Deep Red Teaparty state of Georgia considering.....

:up: raising taxes!!! Quelle surprise..... NOT!!!

In deep red Georgia Republicans consider raising taxes to pay for roads - Yahoo News
Neglected bridges and roads are in urgent need of repair, and the tough winters of this year and last have only made the problem worse and amplified the need to ease congestion.

Now, with Republican Gov. Nathan Deal having been re-elected last fall to a second and final term, a motivated and diverse coalition of lawmakers and outside groups say that it's time for Republicans — who wrested control of the state from Dixiecrats over a decade ago — to govern and do something about the problem.

They finally figured out that, contrary to Newt Gingrich (R) [creator of the current snake pit atmosphere in congress] & Paul Ryan (R), that governments are :up: expected to provide basic infrastructure. Aint that sumpin'?
facepalm.gif
All they have to do is cut welfare for minorities and they'll have plenty of infrastructure money.
What's the matter, cutting off white trash would mean you would starve?

Cut it off for everybody, or nobody at all.

What a stupid fuckin' post.
Whites aren't minorities. And I will never starve. Cutting off blacks welfare checks is the way to go.

The only purpose of this thread was

so they can put down a state (they deemed it's tea party state) and that has people in it they can't stand.

nothing more. what they do there affects. no one unless they live there

oooooo, DEEP RED

can they get anymore DRAMTIC...GAWD

here's a clue, you don't their laws...DON'T move there

simple
here ya go lunch lady:

In deep red Georgia Republicans consider raising taxes to pay for roads - Yahoo News
ATLANTA, GA – The Georgia Legislature is dominated by tea party Republicans and answerable to a conservative electorate that is viscerally antitax. And yet as this Southern state once again suffers through an icy winter, talk here has turned to raising taxes.
Yahoo news?

Neglected bridges and roads are in urgent need of repair, and the tough winters of this year and last have only made the problem worse and amplified the need to ease congestion.

Now, with Republican Gov. Nathan Deal having been re-elected last fall to a second and final term, a motivated and diverse coalition of lawmakers and outside groups say that it's time for Republicans — who wrested control of the state from Dixiecrats over a decade ago — to govern and do something about the problem.

They finally figured out that, contrary to Newt Gingrich (R) [creator of the current snake pit atmosphere in congress] & Paul Ryan (R), that governments are :up: expected to provide basic infrastructure. Aint that sumpin'?
facepalm.gif
All they have to do is cut welfare for minorities and they'll have plenty of infrastructure money.
yea so make the situation even worse.....

Threads like this and quite a few these days from those I guess you would deem, Left/dem/progessive

Has proven to me, they care NOTHING about the rest of you in this country and actually has a deep seated hate for their fellow countrymen and women who isn't: one of them, of their kind, anyone who is Republican, conservative, even Indepenant if they lean a little to the right of them....

it's gotten worse over the years, I've been on here since 2004 and Bush was in office..It really started to get bad then but under Obama....it's out of this world

just my random thoughts...

now everyone have a good day

The only purpose of this thread was

so they can put down a state (they deemed it's tea party state) and that has people in it they can't stand.

nothing more. what they do there affects. no one unless they live there
wrong rw Lunch Lady Stephanie I care what happens to that state being held hostage by "Gubment on-the-cheap" Teapublicans.

Threads like this and quite a few these days from those I guess you would deem, Left/dem/progessive

Has proven to me, they care NOTHING about the rest of you in this country and actually has a deep seated hate for their fellow countrymen and women who isn't: one of them, of their kind, anyone who is Republican, conservative, even Indepenant if they lean a little to the right of them....

it's gotten worse over the years, I've been on here since 2004 and Bush was in office..It really started to get bad then but under Obama....it's out of this world

just my random thoughts...

now everyone have a good day
any links/sources today rw lunch lady? :doubt: Otherwise they're just your dopey opinions :tinfoil: but when were your posts any different? :rofl:

That's called state governments doing what state governments are supposed to do. Note that they didn't go to Washington, hat in hand, demanding that West Virginia coal miners pay to fix Georgian roads.
This is going to be amazing if red rural states must start paying for their own infrastructure. They're relied upon the federal government forever.

BTW, Nebraska is considering raising gasoline tax by ten cents per gallon to fund roads; the federal money has declined by 3% in each of the last three years, and the roads are falling apart.

This, also BTW, is what Republicans refer to as "tax cuts."

LOL

That's called state governments doing what state governments are supposed to do. Note that they didn't go to Washington, hat in hand, demanding that West Virginia coal miners pay to fix Georgian roads.
This is going to be amazing if red rural states must start paying for their own infrastructure. They're relied upon the federal government forever.

BTW, Nebraska is considering raising gasoline tax by ten cents per gallon to fund roads; the federal money has declined by 3% in each of the last three years, and the roads are falling apart.

LOL
true. They still cling to old failed ideological stunts that don't produce when put to the test.

LOL

I don't see how there can be an infrastructure problem anyway. We let Obama borrow hundreds of billions for shovel ready infrastructure improvement jobs. That means the problem is fixed.

yeah. They just did what they campaigned against for the last 20 yrs dummy.

Georgia citizens voted in November to continue paying the 1% increase in the sales tax to maintain and improve the roads. The latest tax increase being proposed would raise the state gasoline tax that hasn't been raised in Georgia since the 1980's. This from the Yahoo article is interesting.

“The plan maintains intact the concept that money taxed on motor fuels will go to pay for transportation. The plan ends the practice of the state diverting almost $200 [million] from motor fuel taxes into the state's general fund. It establishes the principle that local gas taxes will be used for transportation purposes going forward,”

With the price of gas around $2 a gallon an increase of a few cents won't hurt anyone.

Last edited:

Georgia citizens voted in November to continue paying the 1% increase in the sales tax to maintain and improve the roads. The latest tax increase being proposed would raise the state gasoline tax that hasn't been raised in Georgia since the 1980's. This from the Yahoo article is interesting.

“The plan maintains intact the concept that money taxed on motor fuels will go to pay for transportation. The plan ends the practice of the state diverting almost $200 [million] from motor fuel taxes into the state's general fund. It establishes the principle that local gas taxes will be used for transportation purposes going forward,”

With the price of gas around $2 a gallon an increase of a few cents won't hurt anyone.

Hmmm, making sure money dedicated to a purpose is actually used for that purpose? How dare they!

you ever heard of Norquist Teapublicans?

facepalm.gif

And since when does any conservative/libertarian/Tea partier deny that government has certain very specific jobs it is supposed to do......it is all the other crap they try to do and then increase taxes to do that we object to.....and you think you caught them as hypocrites......? And what about all the money they had been collecting under the democrats...that they obviously didn't spend on maintaining those roads.....now the democrats....who spent all that money on everything but what they should have been spending it on...have created a problem that republicans finally have to fix.....

Same happens here in democrat controlled Illinois.......they spent all the pension money, all the tax money, and every other dime on everything they shouldn't have spent it on....and now they are so far in the red that the new Republican governor is stuck making the hard choices.....

you lefties are really something.....

From the article....sounds like they could find that money in the budget without the tax increase....

Jesus christ. That bill is a fucking disaster. I live in Ga and I am DAMN GLAD I am moving this summer...these fucking idiots want to raise the gas tax...it ain't exactly cheap right now!

Jesus christ. That bill is a fucking disaster. I live in Ga and I am DAMN GLAD I am moving this summer...these fucking idiots want to raise the gas tax...it ain't exactly cheap right now!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of Ga.

Forum List

Back