Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

Did I mention this was a freaking duck shoot?

Thing are easier when you refuse to answer substantive questions, like why some amino acids have one DNA codon and some as many as 6. How does that not imply randomness, rather than design?

Not very logical. I hope you aren't a scientific type.

Would a landscape painter paint the same landscape each and every time?

Conservatives fear science. Why? Because science flies in the face of their most cherished philosophical tenets. First, science shows that mankind was not placed, fully formed on this planet as described in the Genesis myth. That insults their very being! Why, if mankind is just as susceptible to the forces of evolution as any other life form, our status as most favored by God is in jeopardy. They forget that we are endowed with the greatest mental capacity and are capable of ferreting out the answers to questions about the natural world.

Science tells Conservatives that yes, indeed, mankind is fully capable of damaging his ecology by pollution and over development. How can someone earn a profit if he has to clean up after himself or, at least, develop means of not polluting in the first place?

Science tells us that some materials we have used are not healthy for humans or other animals or plants or our environment. When Conservatives hear that, they are quick to dismiss that science as 'junk' science. See how easy it can be if you neither understand nor respect science? If you don't like the results, just call it 'junk' and move on.

I agree. It seems strange that the religious right believes God gave us our brain, but get upset when we use it. Evolution is complete within itself and doesn't require a hand to guide it. All the guidance needed was established when the Laws of Nature were laid down. If there was any design, that's where it lies, not in the direction of evolution.

Thing are easier when you refuse to answer substantive questions, like why some amino acids have one DNA codon and some as many as 6. How does that not imply randomness, rather than design?

I can understand how you think asking questions is illogical.

:thup:

Which competing evolutionary theories? Lamarkism is dead, as is ID. Right now, with the evidence from geology, paleontology, and genetics, Darwin's theory in it's modern form is the only theory that explains what we see in life.

So trot out your competing evolutionary theories. And the peer reviewed articles in which they are expounded.

Then you really don't understand that ID really is Darwinism and always has been.

Which competing evolutionary theories? Lamarkism is dead, as is ID. Right now, with the evidence from geology, paleontology, and genetics, Darwin's theory in it's modern form is the only theory that explains what we see in life.

So trot out your competing evolutionary theories. And the peer reviewed articles in which they are expounded.

Then you really don't understand that ID really is Darwinism and always has been.
So, there is no difference between ID and Darwinism?

You're just renaming it?

Now God is a painter? I thought He was a designer! So it's all art and the codon thing is just to play with our minds? :lol:

Sure they have. 8537 said Big Bang = ID theory in scientific method as far as modifications provide evidence for a non-testable pre-existence.

And Old Rocks said the scientific method has already been applied with wanting results.

Obviously, you flat-earth guys need to get on the same page and decide which arguments you are scared shitless to permit people explore and which are permissible.

Rolling on the floor, laughing my considerable ass off!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You do know that ID is not, BY DEFINITION, a scientific theory, right? I gave you the link as to what makes a scientific theory.

That is your opinion, certainly shared by all of you doomed souls. I gave you a link as to why your butt-buddies Old Rocks and 8537 disagree with you on that.

But it will certainly be a topic of debate in Tennesee schools, and probably many other states in the very near future.

This is the telling post. Sniper thinks believing basic science and not denying the definitions of words will doom your soul. As we already know, he could have exact proof of every aspect of evolution directly in front of his face, and he feels he'd have to deny it in order to get into heaven.

He's connecting morality to science, science of course having nothing to do with morals.

Wheeee........:cuckoo:

But I did not say asking questions was illogical. In fact, this entire thread has been about the need to ask questions, and you have spent the entire thread telling us why you flat-earthers fears inquiry and debate.

Too freaking funny..

So, there is no difference between ID and Darwinism?

You're just renaming it?

Never mind the fact that there's no such thing as Darwinism. It's the Theory of Evolution and has progressed far beyond anything Darwin could have conceived.

Now God is a painter?

hmmm. I'll make a mental note to dumb down the metaphors for you next time.

But I did not say asking questions was illogical. In fact, this entire thread has been about the need to ask questions, and you have spent the entire thread telling us why you flat-earthers fears inquiry and debate.

Too freaking funny..
He asked a question, you said that was not very logical.

Would you like to change that somehow now?

So, you advocate the teaching of one religion's mythology in a science class. There is zero evidence for creationism, and huge volumes of evidence against it. And that idea affects the disciplines of geology, biology, and astronomy. Essentially, creationism denies the whole of modern science.

Evolution covers a broad range of theories, some well documented with evidence, and others pure conjecture. Discussion of the topics in the schools is neither affecting science, or leading students away from science. It is simply returning the learning environment back to free expression.

Creationism is a belief and not a theory. Intelligent design, on the other hand, is a theory that should be explored.

Too freaking funny..
He asked a question, you said that was not very logical.

Would you like to change that somehow now?

I said the question was not logical, not that asking questions was illogical.

You double-digit IQ types are starting to bore me.

Up your game.

Forum List

Back