Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

And not allowed. What is it that you don't get?
If anything at all, a deflated ball made it easier for them to grip. That is all.

I just heard a news report about this. Now, they said that two hours before game time, the officials check the balls and check the PSI, then hand the balls back to the ball boys. Now, I must wonder WHO is on the sidelines deflating footballs without being noticed? Lol!

I think those footballs must have been defective. Maybe they should have had a recall. :lol:

Anyhow, maybe Bill is a bit of a sleaze, but the Pats would have beat the hell out of the Colts regardless (obviously). I'm a little upset if this is true because the Patriots don't need to cheat to win games. They are a great team. I watch all of their games. Also, one of the Colts said the Pats would have beat them if they had been playing with a ball of soap. :lol:

Why do you keep having to mention that you watch all the games?
Sounds like you're trying to convince us of something?

I'm more familiar with the Patriots games than a lot of you, especially you haters. :D Anyone who watched that game knows that the Pats would have rolled over the Colts no matter what. They just way outplayed them in every aspect.

If this were your favorite team pulling these stunts not a one of you would complain and it would be justified.

Wrong. I'd be highly pissed if my team got caught cheating.
But then the Texans have the most integrity of any team in the NFL if you wanna go by arrest records.
Bob Doesnt put up with bullshit from his players for the most part and I like it that way.

Oh come on, it was defective balls. :D

If anything at all, a deflated ball made it easier for them to grip. That is all.

I just heard a news report about this. Now, they said that two hours before game time, the officials check the balls and check the PSI, then hand the balls back to the ball boys. Now, I must wonder WHO is on the sidelines deflating footballs without being noticed? Lol!

I think those footballs must have been defective. Maybe they should have had a recall. :lol:

Anyhow, maybe Bill is a bit of a sleaze, but the Pats would have beat the hell out of the Colts regardless (obviously). I'm a little upset if this is true because the Patriots don't need to cheat to win games. They are a great team. I watch all of their games. Also, one of the Colts said the Pats would have beat them if they had been playing with a ball of soap. :lol:

I'm more familiar with the Patriots games than a lot of you, especially you haters. :D Anyone who watched that game knows that the Pats would have rolled over the Colts no matter what. They just way outplayed them in every aspect.

I watch all the games,but I dont feel the need to tell everyone. NFL replay is a wonderful thing.

I watch all the games,but I dont feel the need to tell everyone. NFL replay is a wonderful thing.

That's why I posted some highlights from the game. Did you watch them? Deflated balls had nothing to do with that beating.

I'm not "pissed" at all. I'm amused by you experts who somehow think the Patriots won that game because of the inflation level of the footballs...a difference that the REAL officials couldn't discern in the game and a difference that was rectified before the Patriots outscored the Colts 28 to 0 in the second half.

I havent heard one person say it changed the outcome of the game.
In fact I've heard just the opposite.
Bellyache just seems to have a penchant for cheating,kinda like the wealthy socialite who shoplifts even though she could easily afford to pay.
as one poster said before,it was more than deflated balls that cost the colts the game.however in a close game like the ravens game,it could be instrumental in winning.

Besides, if you can't squeeze the ball in your hand, what difference would it make to the game in reality? How much better could you grip the ball with 1 or 2 PSI? Balls are supposed to be between 12-1/2 to 13, the balls were allegedly at about 11 PSI. Could it be that the refs made a mistake? Why was it 11 out of 12 balls and not all 12?

That's why I posted some highlights from the game. Did you watch them? Deflated balls had nothing to do with that beating.

No doubt about that.
It's the whole cheating thing that bothers me.

No doubt about that.
It's the whole cheating thing that bothers me.

Well, if Bill did do this, then I don't understand it at all because it is entirely unnecessary. The Patriots are a good team, and they don't need to cheat to win games.

You are all for teams cheating and bending rules as long as it is your team.
Asshole was the coach for the Giants back in the 80 90 I do not look at those victories the same way I do the last two. and this goes across the board for all cheaters on any team. Just sucks.

I was responding to the 911 nutter, and he has already stated that in the Rams go outside the rules of the NFL to move to LA, that it is okay with him.

