"Debris Field" found near the Titanic wreck site.

There is no doubt that they signed waivers before boarding this casket.
No doubt it was explained just what the risks were.
Not sure how it will hold up in a court of law.
I'll tell you how it will hold up.. not at all. Unless these people expressly agreed to die someone is responsible for what happened. I don't know if any of those men had engineering backgrounds but it doesn't take more than 60 seconds on a handheld calculator to understand the enormity of the risk diving at depths like that. Hell I don't even think the Navy goes that deep for good reason. The vessel was apparently poorly constructed and never should have been used for anything until it was first tested which I understand it was not. How the hell did this guy even get a permit to operate without such testing? If anyone had told them that they would be underneath 122,000 tons of pressure once they reach the bottom I seriously doubt whether or not any of them would have got on board. This is only 2 miles deep imagine what the pressure is 7 miles deep?

What was your maximum diving depth?

What could say was "In excess of 400 feet". Which is ridiculously low.

When the USS Scorpion (SSN-589) sank in the 1960s, they figured out her hull crushed at around 2,000 feet.

Last edited:
well, we probably could... I think their death was over in seconds?

I'm not sure what happens when the pressure goes.. I mean, does this mean something made the vessel blow up? I don't get it yet...
Their death would be in a fraction of a second.

At the briefing, someone said the last word from the craft was that there was a minor problem, that was followed and that the problem was worse but manageable. Then crackling, then static ever since.

Even if they were "only" 2,000 feet down, an implosion would be instantaneous. Sometimes on those crafts, a leak will start at a certain depth, and going deeper seals the leak. UNLESS it is a microscopic failure of the pressurized hull. At that depth, each person was crushed into a sort of jelly with bones.

Their death would be in a fraction of a second.

At the briefing, someone said the last word from the craft was that there was a minor problem, that was followed and that the problem was worse but manageable. Then crackling, then static ever since.

Even if they were "only" 2,000 feet down, an implosion would be instantaneous. Sometimes on those crafts, a leak will start at a certain depth, and going deeper seals the leak. UNLESS it is a microscopic failure of the pressurized hull. At that depth, each person was crushed into a sort of jelly with bones.
Yeah they never knew what happened. The speed of that pressurized fluid would be unimaginable. Once a small crack opened up I'm sure it was no more than half a second before everything was gone.

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about? Everyone was hoping for the best, including him.
"I was hoping that the mini sub just imploded rather than being a 4 day torture chamber for these 5 people."

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS STATEMENT?

Explain that to Sergeant BIll, he doesn't get it.
"I was hoping that the mini sub just imploded rather than being a 4 day torture chamber for these 5 people."

I was hoping that they would be saved.

WTF are you talking about? Everyone was hoping for the best, including him.
This man never pressure tested his his vessel. This is more or less like playing Russian roulette. I'm not sure who engineered that thing but the enormous pressure present on the sea floor at 2 miles should require a full structural testing after each dive. Prior to this most recent dive I can guarantee you that a non-destructive scan of the hull structure would have revealed micro cracks that were no doubt present. On a unibody structure like that you cannot repair a micro crack you have to scrap the entire structure and start over. If the walls on that sub were anything less than 24 in thick whoever designed it was an idiot.

I was hoping that they would be saved.

Gosh. I sure wish we could all be as perfectly wonderful as you!

Get a grip and drop that purse of sanctimonious horseshit you're flinging around.

Aw man. i was watching this discussion with James Cameron about the implosion and he said that it had sensors inside the carbon fiber hull that let them know when it was starting to crack.

So they did know it was coming.

It was still instant death when the actual implosion happened, obviously, but the sensor did let em know. So they started to come back up but didn't make it in time.

7:50 mark...

This man never pressure tested his his vessel. This is more or less like playing Russian roulette. I'm not sure who engineered that thing but the enormous pressure present on the sea floor at 2 miles should require a full structural testing after each dive. Prior to this most recent dive I can guarantee you that a non-destructive scan of the hull structure would have revealed micro cracks that were no doubt present. On a unibody structure like that you cannot repair a micro crack you have to scrap the entire structure and start over. If the walls on that sub were anything less than 24 in thick whoever designed it was an idiot.

Yep. It's the same way with carbon fiber air tanks. After awhile they can be a small bomb.

Aw man. i was watching this discussion with James Cameron about the implosion and he said that it had sensors inside the carbon fiber hull that let them know when it was starting to crack.

So they did know it was coming.

It was still instant death when the actual implosion happened, obviously, but the sensor did let em know. So they started to come back up but didn't make it in time.

7:50 mark...

cameron took the russian subs down...not the oceangate one

If the Libtard running the company had listened to this 53 year old White guy he would be alive now.

Screen_Shot_2023-06-22_at_3_28_56_PM-2860413.png

Forum List

Back