Defense rifle vs assault rifle

Neither free speech nor the right to vote are physical objects that can kill your children if left unsecured. False equivalency is still false.
Right. We need to license and regulate computers and other forms of communication....

True equivalency....
You've completely and possibly deliberately misread the point of my statement.
No, the point of your statement is that you want to convert a right into a privilege, issue a license, charge a fee, and require insurance.
Other folks have rights too. Like the right to not accidentally be shot by someone who has no idea how to handle a gun, and the right to have their expenses taken care of if it does happen.
And the burden to prove it happened due to another's negligence.

The gun owner has the right to due process.
And?
So, you want to take preventative measures on A FUCKING RIGHT. And you don't see a provlem with it.

I bet you love prior constraint on free speech, don't you?

Fuck! I can't share a country with people who refuse to be free.

Neither free speech nor the right to vote are physical objects that can kill your children if left unsecured. False equivalency is still false.
Right. We need to license and regulate computers and other forms of communication....

True equivalency....
No, the point of your statement is that you want to convert a right into a privilege, issue a license, charge a fee, and require insurance.
Other folks have rights too. Like the right to not accidentally be shot by someone who has no idea how to handle a gun, and the right to have their expenses taken care of if it does happen.

And?
So, you want to take preventative measures on A FUCKING RIGHT. And you don't see a provlem with it.

Don't I have the right not to worry some nutcase is gonna shoot me for taking his parking space?

True equivalency....

And?

Don't I have the right not to worry some nutcase is gonna shoot me for taking his parking space?
Your worry is no one's concern but your own.

Especially when it comes to shitting on the rights of others to alleviate your pathetic worry.

Your worry is no one's concern but your own.
That kinda pops your home defense justification, doesn't it?
Why? It is my right.

You don't have a right to shit on my right to absolve your worry. I am not trying to control your life. Get the fuck out of mine.
"Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins"
Oliver wendel holmes I think.

This means that your rights cannot put mine in jeopardy.

Making sure people who take advantage of the right to own firearms (debatable whether that's an individual right or not but we'll let that go for a minute) are sane and have some basic education on safety and insurance to cover "mishaps" is part of everyone's freedoms. Like your insistence that your home defense weapon be something that will certainly "overpenetrate" and cause at minimum property damage to someone else if not worse. What about your victim's rights?

Blindly screeching "shall not be infringed!!!" Isn't freedom, it's FREEDUMB.

If a gun can be designated an assault rifle without knowing what the true intent of the rifle is, maybe they should be called defense assault rifles when they are intended for defense, and hunting assault rifles when they are intended for hunting. Maybe a freedom assault rifle if the intent is to simply have what the second amendment guarantees.
You can call it whatever you want however you intend to use it.

In the context of the law and firearm regulatory policy, lawmaking bodies have the authority to determine what is and what is not an assault rifle reflecting the will of the people.
That's a broad-as-fuck grant of arbitrary power which is hostile to unalienable rights. You think it will stop there?

What could POSSIBLY go wrong with that way of thinking?

The right to bear arms is a Constitutional right, not an inalienable right.

you have that backwords,,, the constitution doesnt grant that right it protects it because its inalienable,,, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

a constitutional right is in fact not a right but a privilege/law granted by the government and can take it away,,, as the 2nd says,, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Nonsense!

If owning a gun was an inalienable right, then anyone could walk into a gun shop and take a gun without paying. If anyone tried to stop them they could declare that owning a gun was their 'inalienable' right.

The adjective inalienable means something that “can’t be transferred to someone else, taken away, or denied.”

"Unalienable" vs. "Inalienable": Is There A Difference? - Dictionary.com

Constitutional rights are not inalienable.

A gun is a manufactured item, which must be purchased - it is not a 'natural right' that everyone is born with.

You're asking how a machine can be classified as an automobile if no one intends to drive it.

Pretty stupid question!

No, I am not asking about automobiles, I am asking how a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intent of a purchaser or owner.

The government passed a law, or a government agency creates a categorization that defines it as such. That's how.

If a gun can be designated an assault rifle without knowing what the true intent of the rifle is, maybe they should be called defense assault rifles when they are intended for defense, and hunting assault rifles when they are intended for hunting. Maybe a freedom assault rifle if the intent is to simply have what the second amendment guarantees.

In the context of the law and firearm regulatory policy, lawmaking bodies have the authority to determine what is and what is not an assault rifle reflecting the will of the people.
That's a broad-as-fuck grant of arbitrary power which is hostile to unalienable rights. You think it will stop there?

you have that backwords,,, the constitution doesnt grant that right it protects it because its inalienable,,, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

a constitutional right is in fact not a right but a privilege/law granted by the government and can take it away,,, as the 2nd says,, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Nonsense!

If owning a gun was an inalienable right, then anyone could walk into a gun shop and take a gun without paying. If anyone tried to stop them they could declare that owning a gun was their 'inalienable' right.

The adjective inalienable means something that “can’t be transferred to someone else, taken away, or denied.”

"Unalienable" vs. "Inalienable": Is There A Difference? - Dictionary.com

Constitutional rights are not inalienable.