Cheating is relative.
The moment you quailfy cheating is when the integrity of the sport diminishes.

So all "cheating" destroys the "integrity" of the sport? That includes defensive backs getting away with a hold...or an offensive player getting away with a push-off to catch a winning touchdown...pick plays of course should have offensive coordinators banned for life? Kickers shouldn't be able to use different balls than everyone else...

Please explain to me why a "rub" play has more "integrity" than playing with a softer football?

You cant compare a heat of the moment hold to a planned and calculated attempt to cheat.
They're not even close to the same thing.

A rub play is pretty intentional, it is planned and not a heat of the moment.

Also if you hold, do you tell the ref that you held, so, he can penalize the team. Integrity of the game and all.

Sounds like baseball more than football.

I'm not "pissed" at all. I'm amused by you experts who somehow think the Patriots won that game because of the inflation level of the footballs...a difference that the REAL officials couldn't discern in the game and a difference that was rectified before the Patriots outscored the Colts 28 to 0 in the second half.

I havent heard one person say it changed the outcome of the game.
In fact I've heard just the opposite.
Bellyache just seems to have a penchant for cheating,kinda like the wealthy socialite who shoplifts even though she could easily afford to pay.
as one poster said before,it was more than deflated balls that cost the colts the game.however in a close game like the ravens game,it could be instrumental in winning.

Exactly!!
Just as I mentioned earlier ...how many times has he gotten away with shit in the past?
I find it hard to believe that he got caught both times he tried it.

Do you remember hearing about the Dolphin game where a Jets coach intentionally tripped our player? Is this what you want to see happening in all the games? A damn free for all? Because the allowing of intentional infractions leads to episodes such as that and bounties being put on players, etc. when penalties for such are not severe.
Personally, I would think playoff games should come with even steeper punishment, if cheating is determined.

Asshole was the coach for the Giants back in the 80 90 I do not look at those victories the same way I do the last two. and this goes across the board for all cheaters on any team. Just sucks.

I was responding to the 911 nutter, and he has already stated that in the Rams go outside the rules of the NFL to move to LA, that it is okay with him.

Cheating is relative.
The moment you quailfy cheating is when the integrity of the sport diminishes.

So all "cheating" destroys the "integrity" of the sport? That includes defensive backs getting away with a hold...or an offensive player getting away with a push-off to catch a winning touchdown...pick plays of course should have offensive coordinators banned for life? Kickers shouldn't be able to use different balls than everyone else...

Please explain to me why a "rub" play has more "integrity" than playing with a softer football?

You cant compare a heat of the moment hold to a planned and calculated attempt to cheat.
They're not even close to the same thing.

A rub play is pretty intentional, it is planned and not a heat of the moment.

Also if you hold, do you tell the ref that you held, so, he can penalize the team. Integrity of the game and all.

Sounds like baseball more than football.

Besides, if you can't squeeze the ball in your hand, what difference would it make to the game in reality? How much better could you grip the ball with 1 or 2 PSI? Balls are supposed to be between 12-1/2 to 13, the balls were allegedly at about 11 PSI. Could it be that the refs made a mistake? Why was it 11 out of 12 balls and not all 12?

They didnt have enough time to get to that last ball?

One would think that if the balls were deflated enough for it to be noticeable at all, that the refs would have picked up on that. After all, that is a part of their job, and they are the ones who squeeze the balls and check them all the time throughout the game. Lol! Gosh, there are SO many innuendos in that sentence. :lol: It's hard to talk about balls without innuendos.

Payoff to not notice?
One would think that if the balls were deflated enough for it to be noticeable at all, that the refs would have picked up on that. After all, that is a part of their job, and they are the ones who squeeze the balls and check them all the time throughout the game. Lol! Gosh, there are SO many innuendos in that sentence. :lol: It's hard to talk about balls without innuendos.

Payoff to not notice?

You must be a friend of 911's. Lol. Why on earth would the referees, and that would have to be more than just ONE of them, risk their great jobs for the Patriots? Good grief, that's just stupid. Now you are insinuating nefarious conduct on the part of the referees too?

Forum List

Back