Death by Sweet Little Awesome Pitties

Ghetto culture raises these dogs this way. Hope the owner gets charged with murder.

Can't have them in our community. Banned as well they should be
I have mixed feelings about this breed. I dont trust them, but I think the behavior is taught. I've seen too many of a certain race teaching this breed to be viscous.

The other dogs are gonna be euthanized. I dont like that. I'd rather see the owner euthanized

Ghetto culture raises these dogs this way. Hope the owner gets charged with murder.

Can't have them in our community. Banned as well they should be
I have mixed feelings about this breed. I dont trust them, but I think the behavior is taught. I've seen too many of a certain race teaching this breed to be viscous.

The other dogs are gonna be euthanized. I dont like that. I'd rather see the owner euthanized

I agree with the ban, why take chances? Far too many children running around

Sorry to hear of another tragic attack, PixieStix

One solution, inspired by a nonprofit that SCREENS and trains rescue pitbulls to serve as
companion and service dogs to Vets recovering from PTSD (where the Vets receive full
training also in managing these professionally trained and screened pitbuills), would be
for ALL Pitbulls AND THEIR OWNERS to go through the same extensive screening and training.
If either of them do not pass professional standards of proper obedience and management,
then HOA or Civic Associations could bar them from those neighborhoods. And make it a
REQUIREMENT for residents to pass the same PROFESSIONAL level screening and training
that the Veteran nonprofits use to ensure safety with pitbulls. I would require the PROFESSIONAL
trainers screen out which pitbulls are obedient and trainable, and which cannot be trusted.

If all districts adopted a mandatory policy for screening/training in order to have pitbulls,
these tragic attacks and deaths would be prevented. And the owners would also get proper
screening, training, and/or counseling if they are part of the problem of negligent deaths.

If it takes that much work, then fucking just say NO.

My dog is a yellow lab. Friendliest dog in the world, right after Gooden Doodles.

Sorry to hear of another tragic attack, PixieStix

One solution, inspired by a nonprofit that SCREENS and trains rescue pitbulls to serve as
companion and service dogs to Vets recovering from PTSD (where the Vets receive full
training also in managing these professionally trained and screened pitbuills), would be
for ALL Pitbulls AND THEIR OWNERS to go through the same extensive screening and training.
If either of them do not pass professional standards of proper obedience and management,
then HOA or Civic Associations could bar them from those neighborhoods. And make it a
REQUIREMENT for residents to pass the same PROFESSIONAL level screening and training
that the Veteran nonprofits use to ensure safety with pitbulls. I would require the PROFESSIONAL
trainers screen out which pitbulls are obedient and trainable, and which cannot be trusted.

If all districts adopted a mandatory policy for screening/training in order to have pitbulls,
these tragic attacks and deaths would be prevented. And the owners would also get proper
screening, training, and/or counseling if they are part of the problem of negligent deaths.

If it takes that much work, then fucking just say NO.

My dog is a yellow lab. Friendliest dog in the world, right after Gooden Doodles.
Two of my favorite breeds.

I was riding my bike one day about a year ago and happened to look down a residential street to see a pitbull standing in the middle of the street looking agitated. He saw me when I saw him and he came running at me. I knew I couldn't get away from him on the bike, so I stopped in the middle of the street I was on and stood behind the bike, using it as a barrier. Sure enough, he came flying around the corner and pulled up when he saw me standing there. He decided to try and end-around which I blocked. That confused him....he never barked, growled or showed me his teeth...just stared at me. I gave my command voice: "BAD DOG, YOU GO HOME! This baffled him and he finally took off back where he'd come from. I could have shot him, but a ricochet might have struck a couple little kids playing on the corner who he was probably guarding....but I wasn't packed so forget that. I did the same thing with a boxer who was after me 60 years ago slinging newspapers..they don't get it that they could come straight through the center triangle of the bike frame and get you. As a compromise, I bought a flashlight/stun gun combo that puts out a cool ONE MILLION volts of current....harmless looking, looks like a fat flashlight....$55. The only caveat is you can't zap a dog that's got it's teeth sunk into you or you'll knock your own ass out too.

I was riding my bike one day about a year ago and happened to look down a residential street to see a pitbull standing in the middle of the street looking agitated. He saw me when I saw him and he came running at me. I knew I couldn't get away from him on the bike, so I stopped in the middle of the street I was on and stood behind the bike, using it as a barrier. Sure enough, he came flying around the corner and pulled up when he saw me standing there. He decided to try and end-around which I blocked. That confused him....he never barked, growled or showed me his teeth...just stared at me. I gave my command voice: "BAD DOG, YOU GO HOME! This baffled him and he finally took off back where he'd come from. I could have shot him, but a ricochet might have struck a couple little kids playing on the corner who he was probably guarding....but I wasn't packed so forget that. I did the same thing with a boxer who was after me 60 years ago slinging newspapers..they don't get it that they could come straight through the center triangle of the bike frame and get you. As a compromise, I bought a flashlight/stun gun combo that puts out a cool ONE MILLION volts of current....harmless looking, looks like a fat flashlight....$55. The only caveat is you can't zap a dog that's got it's teeth sunk into you or you'll knock your own ass out too.
When I was young, I was charged by a dog. I had no options.

I held it my hand as if to tell him to halt, and said, "I rebuke you in Jesus' name!"

