December 7th Never Forget

if you kill then you've violated the commandments. then it becomes a problem between you, God and man.

“When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations…then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them and show them no mercy.” (Deuteronomy 7:1-2)

“…do not leave alive anything that breaths. Completely destroy them…as the Lord your God has commanded you…” Deuteronomy 20:16

“This is what the Lord Almighty says… ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

Joshua got the command straight from God.
If you believe the Bible.
And, apparently, you do.

Fact remains: You win wars by killing people and breaking things.
That's not going to change.
I believe in quite a few religious texts. And I don't believe Joshua was visited direct by God. He in his mind was fulfilling prophecy.

Why, specifically, do you believe Abraham and Moses, but not Joshua?
I believe there have been true men of God in many different religions but any MAN who tells me to go against God's explicit instruction isn't a man of God.

I believe there have been true men of God in many different religions but any MAN who tells me to go against God's explicit instruction isn't a man of God.
OK...
Why, specifically, do you believe Abraham and Moses, but not Joshua?
To argue that Joshua is not a man of God because he broke His commandmens necesssisates you believe Moses actually received His commandments from God.
That is, you believe Joshua is lying and Moses is not.
How do you know?

God commanded those people to wage war.
Thus
God commanded those people to break His commandments.
How does that square?
No Joshua told the jews that God told HIM to do it. it's the same problems we still have in religion people trying to speak FOR god.

context of the writings in the Bible. It is claimed that God himself talked to Moses directly.
And to Joshua. Directly..

To argue that Joshua is not a man of God because he broke His commandments necessitates you believe Moses actually received His commandments from God.
How do you know?

And to Joshua. Directly..

To argue that Joshua is not a man of God because he broke His commandments necessitates you believe Moses actually received His commandments from God.
How do you know?
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

And there we have it: "Some" dead civilians are acceptable.
Do you know why the west - primarily the US - developed "smart" munitions?
2 main reasons.
Care to guess?
No such thing. Don't be so gullible. The weapons are no smarter than the human operating them.

According to Moses.
Joshua said God commanded him to wage war.
You believe Joshua is lying and Moses is not.
How do you know?
Joshua SAID ..
Isn't that how televangelist make money to this day? God said to me buy me a jet.
Moses on the other hand supposedly talked to God directly. I know the stories, was I there ? No

Forum List

Back