Debunking another new atheist's baby talk on Youtube

You're angry and emotive, unless your hurling of the "moron" label was a term of endearment.
It was more a term of descriptive accuracy based on your habit of continuously asserting my position on religion vs. God in an erroneous and untruthful way, as your next point shows.

Take a look and see for yourself the percentages of people who call Hinduism and Buddhism their religion. So yes, large swaths of the planet don't believe in your gods.
As per my previous comment.

I assume your non-response was a drop ten and punt.
It was an appropriate non response given your
presumptive and dishonest comment.

Here's some advise. When you post on a public message board, you should assume others will read your comments and not everyone will agree with your opinions.
I don't mind disagreement in good faith.
Your posts are devoid of good faith, however.

When you insist with 100% certainty, (supported by 0% facts), that your partisan gods are true to the exclusion of claims by others of their gods, don't get angry and emotive when people challenge such specious opinions.
I've never made that claim. All religions say lots of things I don't feel the need to contradict.
It's not my place and no one would listen anyway. I only claim that God is self evident due to the universe and
all the laws and regulating principles contained therein.
The universe did not come out of a cereal box, as I have said and everything made has a maker.
That is also self evident.

If you're not emotionally and intellectually prepared to defend a claim that you make while offering zero supportable evidence for same you willingly post, consider not participating.
I'm sure you have something in mind here. I don't have a clue what that could be.
I've made one consistent claim and defended it consistently.

Hollie has no answer to ding’s argument.
What did you expect?

If she had any answers she wouldnt be an....whatever she is, lol.
A militant atheist? Is that the word you were looking for?

She’s also Jewish.
So she inherited one of the best religious faith system s in the world and rejected it?

Or can you still be Jewish and not believe in God? Someone told me that you can still be considered Jewish of you dont believe in God because of the ethnic dimension of bheing Jewish.

You're angry and emotive, unless your hurling of the "moron" label was a term of endearment.
It was more a term of descriptive accuracy based on your habit of continuously asserting my position on religion vs. God in an erroneous and untruthful way, as your next point shows.

Take a look and see for yourself the percentages of people who call Hinduism and Buddhism their religion. So yes, large swaths of the planet don't believe in your gods.

I assume your non-response was a drop ten and punt.
It was an appropriate non response given your
presumptive and dishonest comment.

Here's some advise. When you post on a public message board, you should assume others will read your comments and not everyone will agree with your opinions.
I don't mind disagreement in good faith.
Your posts are devoid of good faith, however.

When you insist with 100% certainty, (supported by 0% facts), that your partisan gods are true to the exclusion of claims by others of their gods, don't get angry and emotive when people challenge such specious opinions.
I've never made that claim. All religions say lots of things I don't feel the need to contradict.
It's not my place and no one would listen anyway. I only claim that God is self evident due to the universe and
all the laws and regulating principles contained therein.
The universe did not come out of a cereal box, as I have said and everything made has a maker.
That is also self evident.

If you're not emotionally and intellectually prepared to defend a claim that you make while offering zero supportable evidence for same you willingly post, consider not participating.
I'm sure you have something in mind here. I don't have a clue what that could be.
I've made one consistent claim and defended it consistently.

If everything has a maker, who are the makers of your gods?

Or, should I expect special pleading.

Hindus do in fact believe in a Creator (Brahmin), while Buddhists take a pass and say it doesnt really matter.

And Christians do not believe in 'gods'.

We believe in a Creator, not some village idol.

Don't you get it?!?!

Nothing can come from nothing. Except God. And except for everything in the universe, as god made it from nothing.

So, other than everything there is, nothing can come from nothing.

Duh.

What did you expect?

She’s also Jewish.
So she inherited one of the best religious faith system s in the world and rejected it?

Or can you still be Jewish and not believe in God? Someone told me that you can still be considered Jewish of you dont believe in God because of the ethnic dimension of bheing Jewish.

I’m not Jewish. However I can convert if you thumpers need more reasons to obsess over me,

You thumpers do come across as rather, how shall we say, creepy, with your posts all about me.

What did you expect?

She’s also Jewish.

Yep but it’s even worse than that. She argues against God. She tries to convince others that they are wrong to believe in God. That they shouldn’t believe in God.

Apparently a large portion of Jews are atheists. They just aren’t militant nut jobs like Hollie.

Don't you get it?!?!