The dog stopped dead in his tracks, turned and walked away. He didnt even appear angry anymore. He just walked away!

I remember saying to myself, "what do you know, it worked!"

If that didnt work, I was going to try that Vulcan neck pinch thing.

When I was young, I was charged by a dog. I had no options.

I held it my hand as if to tell him to halt, and said, "I rebuke you in Jesus' name!"

The dog stopped dead in his tracks, turned and walked away. He didnt even appear angry anymore. He just walked away!

I remember saying to myself, "what do you know, it worked!"

If that didnt work, I was going to try that Vulcan neck pinch thing.

Amen! We got training in the Army about how to fight a guard dog...basically you take a sideways stance offering less of a target and try to time them with a kick. Most dogs go for a leg so they can take you down so keep your weight balanced and dance away so they can't foot-sweep you. Most dogs have collars...if you can get ahold of that, pick up the dog, sling it over your shoulder and look for a fence to throw it over or water to drown it in.

I love Golden Retrievers. They are among the most gentle and loving of dogs. Even a golden will attack under certain circumstances. Pit bulls are no more dangerous than any other dog.

I love Golden Retrievers. They are among the most gentle and loving of dogs. Even a golden will attack under certain circumstances. Pit bulls are no more dangerous than any other dog.

When my ex-wife and I went to get puppy Carlie, there were 3 to choose from....one was docile, one was rambunctious but not interested in us, and then there was Carlie....She came flying in through the slider, leaped up onto the couch, started tearing apart a throw-pillow, stopped, looked at us, gave us a happy look, and ran back outside. I told the owner THAT ONE. On the ride home she was quiet but seemed glad to be on her way to a new adventure. Once she hit the yard, she ran the fence-line, ate some food, and had her first tug-of-war with me and her new sock. She never gave me a minute of trouble in ten years.... I miss her terribly and never got another dog. :icon_cry:

If they are ghetto dogs the owners may have fed the dogs gunpowder the pain makes them mean.
Old wives tale...

Gunpowder and Dogs | Is Gunpowder Dangerous to Dogs? | petMD
Gangs routinely give dogs gunpowder.
Uh-huh... Like I said; an old wives tale. All that would do is make them sick. Admit it it. You're just repeating some nonsense you heard...
I heard from the gang bangers who feed dogs gunpowder to make them sick. Making them sick and in pain is the whole point.

If they are ghetto dogs the owners may have fed the dogs gunpowder the pain makes them mean.
Old wives tale...

Uh-huh... Like I said; an old wives tale. All that would do is make them sick. Admit it it. You're just repeating some nonsense you heard...
I heard from the gang bangers who feed dogs gunpowder to make them sick. Making them sick and in pain is the whole point.
Yeah, I bet that's what they said...

Old wives tale...

Yeah, I bet that's what they said...
Perpetuating such fallacious nonsense is completely irresponsible. Especially around this board where some retard is bound to buy into your old wives tale, and try it on their own dog...

When my ex-wife and I went to get puppy Carlie, there were 3 to choose from....one was docile, one was rambunctious but not interested in us, and then there was Carlie....She came flying in through the slider, leaped up onto the couch, started tearing apart a throw-pillow, stopped, looked at us, gave us a happy look, and ran back outside. I told the owner THAT ONE. On the ride home she was quiet but seemed glad to be on her way to a new adventure. Once she hit the yard, she ran the fence-line, ate some food, and had her first tug-of-war with me and her new sock. She never gave me a minute of trouble in ten years.... I miss her terribly and never got another dog. :icon_cry:
You should give another dog a home.

All pitbulls should be exterminated. Every single time I read a story about a death-by-dog-mauling, it's pitbulls. It's a total fucking garbage breed that needs to be removed from the canine gene pool.
And every time someone suggests Pit Bulls should be bred out of existence this generates a whirlwind of backlash from outraged Pit Bull owners all offering the same testimony: Why I've had dozens of Pit Bulls and they love my children and are gentle and would never ever hurt any child. Yet we see from time to time stories like this one in the OP.

I could leave any child alone with a Golden Retriever and never ever worry
about the dog snapping and mauling humans to death because it's never happened. No one can make that claim about Pit Bulls because we see it just isn't so.
Not true

Golden retriever mauls child

Chesterfield woman hospitalized after golden retriever attack
If it is not true then why can't you find a single report of a GR mauling a human to death?

All you found were a couple of relatively minor dog bite reports.

You own a pos breed that's always already just barely maintaining under the surface of its primitive brain.

You own a pos breed that's always already just barely maintaining under the surface of its primitive brain.
So true. The dog CAN be loving and sweet.

And then again something can make him snap and the enormous dog with the super strong jaws will tear through a child, or old person like a shark through a pork chop.Like a popsicle stick through a wood chipper. Like a piece of paper through a lawn mower.

I don't trust any of those breeds. My in laws had a couple of Dobermans. They didn't lick people...they basted you.

I don't trust any of those breeds. My in laws had a couple of Dobermans. They didn't lick people...they basted you.

Dogs lick for the salt on your skin...or maybe some food residue, not for a dramatic show of attention...unless they were rewarded for it when they were impressionable. Never let a dog lick your mouth...they lick their ass with that tongue.

Forum List

Back