Debate With Atheists/Leftists is Futile

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning…” - C.S. Lewis

Modern humanism is the faith that through science humankind can know the truth and still be free. But if Darwin’s theory of natural selection is true, this is impossible. The human mind serves evolutionary success, not truth! – John Gray

Why do you think the universe must have some meaning?

Why can't the universe just be what it is and nothing more?

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning…” - C.S. Lewis

Modern humanism is the faith that through science humankind can know the truth and still be free. But if Darwin’s theory of natural selection is true, this is impossible. The human mind serves evolutionary success, not truth! – John Gray

Because it has structure.

It is what it is - with or without more. But it was always "more" - even when it was a not (=when it was nothing).
I disagree.

the universe simply is what it is. It began and it will end just like everything else.

Because it has structure.

It is what it is - with or without more. But it was always "more" - even when it was a not (=when it was nothing).
I disagree.

the universe simply is what it is.

So you really disagree with my "It is what it is", universe? But I'm the universe, universe. I am right and you are an idiot. That's the universe, universe, isn't it?

It began and it will end just like everything else.

I began - and as far as I know I am flat and so it looks like I will never end - but I will fade out and nearly not be any longer in some trillion years. Or it will ... happen something else.

Damn - that's nearly, but not really, the anthem of my own universe. I forgot that my universe is a native Bavarian universe. In a translation of Maori it has just simple to trust and English it has to translate first. And my anthem is not in my universal Bavarian language - but in the modern standard German language. Somehow I'm a wrong Maori here. But fortunatelly will now follow here in the end the best traditional version of my own universal anthem, because the officially authorized version is the wrong private version from Dr. Franz Josef Strauß, who did not invent the Levi's. But another Bavarian did do so - or should I say he had been an Ashkenazim as the Swissman Albert Einstein also had been?

PS: Are you sure you are really part of the universe?

Last edited:
Blues Man

Oh by the way. I'm sure you are really part of the universe, although the universe seems to be confused and is for sure confusing. I trust in god, that's why I am sure you are a part of the universe, sister or brother by nature and/or by belief - or however you like to define yourselve by your own definitions - whether this has something to do with something else or not. I would say: Whatever the universe was in the beginning and whatever it will be in the end: I'm sure it makes sense, because god made it. And if it makes not any sense - why to speak about?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited:
Blues Man

Oh by the way. I'm sure you are really part of the universe, although the universe seems to be confused and is for sure confusing. I trust in god, that's why I am sure you are a part of the universe, sister or brother by nature and/or by belief - or however you like to define yourselve by your own definitions - whether this has something to do with something else or not. I would say: Whatever the universe was in the beginning and whatever it will be in the end: I'm sure it makes sense, because god made it.
So what?

The universe doesn't give a shit about you or me just like I don't really care how many intestinal cells I flush down the toilet with my morning bowel movements

If God can have existed without being created, then why can't matter?
Well, we know that the universe had a beginning and so, therefore, it has NOT always been in existence.

Something or someone OUTSIDE of this realm that we call "the universe" had to cause it, and everything in it, to come into existence.

And the fact that everything is so perfectly designed demonstrates that an intelligent being caused all of it as opposed to some "natural", chaotic event.

It's plainly obvious that we have a creator. Only the most delusional (or spiritually blinded) people look at all of this evidence and logic and claim anything else.
Well, we know that the universe had a beginning and so, therefore, it has NOT always been in existence.

It's plainly obvious that we have a creator. Only the most delusional (or spiritually blinded) people look at all of this evidence and logic and claim anything else.
the universe is eternal - bb is cyclical, you also need prove there has ever been a time matter or energy have not existed along with the metaphysical force(s) that shape their identity.

the creator is whatever suits your fancy which is rather abysmal by your choosing christianity for that purpose.

"Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

What is a foolish man?

"The fool hath said in his heart there is no God. - The Holy Bible

"Answer not a fool according to his folly lest thou be like unto him." - The Holy Bible

No matter what facts, no matter what evidence, what science, what compelling data and research you provide to Leftists/atheists, they will spin it, deny it, trivialize it, and completely refute it. So simply post an opening message for the good of thinking, rational people, and don't respond to lying atheists.
They're not worth your time and effort.

The effort necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude greater than the effort required to produce it. - Brandolini's Law

Further reading:
The Irrational Atheist by Vox Day and Illogical Atheism by Bo Jinn.

