Declared Pandemic

The WHO has now declared the virus a pandemic.

For all those who didn't take it seriously, you really should start.

For all those who screamed that democrats want Americans to die simply because they are taking this seriously and trying to stop the spread, stop it. You all know that's a lie. It's not helping anything.

Coronavirus Live Updates: W.H.O. Declares Pandemic as Number of Infected Countries Grows
FOR ALL THOSE WHO DIDN'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY....

HMM,...

Jan. 9th

According to Chinese authorities, the virus in question can cause severe illness in some patients and does not transmit readily between people.

WHO does not recommend any specific measures for travellers. WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the information currently available.

WHO Statement Regarding Cluster of Pneumonia Cases in Wuhan, China

Feb 11

BEIJING (AP) — Health authorities in a central Chinese city on Saturday reported the country’s first death from a new type of coronavirus, as the government braced for the Lunar New Year travel boom amid concerns over a possible outbreak similar to that of the SARS virus in the early 2000s.

The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission said seven other people were in critical condition among a total of 41 who were suffering from pneumonia caused by a “preliminarily determined new type of coronavirus” as of Friday. That was down from the earlier figure of 59. The others were in stable condition and at least two had been released from a hospital.

China reports 1st death from new type of coronavirus

LIE

We report here a cohort of 41 patients with laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infection. Patients had serious, sometimes fatal, pneumonia and were admitted to the designated hospital in Wuhan, China, by Jan 2, 2020. Clinical presentations greatly resemble SARS-CoV. Patients with severe illness developed ARDS and required ICU admission and oxygen therapy. The time between hospital admission and ARDS was as short as 2 days. At this stage, the mortality rate is high for 2019-nCoV, because six (15%) of 41 patients in this cohort died.

The number of deaths is rising quickly. As of Jan 24, 2020, 835 laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infections were reported in China, with 25 fatal cases. Reports have been released of exported cases in many provinces in China, and in other countries; some health-care workers have also been infected in Wuhan. Taken together, evidence so far indicates human transmission for 2019-nCoV. We are concerned that 2019-nCoV could have acquired the ability for efficient human transmission.
19 Airborne precautions, such as a fit-tested N95 respirator, and other personal protective equipment are strongly recommended.

Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China

World health officials hesitated Wednesday to designate an outbreak of a flu-like coronavirus that’s killed at least 17 people as a global emergency, trying to contain the fast-spreading illness without unnecessarily spooking global trade

Deaths from China’s new virus rose to 17 on Wednesday with 571 confirmed cases so far,

WHO officials try to contain China coronavirus — as well as public fears — as outbreak spreads

The Chinese government has accused the US of causing "panic" in its response to the deadly coronavirus outbreak.

It follows the US decision to declare a public health emergency and deny entry to foreign nationals who had visited China in the past two weeks.

Coronavirus: China accuses US of causing panic and 'spreading fear'

SARS-CoV-2 is an appropriate name for the new coronavirus

Epidemic/pandemic. As Bill Murray would say, It just doesn't matter.

It's not helping anything.

I agree. The who is a worthless corrupt organization. We should stop funding them.

I agree. They're the World Health Organization, but the world doesn't seem to be getting any healthier. They only had one job, and they failed at it.
The WHO has a lot of jobs and you would know that if you knew how to use Google. Gomer Bush knew how to use 'The Googles". Are you dumber than him? Perhaps it wasn`t a good time for Trump to pull $250 million from them. Be honest, 2 weeks ago you thought the WHO was a British rock band.
https://www.afro.who.int/sites/default/files/2018-08/Success Stories Final - English.pdf

I agree. The who is a worthless corrupt organization. We should stop funding them.

Just to be clear, what possible corrupt intention is being furthered by declaring a pandemic? Who do you think is being cheated by the anouncement, and to what end?

One of the differences between conservatives and the rest of the population is that if this was happening when a democrat was president, those conservatives would not say the WHO is a worthless and corrupt organization that we should stop funding. They would be agreeing with the WHO and blaming the democratic president. The rest of us would be agreeing with the WHO and doing all we can to combat the virus.

Since we have a republican as president, conservatives do what the grampa person did. Which will guarantee that the virus continues to run rampant and kill more people.

The WHO has now declared the virus a pandemic.

For all those who didn't take it seriously, you really should start.

For all those who screamed that democrats want Americans to die simply because they are taking this seriously and trying to stop the spread, stop it. You all know that's a lie. It's not helping anything.

Coronavirus Live Updates: W.H.O. Declares Pandemic as Number of Infected Countries Grows

Who is not taking it seriously? It doesn’t mean we have to panic like jackasses or start blaming the government for everything.

Yes, as the link I posted in the OP says, the WHO has declared this virus a pandemic.

It's in 100 nations now.

Please read the link.

If you don't like the links I provided here's a different one.

If you don't like that one do a search. You will get the same results.

I'm actually a really big fan of thinning out the population. Heck, just the other day I was reading something about that hole in the ozone starting to repair.

Selling arms to Saudi Arabia and diverting funding for a StupidFuckingWall are real emergencies. Don't bother Orange Julius with a virus.

Just to be clear, what possible corrupt intention is being furthered by declaring a pandemic? Who do you think is being cheated by the anouncement, and to what end?

I'm really surprised anyone is asking that question at this point. Fear / panic is a huge tool used by governments and powers, who use it for their advantage. They openly admit to using "crises" to do things they wouldn't be able to do otherwise. (What they don't admit to is that if they don't have an actual crisis, they will create one.)

See my sig.

One of the differences between conservatives and the rest of the population is that if this was happening when a democrat was president, those conservatives would not say the WHO is a worthless and corrupt organization that we should stop funding. They would be agreeing with the WHO and blaming the democratic president. The rest of us would be agreeing with the WHO and doing all we can to combat the virus.

Since we have a republican as president, conservatives do what the grampa person did. Which will guarantee that the virus continues to run rampant and kill more people.
Another example of a leftist playing politics with the cold virus

I'm really surprised anyone is asking that question at this point. Fear / panic is a huge tool used by governments and powers, who use it for their advantage. They openly admit to using "crises" to do things they wouldn't be able to do otherwise. (What they don't admit to is that if they don't have an actual crisis, they will create one.)

See my sig.

Large gatherings are currently prohibited in a one mile radius of New York and being enforced by the national guard.

Other place like California are also mandating orders against assembly of large groups.

Last edited:

Technically speaking....Woody Wilson, FDR/Truman and Johnson were very capable of using WMD's as a way of suffocating anything that may be a problem.

Bullshit.
H1N1 was declared pandemic during Obama and there were no school closings and promoted panic.

Yes, as the link I posted in the OP says, the WHO has declared this virus a pandemic.

It's in 100 nations now.

Please read the link.

If you don't like the links I provided here's a different one.

If you don't like that one do a search. You will get the same results.

I'm actually a really big fan of thinning out the population. Heck, just the other day I was reading something about that hole in the ozone starting to repair.

I'm sorry but I just don't know how to reply to being a fan of thinning the population.

Forum List

Back