Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

Hey, they just don't make things like they used to, cars, footballs . . . :p

Uh uh....and it doesn't seem strange to you at all that both conference championships were played in heavy rain....Russell Wilson struggled with control, Aaron Rodgers struggled with control, Andrew Luck struggled with control...but holy shit....Tom Brady had no problem at all!!!! We haven't seen this kind of command over water since Jesus walked on the Sea of Galilee!!! :lol:

What does that have to do with defective balls?

yeah :cuckoo: the only person who can legitimately claim defective balls in regards to their job is Tom Byron. Just stop

No, I will not. That is why I'm here, and I still say . . . defective. :D And you can't prove otherwise.

Your argument may work at a Tupper Ware party Sweetie, but you are attempting to persuade people that have actually played football.

Give it up. You REALLY don't know what you are talking about with people that really do know what they are talking about.

It's called "Gronking" sweetie. :D

New England Patriots Rob Gronkowski has perfect explanation for Patriots deflated footballs - Extra Mustard - SI.com

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Now that this deception has made it to the national evening news it won't go away. It will be the hottest topic for the next ten days and flailed around during the Super Bowl Broadcast in front of one of the largest viewing audiences in history. This is a serious black eye for the Patriots and the NFL which has had a bad season for defending it's image already. There MUST be a serious punishment.

Sorry you all, but the 6 touchdowns and one field goal, and all the missed opportunities by the Colts, and screw ups are NOT attributed to the Pats playing with deflated balls. :D

Well who knows? Lance Armstrong dominated his sport with defective balls too

Nope, the Colts did not play well. The Patriots played a great game. That's why they won. Three SBs and 5 AFC championships SINCE the "spy gate" controversy. Sorry boys, you are just wrong. :)

Now that this deception has made it to the national evening news it won't go away. It will be the hottest topic for the next ten days and flailed around during the Super Bowl Broadcast in front of one of the largest viewing audiences in history. This is a serious black eye for the Patriots and the NFL which has had a bad season for defending it's image already. There MUST be a serious punishment.

I can't wait for the Pats to make seafood out of the Seagulls, Huggy! This is going to FUN! :lol:

I think I smell a Patriot fan in here

I think I smell jelly in here! :D

Honestly what baffles me is the question "why?" I mean we can mess around and have some fun with it but the reality is...they cheated. Why? They would have beaten Indianapolis like a drum anyhow. No one outside of Indiana thought the Colts had a prayer in hell to win that game. The Patriots are a fantastic team...why cheat? Is it some obsessive compulsive disorder where they can't help themselves? The Patriots are good enough that they don't have to cheat, but it's clear that they do anyhow and have on multiple occasions. What is it with them that they feel they have to cheat? It baffles me. It really does.

Honestly what baffles me is the question "why?" I mean we can mess around and have some fun with it but the reality is...they cheated. Why? They would have beaten Indianapolis like a drum anyhow. No one outside of Indiana thought the Colts had a prayer in hell to win that game. The Patriots are a fantastic team...why cheat? Is it some obsessive compulsive disorder where they can't help themselves? The Patriots are good enough that they don't have to cheat, but it's clear that they do anyhow and have on multiple occasions. What is it with them that they feel they have to cheat? It baffles me. It really does.

Do you honestly believe that these are tricks only the Patriots pull? God, you are SO naive. :rolleyes-41:

That may not bode well for the Seahawks dude. Nothing brings a team together and gives them motivation like a scandal.

That may not bode well for the Seahawks dude. Nothing brings a team together and gives them motivation like a scandal.
And nothing brings a team together like a miracle win

Aaron Rodgers mentioned something about hating underinflated balls and prefers them OVER the recommended guidelines set. :dunno:

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated ProFootballTalk

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Simms pointed out that Rodgers is the exception.

“Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into,” Simms said. “[Rodgers is] such a feel thrower. You can tell. The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it. That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.”

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

Look for more anecdotes to emerge regarding the things teams do to make the footballs the way their quarterbacks like them. While on one hand it takes some of the sting out of the possibility that the Patriots broke the rules, on the other hand it’s yet another case where, at a time when everyone may be getting away with it, the Patriots are the ones who got caught.

Do you honestly believe that these are tricks only the Patriots pull? God, you are SO naive. :rolleyes-41:

Of course not, but the Patriots have a bad habit of getting caught. We can't punish what we don't catch. If it was any other team including the Seahawks I would be just as critical. Two years ago our CB Brandon Browner got caught using PEDs and he got suspended. Damn right. He cheated and deserved to get punished and he made me and almost all Seahawks fans ashamed. Just because "all teams do it" doesn't mean it's right and when it's caught it ought to get punished. That goes for my Hawks, any other team, and your Patriots

Aaron Rodgers mentioned something about hating underinflated balls and prefers them OVER the recommended guidelines set. :dunno:

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated ProFootballTalk

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Simms pointed out that Rodgers is the exception.

“Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into,” Simms said. “[Rodgers is] such a feel thrower. You can tell. The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it. That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.”

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

Look for more anecdotes to emerge regarding the things teams do to make the footballs the way their quarterbacks like them. While on one hand it takes some of the sting out of the possibility that the Patriots broke the rules, on the other hand it’s yet another case where, at a time when everyone may be getting away with it, the Patriots are the ones who got caught.

Well Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, Jerry Rice, and Jerome Bettis have gone on TV today disagreeing with Rodgers. Just like the knives girl....I like mine a certain weight, other chefs like them at another weight. Rodgers like his over-inflated, Brady likes his under-inflated. What is important is that they are inflated within the rules of the game. Apparently, you struggle to grasp that. Do whatever a quarterback wants to the ball, but if it's illegal and they do it anyhow, it's cheating and only a total homer fan can argue otherwise.

Forum List

Back