avatar appropriateness..."Simpons Meme Guy."

Attention middle aged lady desperately clinging to her "sassy broad" cliche of a persona: Congratulations! I made a mistake and now you can pretend like you're not a horrible person for a while longer!

Also: Your avatar still sucks.

Attention, pencil-dicked, misogynist loser: you will die never knowing the touch of a woman, and everyone but you will understand EXACTLY why that is.

On the bright side, at least when you're getting your ass kicked by a woman - you know, the way I kicked it earlier - you can be sure we're aware you're alive.

No, buddy, her avatar really, really fucking sucks. No one really buys that whole "idea," right?

Don't take it personally.
smug.gif

What idea? She's a dom.

you're a bit of a dick, aren't you.

you're a bit of a dick, aren't you.

Maybe. But then again the truth can sound really dicky to people who think their shit doesn't stink, Capt.

Okay, okay, it has been a very long thread, but let's continue to work for an amicable divorce by treating each other nicely.

Since the argument for American exceptionalism goes unanswered by the liberals who simply cannot be liberal and also buy into the concept of American exceptionalism, I think the issue of the flag, Pledge, National Anthem, and Constitution is settled? I will give one more opportunity to the liberals to make a case for that, but honestly you need to come up with your own thing that reflects your point of view there. The Constitution was written to create and protect American Exceptionalism and our flag, Pledge, and National Anthem are all based on that concept. Modern Day liberalism is pretty much the antithesis of that concept.

(It has nothing to do with patriotism. It has everything to do with a gemeral philosophical attitude and point of view re what our nation should be. In one respect it is the absolute foundation of the nation, and the one area that is most non negotiable and therefore creates our irreconciliable differences.)

Are you really that thick? Do you really think it's impossible to see the greatness of America but also acknowledge its many, many flaws? Or do you not know U.S. History enough to know the many, many places we fucked up?

-Slavery
-The systematic near-extinction of a group of HUMAN BEINGS that was here well before we got here
-The internment of Japanese AMERICANS in World War II
-Women couldn't vote until almost 150 years after the country was founded
-Jim Crow Laws
-Anti-interracial marriage laws
-The Defense of Marriage Act
-Citizens United
-The Second Iraqi War

That doesn't mean we haven't done some kick-ass shit. But you don't have to suck America's dick to know it's a good country, nor do you have to hate America to acknowledge its blunders. Blind, nationalistic shouting doesn't make you more of a Patriot someone who admits our faults; it makes you less of one.

You just demonstrated the fatal flaw of Conservative Patriotism. You care more about the SYMBOLOGY of the nation than you do about the SUBSTANCE of its character. Which is a terribly wonderful bit of irony, considering how much you all like to tell us we have no moral character.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back