Deep Red Teaparty state of Georgia considering.....

That's called state governments doing what state governments are supposed to do. Note that they didn't go to Washington, hat in hand, demanding that West Virginia coal miners pay to fix Georgian roads.
yeah. They just did what they campaigned against for the last 20 yrs dummy.

Georgia citizens voted in November to continue paying the 1% increase in the sales tax to maintain and improve the roads. The latest tax increase being proposed would raise the state gasoline tax that hasn't been raised in Georgia since the 1980's. This from the Yahoo article is interesting.

“The plan maintains intact the concept that money taxed on motor fuels will go to pay for transportation. The plan ends the practice of the state diverting almost $200 [million] from motor fuel taxes into the state's general fund. It establishes the principle that local gas taxes will be used for transportation purposes going forward,”

With the price of gas around $2 a gallon an increase of a few cents won't hurt anyone.
you ever heard of Norquist Teapublicans?

I never heard of Teapublicans, but Grover Norquist is known as a fiscal conservative in DC by a lot of Congresscritters.

That's called state governments doing what state governments are supposed to do. Note that they didn't go to Washington, hat in hand, demanding that West Virginia coal miners pay to fix Georgian roads.
This is going to be amazing if red rural states must start paying for their own infrastructure. They're relied upon the federal government forever.

BTW, Nebraska is considering raising gasoline tax by ten cents per gallon to fund roads; the federal money has declined by 3% in each of the last three years, and the roads are falling apart.

This, also BTW, is what Republicans refer to as "tax cuts."

LOL

too bad you don't live there so we can cut you down

typical of a snob.

Last edited:
This is going to be amazing if red rural states must start paying for their own infrastructure. They're relied upon the federal government forever.

BTW, Nebraska is considering raising gasoline tax by ten cents per gallon to fund roads; the federal money has declined by 3% in each of the last three years, and the roads are falling apart.

LOL

typical of a snob.
If the South is so fucked up, why are we being over-run with Yankees and Third Worlders?

LOL

typical of a snob.
If the South is so fucked up, why are we being over-run with Yankees and Third Worlders?
someone has to educate you feral neo confederates

yeah. They just did what they campaigned against for the last 20 yrs dummy.

Georgia citizens voted in November to continue paying the 1% increase in the sales tax to maintain and improve the roads. The latest tax increase being proposed would raise the state gasoline tax that hasn't been raised in Georgia since the 1980's. This from the Yahoo article is interesting.

“The plan maintains intact the concept that money taxed on motor fuels will go to pay for transportation. The plan ends the practice of the state diverting almost $200 [million] from motor fuel taxes into the state's general fund. It establishes the principle that local gas taxes will be used for transportation purposes going forward,”

With the price of gas around $2 a gallon an increase of a few cents won't hurt anyone.
you ever heard of Norquist Teapublicans?

I never heard of Teapublicans, but Grover Norquist is known as a fiscal conservative in DC by a lot of Congresscritters.
ummm..... ok you're real smart. I'm glad I took the time out to read your post :thup:

Seriously, don't post if you are going to say stuff like: its dark at night.

Last edited:
Jesus christ. That bill is a fucking disaster. I live in Ga and I am DAMN GLAD I am moving this summer...these fucking idiots want to raise the gas tax...it ain't exactly cheap right now!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of Ga.
Oh believe me won't I hate this fucking state.

A Nazi in Georgia. Why oh why am I not surprised?
Not a nazi,you moron..and your hatred of whites is showing quite clearly.

Jesus christ. That bill is a fucking disaster. I live in Ga and I am DAMN GLAD I am moving this summer...these fucking idiots want to raise the gas tax...it ain't exactly cheap right now!

what r u doing here. You get kicked off one of those other boards that cater to your hate?

what r u doing here. You get kicked off one of those other boards that cater to your hate?
I am here because I enjoy politics and current events and discussing them.Only hate I see is from the jew up there with his hatred of southern whites.

Now let's see taxes collected for repairing roads be used to repair roads.

Not to build bike paths.

Not to build free housing for layabouts.

Not to teach music to the tone deaf.

Just.......fix.......the........friggin'........ROADS!

LOL

I don't see how there can be an infrastructure problem anyway. We let Obama borrow hundreds of billions for shovel ready infrastructure improvement jobs. That means the problem is fixed.

Although the Congress approved a portion of what President Obama proposed in his overall stimulus package, the federal funding for infrastructure projects still did not nearly replace the revenues that states lost due to the Great Recession. It will take the U.S. years to recover from the Recession--if we have the will or political ability to fund such a recovery at all, that is.

LOL

I don't see how there can be an infrastructure problem anyway. We let Obama borrow hundreds of billions for shovel ready infrastructure improvement jobs. That means the problem is fixed.

Although the Congress approved a portion of what President Obama proposed in his overall stimulus package, the federal funding for infrastructure projects still did not nearly replace the revenues that states lost due to the Great Recession. It will take the U.S. years to recover from the Recession--if we have the will or political ability to fund such a recovery at all, that is.

Are you thus saying that Obama took the money dedicated to infrastructure improvement jobs and spent it on infrastructure improvement jobs? Or are you just defending The Fragile One on principle because, well, he's The Fragile One?

LOL

The problem was that all of those shovel ready jobs weren't there and Obama gave a few billion dollars to his contributors so they could start a green energy company and then go bankrupt.

The roads here do suck but shit raise taxes on something else! Sales tax or something not the freaking gas tax.

Not to build bike paths.

Sooo..... its ok for Repubs to raise taxes (revenue)? :eusa_whistle:

The roads here do suck but shit raise taxes on something else! Sales tax or something not the freaking gas tax.

Not to build bike paths.

Yes. I think you must at times. I have no problem with them raising taxes.

Not to build bike paths.

Unlike the federal gas tax, the Ga state tax will be dedicated to repairing roads.

"Then-Secretary of Transportation Mary Peters stated on August 15, 2007 that about 60% of federal gas taxes are used for highway and bridge construction. The remaining 40% goes to earmarked programs."

Forum List

Back