Excellent, persuasive books by former militant atheists.

The idea that he is a devotee of reason seeing through the outdated superstitions believed by less intelligent beings is the foremost conceit of the atheist. – page 7

… 72.9 percent of professors polled described the Bible as “an ancient book of fables, legends, history, and moral precepts,” compared to 17.5 percent of the general population. – page 15

… the High Church atheist’s undeveloped social skills are often so dramatic as to be reasonably described as a form of social autism. – page 16

Democrats are more than twice as likely to be someone who has dropped out of high school than to be an individual with a master’s degree. – page 19

Studies have shown that those without religion have life expectancies seven years shorter than the average churchgoer, are more likely to smoke, abuse alcohol and be depressed or obese, and they are much less likely to marry or have children. – page 20 (The Irrational Atheist)

---------------------------------
The atheist consequently finds himself committed to a set of logical contradictions; that he is free, except there is no such thing as freedom; that all men are basically good, though moral good itself is only useful fiction; and finally that his life has meaning in a universe that has none – or at least none that we can possibly know of at any rate. Modern atheism is… an abstract mess.- Line1950

In order to establish an explanation as the best, you do not have to have an explanation for the explanation. [That would necessitate explanations all the way down.] The universe has demonstrated that it requires an explanation. God has not. – 1989

“I just go one god further (in my atheism than do theists).” – Richard Dawkins, who finds this wordplay “an amusing strategy”. This is an example of the “fallacy of pluralism,” which is to say that since multiple representations of the same thing have been suggested, it follows that the very thing itself, therefore, does not exist. – 2019

Contemporary atheism does no resolve in the conclusion that God does not exist as much as it begins with it. – 2270

If the evidence from sociology is not powerful enough, we now have recent studies from the field of psychology which validate the ridiculousness of this fictional psychological pre-disposition to atheism. – 2385
(Illogical Atheism, Kindle Edition)
Democrats are more than twice as likely to be someone who has dropped out of high school than to be an individual with a master’s degree. – page 19
such a crime ... for the demented.
1623777048995.png

surly they should learn a lesson from the oop's and become a republican ...

...A mother who lost her baby needs not to know which evil god had done this. She needs to know that god loves her, although such a terrible thing did happen to her...

Maybe we're getting off track here. We like reality. Sure, sometimes bad things happen to good people but that makes reality even more interesting. Where are u on this, are u happy & do u enjoy living?

Of course I enjoy living. I have worked hard to improve myself and I have come to a place where I am at peace with myself and the world around me.

I don't need to think that the universe or a tree has to have some meaning to it's existence.

I don't even have to believe my life has meaning to the universe or even to most people in order to be grateful for my short time on in this world.
Thanks for clarifying.

My guess is that you and I have a lot in common w/ our belief systems, but did u notice that you responded w/ one sentence telling me what u DO believe & two sentences describing what you DO NOT believe? My hope is that this was because we're in a convo and u imagined that I wanted to know what you do not believe, but my fear is that you're letting your life be defined in terms of what you're not.

