December's labor numbers released

Just out, looks good to me.

Payroll employment increases by 312,000 in December; unemployment rate rises to 3.9%
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 312,000 in December, and the unemployment rate rose to 3.9 percent. Job gains occurred in health care, food services and drinking places, construction, manufacturing, and retail trade.

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Must be because Trump is a lousy POTUS. At least that's what the lefty loons say.

Where I live we have buildings going up all over. Must be that pesky lousy economy and our "lousy" President.

Yes, the economy, under Trump is THIS STRONG!

The numbers: The U.S. gained 312,000 new jobs in December, capping off the biggest increase in hiring in three years and showing the economy still has plenty of staying power despite growing worries about a slowdown.

The surge in hiring was the largest since February. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had forecast a 182,000 increase.

U.S. gains 312,000 jobs in 10-month high that shattered Wall Street forecasts

JOB GROWTH SURGES BY 312,000 IN DECEMBER

• Nonfarm payrolls surged by 312,000 in December. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting payroll growth of just 176,000.
  • Wages jumped 3.2 percent from a year ago and 0.4 percent over the previous month. The year-over-year increase is tied with October for the best since April 2009.
  • The unemployment rate rose to 3.9 percent as more workers joined the labor force

:clap:

The Fed has ammo to raise rates, but the market seems to think they won't. I hope the Fed takes a few quarters to see how the unwinding their balance sheet goes. Their last rate hike sent the stock market into a tailspin, and they can't afford to do that again or they'll create another recession. Here's hoping for a soft landing...
The Fed is still tweaking its balance sheet unwind

So much winning... the unemployment rate is so low that soon even leftists will have to start participating in the winning and get a job.

• Nonfarm payrolls surged by 312,000 in December. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting payroll growth of just 176,000.
  • Wages jumped 3.2 percent from a year ago and 0.4 percent over the previous month. The year-over-year increase is tied with October for the best since April 2009.
  • The unemployment rate rose to 3.9 percent as more workers joined the labor force

:clap:

Good news indeed!

There is one thing we absolutely know for sure about this number. It’s wrong! Probably not significantly, but it will absolutely be revised. They always are. The interesting thing about this strong number is the market looks to be up strong at the open. These are interesting times...

Payroll employment increases by 312,000 in December; unemployment rate rises to 3.9%
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 312,000 in December, and the unemployment rate rose to 3.9 percent. Job gains occurred in health care, food services and drinking places, construction, manufacturing, and retail trade.

/----/ This is exactly why democRATs want to impeach Trump. Every day he exposes the failures of the corrupt democRAT party and Obozo.

Now that all the Trump trumpeters have patted the president on the back because of this strong jobs number, I’d like to remind you all, the president can’t move the economy as much as you like (or pretend) to think. And if you all are going to give him credit for the economy now, be prepared to have him accept the blame for the recession coming now the pike.

Now that all the Trump trumpeters have patted the president on the back because of this strong jobs number, I’d like to remind you all, the president can’t move the economy as much as you like (or pretend) to think. And if you all are going to give him credit for the economy now, be prepared to have him accept the blame for the recession coming now the pike.

Generally I'd agree with that but I was in favor of Trump's cut in corporate taxes and believe we're seeing its effect.

Generally I'd agree with that but I was in favor of Trump's cut in corporate taxes and believe we're seeing its effect.

That and getting rid of regulations that stifle growth.

Wage growth up too....3.2%....

Thank you President Trump, you took the shackles off of our business community, you have pushed for energy independence, and apparently, your tarrif policy, a temporary policy, is starting to work against China.......you want free trade, but you also want the other countries to have fair trade....

Thank you President Trump.....

Forum List

Back