Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

nfl_g_belichick_gb1_600.jpg

And I would have gotten away with it if not for those pesky kids

Last edited:
Why not a do-over?

Think of the millions in ad revenue for the networks!

The Colts didn't lose because the Patriots cheated. They lost because New England is a flat out better team. Even if they did now Seattle has two weeks of rest and the winner of the do-over has one. Even if the Colts were to win they are still at a huge disadvantage. Can't do that

Just cancel the Super Bowl, this is such a big issue. Give the title to the Hawks, disbanded the Patriots, ban all the Patriot players for life, then take Brady and Belichick and give them the electric chair.

Will that take care of the sanctimonious fans?

Then in 2015 we can have officials run over every play in a booth and make sure there is no cheating going on, like pass interference or hold. Also lets kick out every player and coach that has ever cheated. Including Carroll.

That way the integrity of the game can be upheld.

You people are a bunch of hypocrites.

Just cancel the Super Bowl, this is such a big issue. Give the title to the Hawks, disbanded the Patriots, ban all the Patriot players for life, then take Brady and Belichick and give them the electric chair.

Then in 2015 we can have officials run over every play in a booth and make sure there is no cheating going on, like pass interference or hold. Also lets kick out every player and coach that has ever cheated. Including Carroll.

Yeah it's Pete Carroll's fault that Reggie Bush took money from an agent on the side.

47058310.jpg

Yeah it's Pete Carroll's fault that Reggie Bush took money from an agent on the side.

47058310.jpg

That's why Carroll ran, he knew all about it and turned away.

No he left because he had one of those now legendary dinners with Paul Allen where Paul pulls out his checkbook and says "$35 million ok?"

No he left because he had one of those now legendary dinners with Paul Allen where Paul pulls out his checkbook and says "$35 million ok?"

You need to believe what you need to believe, however you support the theory that people will defend their cheaters.

Carroll's team was penalized and forfeited games, he was the coach, he was caught cheating.

You need to believe what you need to believe, however you support the theory that people will defend their cheaters.

Carroll's team was penalized and forfeited games, he was the coach, he was caught cheating.

If you think Pete Carroll condoned Reggie Bush taking money from an agent on the side or even knew about it you are out of your mind. Yes he was the head coach so the buck ultimately stops there, but there's a big difference between a kid breaking the rules under the table and behind everyone's back and a quarterback breaking the rules on the field. No way in hell Carroll knew Bush was breaking the rules...Belichick knew for 100% certain. Totally different circumstances and regardless what happened at USC I couldn't give two shits about. If it were to come out that he encouraged or encourages cheating as the coach of the Seahawks then I will condemn him just as much as I condemn Belichick

If you think Pete Carroll condoned Reggie Bush taking money from an agent on the side or even knew about it you are out of your mind. Yes he was the head coach so the buck ultimately stops there, but there's a big difference between a twenty something year old kid breaking the rules under the table and behind everyone's back and a veteran NFL quarterback breaking the rules on the field. No way in hell Carroll knew Bush was breaking the rules...Belichick knew for 100% certain. Totally different circumstances and regardless what happened at USC I couldn't give two shits about. If it were to come out that he encouraged or encourages cheating as the coach of the Seahawks then I will condemn him just as much as I condemn Belichick[/QUOTE]

Poster is a Seahawks fan. :D Of course he or she is all over the "cheating" thing, even though it probably REALLY does not make a difference. If it was that noticeable a difference, the refs would have been on to that immediately.

Poster is a Seahawks fan. :D Of course he or she is all over the "cheating" thing, even though it probably REALLY does not make a difference. If it was that noticeable a difference, the refs would have been on to that immediately.

Ridiculous. You think the refs can tell the difference between a 13 psi ball and an 11 psi ball by feel? They already checked them before the game. They are going to assume they are in the same state they were when they checked them. The officials are grabbing the ball, putting it on the line of scrimmage, and getting the hell out of the way. To suggest that an official has any more ability to tell the difference in inflation than you or I is delusional

Think of it like this. Before I became a business manager I was a professional chef for 15 years. When I hold a knife there is a certain way I want it to feel in my hand. I want a certain weight and balance to it. I want a certain edge on the blade and before I start to prep I check my knives to make sure they are how I want them and if they aren't I will straighten the blade or sharpen it or whatever. Could one of my general managers grab one of my knives and feel any difference at all between that and one of my chef's knives? Pfft....hell no. I can. If I have to use one of my chef's knives it feels totally uncomfortable in my hand. You reach deeply my friend.

Ridiculous. You think the refs can tell the difference between a 13 psi ball and an 11 psi ball by feel? They already checked them before the game. They are going to assume they are in the same state they were when they checked them. The officials are grabbing the ball, putting it on the line of scrimmage, and getting the hell out of the way. To suggest that an official has any more ability to tell the difference in inflation than you or I is delusional

Bull crap! Part of their job is to check the balls. They sometimes switch out balls too, if there is a problem. Obviously you don't watch much football.

Think of it like this. Before I became a business manager I was a professional chef for 15 years. When I hold a knife there is a certain way I want it to feel in my hand. I want a certain weight and balance to it. I want a certain edge on the blade and before I start to prep I check my knives to make sure they are how I want them and if they aren't I will straighten the blade or sharpen it or whatever. Could one of my general managers grab one of my knives and feel any difference at all between that and one of my chef's knives? Pfft....hell no. I can. If I have to use one of my chef's knives it feels totally uncomfortable in my hand. You reach deeply my friend.

If the refs couldn't feel the difference in the balls, then it was negligible difference.

Look at it this way, the two coaches going to the Super Bowl this year are known cheaters. Spin it anyway you want, they both got caught cheating,

Look at it this way, the two coaches going to the Super Bowl this year are known cheaters. Spin it anyway you want, they both got caught cheating,

Defective balls, I tell you. :D As of yet, I have heard no evidence implicating Bill Belichick in a cheating scheme. Balls were under-inflated. That is all.

Defective balls, I tell you. :D As of yet, I have heard no evidence implicating Bill Belichick in a cheating scheme. Balls were under-inflated. That is all.

Denial aint just a river in Egypt

Who do you think is deflating balls for Bill? Do you think he's on the sidelines himself doing that 10 minutes before a game? Maybe they hired someone to deflate balls? :D The refs, oh they didn't notice or just ignored it, and all the other teams they played and won against? How do you know the balls weren't deflated from use or something? Simple answer is that you do not know.

I got a real kick out of it this morning on the Today show too, when the clueless bitches were talking about the alleged PSI being a couple (at most) above the acceptable limits, and saying "oh, that's a lot," then they looked expectantly at the only man there, and he was just like shrugging, and they were like, "oh yeah, that's a lot." I was like, shut up stupid bitches. You know NOT of what you are talking about. :lol: They were so clueless. Lol.

Forum List

Back