Nothing can come from nothing. Except God. And except for everything in the universe, as god made it from nothing.

Duh.

I always forget the answer to the nothing can come from nothing, question is “but... but... but... but... but...

What did you expect?

She’s also Jewish.

I’m not Jewish. However I can convert if you thumpers need more reasons to obsess over me,

You thumpers do come across as rather, how shall we say, creepy, with your posts all about me.
Apparently lying is Ok for Jews.

Sounds like a Middle East thing.

Don't you get it?!?!

Duh.

I always forget the answer to the nothing can come from nothing, question is “but... but... but... but... but...
The answer is Spirit is no thing.

What did you expect?

She’s also Jewish.

Ah, so you lie a lot, but it's not okay. I guess that makes it okay. In the convoluted mind of a ding.

What did you expect?

She’s also Jewish.

Ah, so you lie a lot, but it's not okay. I guess that makes it okay. In the convoluted mind of a ding.
Nope. Not me.

That’s Hollie and your ilk. You aren’t as overt about it as she is but you lie every time you intentionally misstate someone else’s position and intentionally misrepresent scripture.

It’s what you do.

Don't you get it?!?!

Duh.
You know I’m available to debate my position with you anytime you want.

I would have thought by now you would have been able to mount some kind of an intelligent rebuttal but as of yet it’s just been side comments with no weight.

But I will be more than happy to shove my foot all the way up your ass if you like.

Special pleading is considered a fallacy and it might be were it not for a supreme being like God as the issue.

Surely even someone with your limited grasp of things cannot expect God to be governed by the same rules and principles that control someone as dismally ordinary as you seem to be.

Special pleading is considered a fallacy and it might be were it not for a supreme being like God as the issue.

Surely even someone with your limited grasp of things cannot expect God to be governed by the same rules and principles that control someone as dismally ordinary as you seem to be.

I keep asking for some evidence of these gods you refer to but I’m left with “.... because I say so” as the usual sidestep.

“Shirley”, as long as the thumper‘s "objectivity" remains biased towards a predisposed conclusion (i.e., that a faith in the gods goes unquestioned), one cannot ever view the issue in a nonpartisan way. Evidence really is meaningless to this paradigm because claims to the gods nullifies actual proofs-- a convenient loophole of angry thumpers.

Unfortunately, thumpers having their own subjective attributes for their gods has been the prime antecedent of 2,000 years of odd rituals, human and animal sacrifice, deistic moral codes, cathedral building, sectarian strife, chants, burning witches at the stake, magic beads, smelly incense, golden icons, prayers of petition, public stoning, plastic effigies on dashboards, blind worship of an arbitrarily compiled and dubiously translated book, and lots of guys sporting big funny hats!

"I think it's comical when the thumpers console each other," Hollie muttered bitterly.

"Yes, yes, go on, Hollie," Dr. Spot encourage as Hollie vent her spleen.

Hollie balled up her fist and shook it at heaven. "You thumpers are all creeps, talking about me, calling me Jewish."

"We're all here for you, Hollie," Dr. Spot assured her.

Hollie took another pull on her crack pipe and cackled at the sky . . . then, suddenly, a cloud of sheer madness passed over her features leaving behind a scowl of such rage the veins in her forehead stood out and throbbed. "You sons of bitches," she spit out as she leapt to her feet from the couch. "You talk about evidence, loopholes, paradigms. . . ."

Dr. Spot filled a fresh syringe with a sedative.

She accusingly pointed her finger at Dr. Spot. "Look at yourself," she said contemptuously. "How dare you steal my childhood, my life? How dare you talk of gods and rituals and codes? How dare you build churches?"

The look in her eyes was now wild and feverish. The moment of rage had passed. It was still the look of one as mad as a hatter . . . but the angry scowl had faded. She looked about the room . . . at everything and seemingly at nothing at all at the same time.

"Where are you?" Dr Spot asked her soothingly

"I should be outside somewhere, not here talking about these things," Hollie whined. "I should be dancing with the daisies, singing Barry Manilow tunes, painting flowers on my face and talking to the fairies."

Then just as suddenly as it came and went, the storm of rage was back again! "Instead, I'm here with you talking about sectarian strife and chants and magic beads and incense," she babbled incoherently.

Spot reached for the straitjacket beneath his chair.

"Bastards!" Hollie exclaimed. "Icons, prayers, effigies, worship . . . a pox on your gods!"'

Last edited:

Forum List

Back