Debt ceiling fight

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
The democrats all claim that using the debt ceiling to get cuts in spending shouldnt happen that the bill should be "clean" and that they will discuss cuts after that. That is the biggest con job and lie there is. Without the leverage of the debt ceiling the dems will NEVER cut spending, not ever. The republicans should stick to the threat and force the dems to deal.

I disagree with the OP.. First, the Republicans were able to pass a clean bill raising the debt ceiling three times under Trump despite massive increases. What gives?

The debt is to pay our bills already incurred and raising it should never be a point of debate or negotiation. That belongs in the budget process not here.

Their massive wish list is ridiculous, considering they had no issue with increasing our debt under Trump. The only this indicates is that they are pissed Biden managed to pass a major piece of legislation and they can’t repeal it and don’t have enough power to have their way in the normal budget process. So they are holding the nation hostage instead of working within the budgetary process.

I disagree with the OP.. First, the Republicans were able to pass a clean bill raising the debt ceiling three times under Trump despite massive increases. What gives?

The debt is to pay our bills already incurred and raising it should never be a point of debate or negotiation. That belongs in the budget process not here.

Their massive wish list is ridiculous, considering they had no issue with increasing our debt under Trump. The only this indicates is that they are pissed Biden managed to pass a major piece of legislation and they can’t repeal it and don’t have enough power to have their way in the normal budget process. So they are holding the nation hostage instead of working within the budgetary process.
So?

Bring the Bill to the Senate floor for a vote, if it fails then go into reconciliation.

That should have happened the day after the Bill went to the Senate instead of all this fucking around.

If you think McCarthy is going to pull the Bill you got another think coming to ya.

At best you might get a one month extension but that will only happen after the Senate acts.

I don't believe Chucky thinks he has the votes to stop it as there are a lot of dems that have to defend their seats in '24 and they would rather this be well behind them.

Also I don't think the dems are going to get the free pass they are used to by the MSM either. That WaPo/ABC poll was a shot across their bow.

Is there something being done that is illegal?

The debt is to pay for this bullshit debt we willingly created last year using this absurd reasoning, and we will then create next year's round of "bills" to "address". Don't want to "default"? Fine, we will stop social security, lock you out of the national parks, suspend ssi and welfare, kill the unemployment until you "agree" with us. Both so called parties, right out of the Soprano's textbook. Not a thing you can do about it either, and the bullshit wars, trillions spent on crime, and tribute to the UN will continue seamlessly.

So?

Bring the Bill to the Senate floor for a vote, if it fails then go into reconciliation.

That should have happened the day after the Bill went to the Senate instead of all this fucking around.

If you think McCarthy is going to pull the Bill you got another think coming to ya.

At best you might get a one month extension but that will only happen after the Senate acts.

I don't believe Chucky thinks he has the votes to stop it as there are a lot of dems that have to defend their seats in '24 and they would rather this be well behind them.

Also I don't think the dems are going to get the free pass they are used to by the MSM either. That WaPo/ABC poll was a shot across their bow.
Bills go to reconciliation when two versions of it have passed you moron. Learn how government works

The democrats all claim that using the debt ceiling to get cuts in spending shouldnt happen that the bill should be "clean" and that they will discuss cuts after that. That is the biggest con job and lie there is. Without the leverage of the debt ceiling the dems will NEVER cut spending, not ever. The republicans should stick to the threat and force the dems to deal.
Nothing prevents the republicans from holding up the actual budget for NEXT year. You know, the one they didnt already vote for and approve and sign and spend and promise to pay for?

It’s all kabuki theater, GOPers will fold like origami, they always do.
1683636320095.jpeg

The debt is to pay our bills already incurred and raising it should never be a point of debate or negotiation.
A debt ceiling is a limit on borrowing. It should not be raised simply because you would like to ignore it.

Budget process? :auiqs.jpg:

So?

Doubtfull. The Republican antics last time downgraded our rating, and that cost. People are sick and tired of the constant Republican brinkmanship here.

It's enlightening to read what polls show in relation to both raising it, who to blame and on spending cuts.

Why did the GOP not add in spending cuts the three times they raised the ceiling under Trump?

A debt ceiling is a limit on borrowing. It should not be raised simply because you would like to ignore it.
The debt is raising the limit pay to pay bills we already incurred. This crap should get ironed out in the budget process.

Forum List

Back