No chance of that is there?

````Atheists and Hitler.jpg

"Hitler was a Christian." - Atheist snark

No, Hitler was an atheist, like Sam Harris, like Richard Dawkins, like Vladimir Lenin and Chairman Mao and Pol Pot.

View attachment 501899

"Hitler was a Christian." - Atheist snark

No, Hitler was an atheist, like Sam Harris, like Richard Dawkins, like Vladimir Lenin and Chairman Mao and Pol Pot.
chemed has a real obsession for hitler ...
On Aug. 19, 1934, the German public voted 90 percent in favor of Chancellor Adolf Hitler becoming Führer und Reichskanzler ...
the christians loved hitler, the same as they love trump - they have an affinity for evil to persecute and victimize the innocent and will go to any lengths to have their way.

...A mother who lost her baby needs not to know which evil god had done this. She needs to know that god loves her, although such a terrible thing did happen to her...

Maybe we're getting off track here. We like reality. Sure, sometimes bad things happen to good people but that makes reality even more interesting. Where are u on this, are u happy & do u enjoy living?

Of course I enjoy living. I have worked hard to improve myself and I have come to a place where I am at peace with myself and the world around me.

I don't need to think that the universe or a tree has to have some meaning to it's existence.

I don't even have to believe my life has meaning to the universe or even to most people in order to be grateful for my short time on in this world.
Thanks for clarifying.

My guess is that you and I have a lot in common w/ our belief systems, but did u notice that you responded w/ one sentence telling me what u DO believe & two sentences describing what you DO NOT believe? My hope is that this was because we're in a convo and u imagined that I wanted to know what you do not believe, but my fear is that you're letting your life be defined in terms of what you're not.

Not really.

"Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

What is a foolish man?

"The fool hath said in his heart there is no God. - The Holy Bible

"Answer not a fool according to his folly lest thou be like unto him." - The Holy Bible

No matter what facts, no matter what evidence, what science, what compelling data and research you provide to Leftists/atheists, they will spin it, deny it, trivialize it, and completely refute it. So simply post an opening message for the good of thinking, rational people, and don't respond to lying atheists.
They're not worth your time and effort.

The effort necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude greater than the effort required to produce it. - Brandolini's Law

Further reading:
The Irrational Atheist by Vox Day and Illogical Atheism by Bo Jinn.

Excellent, persuasive books by former militant atheists.

The idea that he is a devotee of reason seeing through the outdated superstitions believed by less intelligent beings is the foremost conceit of the atheist. – page 7

… 72.9 percent of professors polled described the Bible as “an ancient book of fables, legends, history, and moral precepts,” compared to 17.5 percent of the general population. – page 15

… the High Church atheist’s undeveloped social skills are often so dramatic as to be reasonably described as a form of social autism. – page 16

Studies have shown that those without religion have life expectancies seven years shorter than the average churchgoer, are more likely to smoke, abuse alcohol and be depressed or obese, and they are much less likely to marry or have children. – page 20 (The Irrational Atheist)

---------------------------------
The atheist consequently finds himself committed to a set of logical contradictions; that he is free, except there is no such thing as freedom; that all men are basically good, though moral good itself is only useful fiction; and finally that his life has meaning in a universe that has none – or at least none that we can possibly know of at any rate. Modern atheism is… an abstract mess.- Line1950

In order to establish an explanation as the best, you do not have to have an explanation for the explanation. [That would necessitate explanations all the way down.] The universe has demonstrated that it requires an explanation. God has not. – 1989

“I just go one god further (in my atheism than do theists).” – Richard Dawkins, who finds this wordplay “an amusing strategy”. This is an example of the “fallacy of pluralism,” which is to say that since multiple representations of the same thing have been suggested, it follows that the very thing itself, therefore, does not exist. – 2019

Contemporary atheism does no resolve in the conclusion that God does not exist as much as it begins with it. – 2270

If the evidence from sociology is not powerful enough, we now have recent studies from the field of psychology which validate the ridiculousness of this fictional psychological pre-disposition to atheism. – 2385
(Illogical Atheism, Kindle Edition)
The thread premise is a lie – both idiotic and wrong; particularly given the fact that many rightists are free from religion.

I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.
- Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941

Perhaps the question we need to look at is the actual nature of this "creator"
I believe that God is a very loving being. But I also believe that he put us here in this not-so-loving environment so that we can learn about hate and evil. Not only do we have our own experiences, but we can also learn from the experiences of hers. Upon dying, I believe that we go through additional learning and "purifying" in order that we can enter into Heaven and be with God himself. Many Christians, however, do NOT believe that there is any purifying process.

I also believe that God intentionally makes it unclear to us if he even exists so that we can be free to be good or bad. After all, most people know how to act when all eyes are upon them. It's what people do in the dark, when they believe nobody is watching, that demonstrates if they are truly a good person, or not.
What you believe is personal and subjective – devoid of fact and objective, documented evidence.

The fact is that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists; religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, the result of thousands of years of human social, cultural, and political evolution.

It’s at this point that the theist will respond along the lines that “there’s no proof ‘god’ doesn’t exist and no proof that what I believe is wrong.”

