Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

Now that this deception has made it to the national evening news it won't go away. It will be the hottest topic for the next ten days and flailed around during the Super Bowl Broadcast in front of one of the largest viewing audiences in history. This is a serious black eye for the Patriots and the NFL which has had a bad season for defending it's image already. There MUST be a serious punishment.

That may not bode well for the Seahawks dude. Nothing brings a team together and gives them motivation like a scandal.

ORRrr...it could just cause chaos and back biting and back stabbing as the players and coaches are scurrying like cockroaches when the light is turned on.

:lol:

That is NOT going to happen. Wishful thinking on your part. This is going to be GREAT for the Pats. Like I said, they play their best under pressure. :)

And isn't interesting that the Patriots picked up Browner

Well according to Belichick and Brady "if you aint cheating you aint trying" Browner fits in perfectly

Well, you and your hater friends have fun with your hate. Just remember, the Patriots do not need to cheat to win games. They are one of the BEST teams in the NFL. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Nightie night now! :bye1:
you are correct, they do not need to cheat but the fact is that they have 3 times now so that says something

Oh really, what three times is that? Name them please.

Check it out, haters! :D

How serious is deflate-gate Yahoo Sports does its own ball-deflating test Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

Weight: Negligible

A football weighs 14.5 ounces, discounting air. At 13 psi, the air inside the ball weighs about one-third of an ounce, or about the weight of two sheets of paper. At 11 psi, the air weighs about one-fourth of an ounce.

Verdict: If you can tell the difference between one-third and one-fourth of an ounce of air inside a one-pound football, you are lying.

Appearance: Also negligible

It's a football. It looks exactly the same at 13 or 11 psi. Take two pounds out of a regulation-inflated ball and it doesn't suddenly become a Salvador Dali-esque melting chunk of leather.

So the Patriots are caught bending the rules yet again.
No surprise there,yet I highly doubt it would have changed the outcome of the game considering they were checking the balls in the second half...and we all saw what happened in the second half.

But the constant cheating by Bellecheat has to be addressed and it sure as hell makes you wonder what he's gotten away with in the past.

And still gets away with.

Now it's being reported that the Baltimore Ravens told the Colts to be on the lookout for deflated balls.

Ravens reportedly tipped off Colts about possible ball deflation by Patriots Fox News

Yeah, I read your link, and first they were complaining about the formation, which was LEGAL. Lol. Now it's deflated balls. Obviously they are just mad because they lost. :D

Apparently you didn't read the link. It said that the attention after the game was focused on the coach's complaints about formations. But apparently, there was also concern about the balls being deflated.

I really have to wonder why you are being so purposely stupid? They're just mad because they lost? What is that supposed to mean? Are you suggesting that someone on the Ravens put into action a nefarious plot, whereby they tipped off the Colts before the game about deflated balls, then snuck onto the sidelines of the AFC Championship game and deflated the footballs, all in hopes of exacting some kind of petty revenge?

How serious is deflate-gate Yahoo Sports does its own ball-deflating test Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

A football weighs 14.5 ounces, discounting air. At 13 psi, the air inside the ball weighs about one-third of an ounce, or about the weight of two sheets of paper. At 11 psi, the air weighs about one-fourth of an ounce.

Verdict: If you can tell the difference between one-third and one-fourth of an ounce of air inside a one-pound football, you are lying.

It's a football. It looks exactly the same at 13 or 11 psi. Take two pounds out of a regulation-inflated ball and it doesn't suddenly become a Salvador Dali-esque melting chunk of leather.

Congratulations. You've disproven points made by nobody!

I mean really, the score was 45-7. Lol. Of course, the Colts are embarrassed, so the Patriots must have cheated. :D

Except that the whole thing was begun in the first half of the game, not after it was over. There was even one point where an official removed a ball from play because he suspected it was not inflated sufficiently.

Please, I watched the game from beginning to end. The Pats played a better game and won.

I watched the game too. Luck is a more accurate passer than Brady. He throws a much harder pass.

Look at it from what happened in the Seahawk game. Wilson's passes kept skipping off of the hands of our receivers because the properly inflated balls were much harder to catch than the balls Brady was throwing also in rainy conditions. The balls that skipped out of our receivers hands landed into the hands of Green Bay players. The field position and change of possession cost Seattle the opportunity to sustain drives and immediately gave GB at the very least Field goals because they were already close enough when the interceptions occurred.

In the Seattle game the Hawks threw 4 ints. That's 4 lost opportunities to score and 4 gifts to GB to get points already close to the Seahawk goal line.

When it stopped raining at the end of the game in Seattle the Seahawks scored 3 TDs in around three minutes.

Oh God..nevermind. You probably have never caught a hard thrown football in the rain. You will never get it because you don't understand what I am saying and never will.

Have a nice day cupcake.
Seattle played like shit. They should have never won that game GB played not to loose at the end of the game. they thoroughly out played settled who will loose in the Superbowl

I wasn't impressed with Seattle either. They really didn't look that good out on the field, not like the Patriots anyway. :D

Seattle played against a much better defense then did the Pats. It was obvious throughout the game that the Colt's defense was not on the same page. I don't think this will happen in Seattle. Unless Sherman doesn't play.

