Defense rifle vs assault rifle

How can a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intent of a purchaser or owner?
Unless you're planning on standing off a squad of infantry and your home is extremely isolated a rifle is a terrible choice for home defense.
whats your address???
You don't know what I do, so I'm just gonna let that slide. I should give it to you, would serve you right.
I dont care about your sex life,, just give us your address so we can let people know you defend you house with a water gun,,
Operate a security contracting and consulting company. I don't have a gun cabinet, I have an armory. I have my own range with pop-ups and a shoot-house. When business is slow we teach defensive shooting.

For home defense I keep a short old school remington 870 with a pistol grip and extended magazine. Also, being the kind of business it is and the people I employ I'm on a first name basis with local police, sheriff, and FBI.

Still wanna stop by?
then you have no problem giving us your address,,,

How can a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intent of a purchaser or owner?
Unless you're planning on standing off a squad of infantry and your home is extremely isolated a rifle is a terrible choice for home defense.
whats your address???
You don't know what I do, so I'm just gonna let that slide. I should give it to you, would serve you right.
I dont care about your sex life,, just give us your address so we can let people know you defend you house with a water gun,,
Operate a security contracting and consulting company. I don't have a gun cabinet, I have an armory. I have my own range with pop-ups and a shoot-house. When business is slow we teach defensive shooting.

For home defense I keep a short old school remington 870 with a pistol grip and extended magazine. Also, being the kind of business it is and the people I employ I'm on a first name basis with local police, sheriff, and FBI.

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

Sure, go get em Rambo.

1614007516834.png

The term "Assault Rifle" was coined by the fucking Nazis when they developed the Sturmgewehr 44 (literally the Storm Rifle 44)(meaning is Assault Rifle 44).

1920px-Sturmgewehr44_noBG.jpg

It was unique because it fired an intermediate size cartridge and had "selective fire" or the ability to fire in semi-auto and full-auto modes. I was considered a hybrid between a pistol caliber submachine gun (MP 40) and a battle rifle (Gewehr 43).

Thanks (or no thanks) to the Hughes Amendment, we are not allowed to purchase an assault rifle manufactured after 1986.

The AR-15 is based on the Armalite AR-15 (aka the M16), it's classified as an assault rifle.

AR-15 style rifle - Wikipedia
ArmaLite AR-15 - Wikipedia
Assault rifle - Wikipedia
And you're classified as a know-nothing if you think an AR15 is an assault rifle. See my post above. Pay particular attention to the "selective fire" part.

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass
And this is why I almost never mention it here.

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass
And, you have been one to throw that shit around yourself.

I have no doubt you have the will and ability to defend your home. Why do you doubt our ability?

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

I have no doubt you have the will and ability to defend your home. Why do you doubt our ability?
I have never argued you shouldn't be able to defend your home. I said a rifle was a poor choice to do it. I am also a proponent of licensing, registration, and insurance requirements. (You wouldn't believe what the insurance here costs).

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

I have never argued you shouldn't be able to defend your home. I said a rifle was a poor choice to do it. I am also a proponent of licensing, registration, and insurance requirements. (You wouldn't believe what the insurance here costs).
how about you tell us oh great one, what is the best home defense on a 12 acre farm??

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

My 100lb wife can't handle my 12 gauge. She is a great shot with a 9mm handgun, but WAY more accurate with the AR15.

You want me to limit her the ability to defend herself when I am away?

You wouldn't be a proponent of licensing free speech or the right to vote. Is it a right or not?

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

how about you tell us oh great one, what is the best home defense on a 12 acre farm??
12 acres isn't a farm. My family is on ten times that and our neighbors consider us hobbiests.

And whatever you're most confident with that won't endanger your neighbor. That being said remember that any engagement is most likely gonna happen inside and long guns can be awkward in confined spaces, and that your 5.56 ar will go though your house the long way.

The AR-15 is based on the Armalite AR-15 (aka the M16), it's classified as an assault rifle.

And you're classified as a know-nothing if you think an AR15 is an assault rifle. See my post above. Pay particular attention to the "selective fire" part.

Wrong again, dimwit!

The 1994 Federal Assault Weapons ban created a classification of 'Semi-Automatic Assault Rifles':

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

12 acres isn't a farm. My family is on ten times that and our neighbors consider us hobbiests.

And whatever you're most confident with that won't endanger your neighbor. That being said remember that any engagement is most likely gonna happen inside and long guns can be awkward in confined spaces, and that your 5.56 ar will go though your house the long way.
nice dodge there buttercup,,

OH and your opinion of what a farm is is very ignorant and oppressive,, some would say even fascist,,

Wrong again, dimwit!

The 1994 Federal Assault Weapons ban created a classification of 'Semi-Automatic Assault Rifles':

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia
makin shit up to fit a narrative doesnt change reality,,

doesnt matter anyway since the 2nd amendment was specifically for military grade weapons,,

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

Because it's utter bullshit? Yes, probably a good idea.

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

My 100lb wife can't handle my 12 gauge. She is a great shot with a 9mm handgun, but WAY more accurate with the AR15.

You want me to limit her the ability to defend herself when I am away?

You wouldn't be a proponent of licensing free speech or the right to vote. Is it a right or not?
She's more accurate at indoor distances with an ar? I find that difficult to believe. Also at 100lb she's gonna have an easier time maneuvering the 9. Make sure you've loaded with something that won't go through too many walls.

Neither free speech nor the right to vote are physical objects that can kill your children if left unsecured. False equivalency is still false.

whats your address???

Still wanna stop by?

r/iamverybadass

nice dodge there buttercup,,

OH and your opinion of what a farm is is very ignorant and oppressive,, some would say even fascist,,
I didn't dodge, you just didn't read the whole post.

Forum List

Back