This fails as a burden of proof fallacy.

Like the appeal to ignorance fallacy, the burden of proof fallacy fails because lack of proof that ‘god’ doesn’t exist doesn’t mean that it does, and it neither justifies nor validates what the theist believes.

Perhaps the question we need to look at is the actual nature of this "creator"
I believe that God is a very loving being. But I also believe that he put us here in this not-so-loving environment so that we can learn about hate and evil. Not only do we have our own experiences, but we can also learn from the experiences of hers. Upon dying, I believe that we go through additional learning and "purifying" in order that we can enter into Heaven and be with God himself. Many Christians, however, do NOT believe that there is any purifying process.

I also believe that God intentionally makes it unclear to us if he even exists so that we can be free to be good or bad. After all, most people know how to act when all eyes are upon them. It's what people do in the dark, when they believe nobody is watching, that demonstrates if they are truly a good person, or not.
What you believe is personal and subjective – devoid of fact and objective, documented evidence.

The fact is that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists; religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, the result of thousands of years of human social, cultural, and political evolution.

It’s at this point that the theist will respond along the lines that “there’s no proof ‘god’ doesn’t exist and no proof that what I believe is wrong.”

This fails as a burden of proof fallacy.

Like the appeal to ignorance fallacy, the burden of proof fallacy fails because lack of proof that ‘god’ doesn’t exist doesn’t mean that it does, and it neither justifies nor validates what the theist believes.
Please forgive as when I got to the part "What you believe is personal and subjective – devoid of fact and objective, documented evidence..." I had to stop & think about how (iirc) that I have not said much of what I believe here yet you seem to know all.

That leaves me w/ an infinite number of possibilities the first being you are an all knowing deity, the second that you are a moron, and the next few being somewhere in between. All that seems like a lot of work for me so please be patient while I sort thru all this.

Thanks for clarifying.

Not really.
Huh, more negativism.

On your positive side you've said "...improve myself and I have come to a place where I am at peace with myself and the world around..." and I can very much tune into that, but one difference I got is my consideration for others. Do u value the existance of others in your reality?

Thanks for clarifying.

Not really.
Huh, more negativism.

On your positive side you've said "...improve myself and I have come to a place where I am at peace with myself and the world around..." and I can very much tune into that, but one difference I got is my consideration for others. Do u value the existance of others in your reality?
Of course.

That path I walk is one of compassion for all living beings and respect for the natural world and of gratitude that these beings are part of the world of which I am fortunate to be a part of.

I describe the life I am attempting to live as cruelty free.

I don't dwell on what I am not or what i don't believe even if I do make those statements sometimes. The forum here isn't really comparable to real life interactions and I think sometimes nuance gets lost in the literal

Thanks for clarifying.

Not really.
Huh, more negativism.

Of course.

That path I walk is one of compassion for all living beings and respect for the natural world and of gratitude that these beings are part of the world of which I am fortunate to be a part of.

I don't dwell on what I am not or what i don't believe even if I do make those statements sometimes. The forum here isn't really comparable to real life interactions and I think sometimes nuance gets lost in the literal
whoa, what an amazing day, sorry I'm slow here but I'm back now; at any rate it sounds like we're 100% in agreement on everything so far here.

There seems to be a fuss going on here about "meaning" in things. I've never been too sure about just what that's supposed to be, tho in my experiance everyone seems to think its so important. Like, not only the churches but even the atheist group The Humanists made a big thing about finding "meaning". My take on that is that if it's so important to them then maybe they're thinking of something that I've already solved or they're into something that I haven't gotten to yet, so either way we got a situation where they're ok with it & I'm ok w/o it.

What's ur take?

Thanks for clarifying.

Not really.
Huh, more negativism.

Of course.

whoa, what an amazing day, sorry I'm slow here but I'm back now; at any rate it sounds like we're 100% in agreement on everything so far here.

There seems to be a fuss going on here about "meaning" in things. I've never been too sure about just what that's supposed to be, tho in my experiance everyone seems to think its so important. Like, not only the churches but even the atheist group The Humanists made a big thing about finding "meaning". My take on that is that if it's so important to them then maybe they're thinking of something that I've already solved or they're into something that I haven't gotten to yet, so either way we got a situation where they're ok with it & I'm ok w/o it.

What's ur take?
Most people seek meaning from external sources.

I tend to agree with Buddhists that everything we need to deal with problems and to create meaning for ourselves is already within us.

Thanks for clarifying.

Not really.
Huh, more negativism.

Of course.

What's ur take?
Most people seek meaning from external sources.

I tend to agree with Buddhists that everything we need to deal with problems and to create meaning for ourselves is already within us.
That's what I was interested in, the idea the Buddhists have of devotion in prayer yet an unwillingness to talk about God Himself beyond the Divinity within ourselves. Truly an honest, realistic, and respectful approach. Of course there are many disciplines (aka denominations) of Buddhism yet the common thread is distinct.

But w/ regard to what we were talking about, if what we got isn't "meaning" imho it'll do until some other "meaning" comes along.

Forum List

Back