What happens to a football when you let the air out? It becomes non-regulation NFL football that's what.

I have a solution, fine Brady, Billycheck (sp) and the Partiots then change the rule to allow the team any pressure they want.

Maybe a deflated ball also helped Blount hold onto it.

Except that the whole thing was begun in the first half of the game, not after it was over. There was even one point where an official removed a ball from play because he suspected it was not inflated sufficiently.

Please, I watched the game from beginning to end. The Pats played a better game and won.

I watched the game too. Luck is a more accurate passer than Brady. He throws a much harder pass.

Look at it from what happened in the Seahawk game. Wilson's passes kept skipping off of the hands of our receivers because the properly inflated balls were much harder to catch than the balls Brady was throwing also in rainy conditions. The balls that skipped out of our receivers hands landed into the hands of Green Bay players. The field position and change of possession cost Seattle the opportunity to sustain drives and immediately gave GB at the very least Field goals because they were already close enough when the interceptions occurred.

In the Seattle game the Hawks threw 4 ints. That's 4 lost opportunities to score and 4 gifts to GB to get points already close to the Seahawk goal line.

When it stopped raining at the end of the game in Seattle the Seahawks scored 3 TDs in around three minutes.

Oh God..nevermind. You probably have never caught a hard thrown football in the rain. You will never get it because you don't understand what I am saying and never will.

Have a nice day cupcake.
Seattle played like shit. They should have never won that game GB played not to loose at the end of the game. they thoroughly out played settled who will loose in the Superbowl

I wasn't impressed with Seattle either. They really didn't look that good out on the field, not like the Patriots anyway. :D

Seattle played against a much better defense then did the Pats. It was obvious throughout the game that the Colt's defense was not on the same page. I don't think this will happen in Seattle. Unless Sherman doesn't play.

Well, I watched that game, and I must disagree. I wasn't very impressed with either of those teams.

Congratulations. You've disproven points made by nobody!

Point being, the difference is negligible. That is not why the Pats win games. Perhaps this is some preference of Tom Brady's, but obviously it doesn't REALLY make a difference.

What happens to a football when you let the air out? It becomes non-regulation NFL football that's what.

I have a solution, fine Brady, Billycheck (sp) and the Partiots then change the rule to allow the team any pressure they want.

Maybe a deflated ball also helped Blount hold onto it.

No, I don't think they should be able to do that either. However, I think this hoopla over 1 or 2 PSI is a bit over the top. This is more a "bending of rules" than cheating, IMO. Lol.

Have a nice day cupcake.

Well, we shall see, I guess. :D

Point being, the difference is negligible.

:lmao:

Just because the difference in weight is negligible does not mean that the difference in the overall effect is negligible. Of course, you damn well know that your logic is bullshit.

That is not why the Pats win games. Perhaps this is some preference of Tom Brady's, but obviously it doesn't REALLY make a difference.

If it makes no difference, then why do it? The fact that it was done is itself evidence of the fact that it can effect the results.

The fact that it is a preference of Brady's is, in and of itself, a change that creates an advantage. Why not just use a smaller ball? Why not use larger footballs for teams that want to? Why not make the field 100 meters? This is a game that will award or rescind touchdowns and first downs based on half an inch. The league regulates footballs, and the Patriots willfully violated those rules with the intent of gaining an advantage.

Your entire position on this seems to be based on the batshit stupid idea that cheating doesn't matter if you win in the end. You're pathetic.

Point being, the difference is negligible.

:lmao:

Just because the difference in weight is negligible does not mean that the difference in the overall effect is negligible. Of course, you damn well know that your logic is bullshit.

That is not why the Pats win games. Perhaps this is some preference of Tom Brady's, but obviously it doesn't REALLY make a difference.

If it makes no difference, then why do it? The fact that it was done is itself evidence of the fact that it can effect the results.

The fact that it is a preference of Brady's is, in and of itself, a change that creates an advantage. Why not just use a smaller ball? Why not use larger footballs for teams that want to? Why not make the field 100 meters? This is a game that will award or rescind touchdowns and first downs based on half an inch. The league regulates footballs, and the Patriots willfully violated those rules with the intent of gaining an advantage.

Your entire position on this seems to be based on the batshit stupid idea that cheating doesn't matter if you win in the end. You're pathetic.

For the same reasons that Aaron Rodgers prefers an overinflated ball, because it probably really means nothing and is just some QB preference that does NOT affect the outcome of games. You are acting as if they committed a MURDER or something. Lighten up. It was AT MOST underinflated equal to the weight of a PIECE OF PAPER.

For the same reasons that Aaron Rodgers prefers an overinflated ball, because it probably really means nothing and is just asome QB preference that does NOT affect the outcome of games.

There would be no preference if there was no effect.

You are acting as if they committed a MURDER or something. Lighten up. It was AT MOST underinflated equal to the weight of a PIECE OF PAPER.

Sure, it's just cheating. No reason to care. No reason to hold anyone in contempt. That is, if you're like Chris, and have no sense of honor or integrity.

Of course, for most of us, if we get caught cheating at work, we can potentially lose our jobs. But if it's the Patriots, we shouldn't think anything of it.

Forum List

Back