A gun is a manufactured item, which must be purchased - it is not a 'natural right' that everyone is born with.
my lord youre a stupid fuck,,,

where does the 2nd say guns?? and it doesnt say you can take other peoples property,,, "KEEP AND BARE" not steal and loot,,,

the right everyone is born with is the right of self defense,, and the 2nd was written in a way that gives people the ability to defend themselves from tyranny where ever it comes from,,

You're asking how a machine can be classified as an automobile if no one intends to drive it.

Pretty stupid question!

No, I am not asking about automobiles, I am asking how a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intent of a purchaser or owner.

The government passed a law, or a government agency creates a categorization that defines it as such. That's how.
those laws are invalid due to the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

WRONG AGAIN!!!

Jesus. You and rights do not belong together in the same sentence. You are a willing subject.

Inalienable rights are natural rights that people are born with. A gun is a manufactured item that has to be purchased.

You're simply declaring something as an inalienable right...just because you want it to be....doesn't make it so!

WRONG AGAIN!!!

Jesus. You and rights do not belong together in the same sentence. You are a willing subject.

Inalienable rights are natural rights that people are born with. A gun is a manufactured item that has to be purchased.

You're simply declaring something as an inalienable right...just because you want it to be....doesn't make it so!
Where does the 2nd say guns??

How can a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intent of a purchaser or owner?
Unless you're planning on standing off a squad of infantry and your home is extremely isolated a rifle is a terrible choice for home defense.
whats your address???
You don't know what I do, so I'm just gonna let that slide. I should give it to you, would serve you right.
I dont care about your sex life,, just give us your address so we can let people know you defend you house with a water gun,,
Operate a security contracting and consulting company. I don't have a gun cabinet, I have an armory. I have my own range with pop-ups and a shoot-house. When business is slow we teach defensive shooting.

For home defense I keep a short old school remington 870 with a pistol grip and extended magazine. Also, being the kind of business it is and the people I employ I'm on a first name basis with local police, sheriff, and FBI.

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass
And this is why I almost never mention it here.
And, you have been one to throw that shit around yourself.

I have no doubt you have the will and ability to defend your home. Why do you doubt our ability?
I have never argued you shouldn't be able to defend your home. I said a rifle was a poor choice to do it. I am also a proponent of licensing, registration, and insurance requirements. (You wouldn't believe what the insurance here costs).
My 100lb wife can't handle my 12 gauge. She is a great shot with a 9mm handgun, but WAY more accurate with the AR15.

You want me to limit her the ability to defend herself when I am away?

You wouldn't be a proponent of licensing free speech or the right to vote. Is it a right or not?
She's more accurate at indoor distances with an ar? I find that difficult to believe. Also at 100lb she's gonna have an easier time maneuvering the 9. Make sure you've loaded with something that won't go through too many walls.

Kids kill themselves because of what their peers say about them. Political lemmings kill others because of what their leaders say. Words can kill. Voters can elect leaders that violently pit factions against each other. Votes can kill.

Pretty stupid question!

The supreme court...who are a whole lot more knowledgeable about the Constitution...has stated that the right to bear arms IS NOT an unlimited right. Guns can be regulated.

No one cares what you think the words "shall not be infringed" means.

I'm sure that you would not interpret the First amendment:

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion "

To mean that tax laws that recognize religious institutions and allow them not to pay taxes are not valid.

WRONG AGAIN!!!

Good question. perhaps the second amendment would be satisfied as long as people were allowed to arm themselves with toothpicks.

Pretty stupid question!

The supreme court...who are a whole lot more knowledgeable about the Constitution...has stated that the right to bear arms IS NOT an unlimited right. Guns can be regulated.

To mean that tax laws that recognize religious institutions and allow them not to pay taxes are not valid.
they give their opinion and dont make laws,,,

I noticed you skipped over all the things I proved you wrong on,, care to respond to them??

WRONG AGAIN!!!

Good question. perhaps the second amendment would be satisfied as long as people were allowed to arm themselves with toothpicks.
thats their choice,, I choose otherwise,,

Pretty stupid question!

I noticed you skipped over all the things I proved you wrong on,, care to respond to them??

The Supreme court is the FINAL authority on how laws are interpreted when there is a disagreement on the interpertation.

You have not proven me wrong on anything. Your understanding of the difference between inalienable rights and Constitutional rights is dead wrong.

The Declaration of Independence says:

"are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights"

Are people endowed by "their Creator" with owning guns? Are they born with guns?

The right to bear arms is a Constitutional right "endowed" by the U.S. Federal Government. Unlike unalienable rights, it did not exist until the Federal government was created and the Second Amendment ratified.

Pretty stupid question!

The Supreme court is the FINAL authority on how laws are interpreted when there is a disagreement on the interpertation.

You have not proven me wrong on anything. Your understanding of the difference between inalienable rights and Constitutional rights is dead wrong.

The Declaration of Independence says:

"are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights"

Are people endowed by "their Creator" with owning guns? Are they born with guns?

The right to bear arms is a Constitutional right "endowed" by the U.S. Federal Government. Unlike unalienable rights, it did not exist until the Federal government was created and the Second Amendment ratified.
where does the 2nd say guns???

WRONG AGAIN!!!

thats their choice,, I choose otherwise,,

You have the freedom to "choose otherwise" only because the U.S. Federal government - the Supreme Court - says you do!

Forum List

Back