"Debris Field" found near the Titanic wreck site.

They had no idea it happened.

So, then, just to clarify, they did not know the implosion happened when it actually happened. That's how fast it happened when it finally imploded.

But they knew it was coming when the sensors told em the hull was cracking under pressure.

That sucks...

Last edited:
no one wished death on anyone...just wanting the death to be fast and painless

according to hubby who knows it all.....take 1.4 sec for pain to reach the brain....the implosion most likely was just under that
The implosion was probably a 10th of a second... Once the weakness in the vessel structure started to move The exponential rate of decay under that kind of pressure would be lightning quick.

So, then, just to clarify, they did not know the implosion happened whe nit actually happened. That;s how fast it hapened when it finally imploded.

But they knew it was coming when the sensors told em the hull was cracking under pressure.
Yeah probably but I don't understand is why they didn't immediately surface unless they tried to and just didn't make it.

cameron took the russian subs down...not the oceangate one

Yeah, I know. He actually talked about that in the discussion. Particularly the technology.

But he's in that very small community. These people all know each other. He warned that this was going to happen to that sub.

Which, btw, included writing letters to so-called authorities on the topic.

So I'd expect some sort of regulation to come along, largely influenced by the big shots like Cameron.

These are also very competitive people, but they're all in the same clique. Basically. They know what each other are doing and what they're building.

Last edited:
This man never pressure tested his his vessel. This is more or less like playing Russian roulette. I'm not sure who engineered that thing but the enormous pressure present on the sea floor at 2 miles should require a full structural testing after each dive. Prior to this most recent dive I can guarantee you that a non-destructive scan of the hull structure would have revealed micro cracks that were no doubt present. On a unibody structure like that you cannot repair a micro crack you have to scrap the entire structure and start over. If the walls on that sub were anything less than 24 in thick whoever designed it was an idiot.

I read an article that the owner of the company did not want to hire 50 year old men. He wanted younger people who would inspire 16 year olds.

no one wished death on anyone...just wanting the death to be fast and painless

according to hubby who knows it all.....take 1.4 sec for pain to reach the brain....the implosion most likely was just under that
why didn't they wash their hair the night before?
Because they were going to be Head and Shoulders by the time the ride was over. :rolleyes:

I read an article that the owner of the company did not want to hire 50 year old men. He wanted younger people who would inspire 16 year olds.
As a pilot he had to have some basic background in engineering. I'm sure in the back of his mind he knew he was taking a great risk. Someone mentioned that these were international waters and so they were unregulated. He never would have been able to get a diving permit inside of some regulated area without having shown recent inspection reports after each dive.

If they were leaning toward being libertarians they would be opposed to regulations and certification. The ridiculous political mindset comes back to bite every time.

One of them definitely was a Globalist and a member of the WEF, so no tears shed there.

"...he is a member of the Global Advisory Board for Prince Charles’ Charity, Prince’s Trust International."

Shahzada Dawood

cY0jYCRsyxRW.jpeg

This man never pressure tested his his vessel. This is more or less like playing Russian roulette. I'm not sure who engineered that thing but the enormous pressure present on the sea floor at 2 miles should require a full structural testing after each dive. Prior to this most recent dive I can guarantee you that a non-destructive scan of the hull structure would have revealed micro cracks that were no doubt present. On a unibody structure like that you cannot repair a micro crack you have to scrap the entire structure and start over. If the walls on that sub were anything less than 24 in thick whoever designed it was an idiot.
I understand that the hull was carbon fiber. Some experts say that was not a good choice because it can be brittle. As you said, an inspection before the dive could have detected any micro cracks, etc.

Yeah, I know. He actually talkied about that in the discussion. Particularly the technology.

But he's in that very small community. These people all know each other. He warned that this was going to happen to that sub.

Which, btw, included writing letters to so-called authorities on the topic.

So I'd expect some sort of regulation to come along, largely influenced by the big shots like Cameron.

These are also very competitive people, but they're all in the same clique. Basically. They know what each other are doing and what they're building.
This is a perfect example of why this type of industry needs regulation. This is what happens when you leave it up to somebody's greed.... I can get one more dive! I can get one more dive! I know I can... before I have to repair the ship.

I understand that the hull was carbon fiber. Some experts say that was not a good choice because it can be brittle. As you said, an inspection before the dive could have detected any micro cracks, etc.
There should have been an inspection after every dive...

Should have been mandatory.

With the massive of amount of pressure applied to that structure there had to be some internal flexing of the hull. With each flex the motion crystallizes the microstructures and embrittles them preparing them to separate from each other on a molecular scale. This is why they are called micro cracks and they are detectable with the right kind of inspection.

Everyone was hoping they would be saved.

The discussion is whether they died in an implosion or from suffocation.
Yeah I don't think they ever hit oxygen shortage. From the account that I read they were gone seconds after they made the announcement of the problems they were having.

I’m mystified that people spend big money on stuff like this.

Dangerous, expensive, ostentatious

I’m mystified that people spend big money on stuff like this.

Dangerous, expensive, ostentatious
The passengers bear some responsibility for their own demise. If somebody heated up a 500 lb cannonball red hot and said: " here catch!"..
Your common sense would tell you to do otherwise. In this case the 500 lb Red Hot cannonball was hidden behind the failed engineering of the hull structure. Either these people chose to ignore the danger or somebody lied to them.

Forum List

Back