Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

Look at it this way, the two coaches going to the Super Bowl this year are known cheaters. Spin it anyway you want, they both got caught cheating,

Defective balls, I tell you. :D As of yet, I have heard no evidence implicating Bill Belichick in a cheating scheme. Balls were under-inflated. That is all.

Denial aint just a river in Egypt

Who do you think is deflating balls for Bill? Do you think he's on the sidelines himself doing that 10 minutes before a game? Maybe they hired someone to deflate balls? :D The refs, oh they didn't notice or just ignored it, and all the other teams they played and won against? How do you know the balls weren't deflated from use or something? Simple answer is that you do not know.

Read earlier when I explained that the balls are going to be in the precise condition Tom Brady wants them in and to think anything else is insanity. Belichick knows this and he doesn't care and to think anything else is insanity. Do surgeons inspect their instruments before they operate? Hell yes! Does a pilot inspect his plane before he takes off? Hell yes! Does a chef check his knife before he preps? Hell yes! And you are trying to tell me that an NFL quarterback just says "yeah toss me whatever ball happens to be there and we're ok"?

That's complete delusion! Defective balls my ass.

Look at it this way, the two coaches going to the Super Bowl this year are known cheaters. Spin it anyway you want, they both got caught cheating,

Defective balls, I tell you. :D As of yet, I have heard no evidence implicating Bill Belichick in a cheating scheme. Balls were under-inflated. That is all.

You both are in denial. :lol:

Hey, 300+ pound guys spiking the balls in the end zone could contribute to a little deflation, and there was a lot of that going on during that game on our side. :D

Who do you think is deflating balls for Bill? Do you think he's on the sidelines himself doing that 10 minutes before a game? Maybe they hired someone to deflate balls? :D The refs, oh they didn't notice or just ignored it, and all the other teams they played and won against? How do you know the balls weren't deflated from use or something? Simple answer is that you do not know.

Read earlier when I explained that the balls are going to be in the precise condition Tom Brady wants them in and to think anything else is insanity. Belichick knows this and he doesn't care and to think anything else is insanity. Do surgeons inspect their instruments before they operate? Hell yes! Does a pilot inspect his plane before he takes off? Hell yes! Does a chef check his knife before he preps? Hell yes! And you are trying to tell me that an NFL quarterback just says "yeah toss me whatever ball happens to be there and we're ok"?

What did I say? I said DEFECTIVE BALLS. :p

Hey, 300+ pound guys spiking the balls in the end zone could contribute to a little deflation, and there was a lot of that going on during that game on our side. :D

Yeah well he didn't do it 11 times. :lmao:

Maybe at least 6 times though. :razz:

Honestly Gronkowski spiking the ball probably does deflate the ball a bit. A PGA golfer needs a new ball each hole because after one hole of play the ball is no longer round and it will affect how the ball plays. They hit the ball that hard and they can notice the difference between how a ball flies as a result. To the average person it makes no difference at all. But come on.....I am hoping you are saying this in jest. Surely you don't believe that 11 out of 12 balls were low because someone spiked them. Come on man......let's be real here

Honestly Gronkowski spiking the ball probably does deflate the ball a bit. A PGA golfer needs a new ball each hole because after one hole of play the ball is no longer round and it will affect how the ball plays. They hit the ball that hard and they can notice the difference between how a ball flies as a result. To the average person it makes no difference at all. But come on.....I am hoping you are saying this in jest. Surely you don't believe that 11 out of 12 balls were low because someone spiked them. Come on man......let's be real here

Hey, they just don't make things like they used to, cars, footballs . . . :p

Uh uh....and it doesn't seem strange to you at all that both conference championships were played in heavy rain....Russell Wilson struggled with control, Aaron Rodgers struggled with control, Andrew Luck struggled with control...but holy shit....Tom Brady had no problem at all!!!! We haven't seen this kind of command over water since Jesus walked on the Sea of Galilee!!! :lol:

Uh uh....and it doesn't seem strange to you at all that both conference championships were played in heavy rain....Russell Wilson struggled with control, Aaron Rodgers struggled with control, Andrew Luck struggled with control...but holy shit....Tom Brady had no problem at all!!!! We haven't seen this kind of command over water since Jesus walked on the Sea of Galilee!!! :lol:

What does that have to do with defective balls?

You talk about these footballs like you just dropped in from outer space.

First of all the balls were not under inflated. The refs checked them then ten minutes before the game they gave them to the Patriots. The balls were messed with by letting air OUT of each ball not intended for kicking. The process takes just a few seconds. I'm sure that the kickers know who is doing it for Belichick. They have access to the footballs at all times for practicing kicking into a net on the sidelines. The device to deflate the football and measure the remaining air pressure is about the size of a "Sharpie".

The Pats didn't need to get the whole deed done in ten minutes. The kick off ball is a hard ball for both teams. By the time the Pat's Offense takes the field and they run the commercials or the Colts run their first series it could be 20-25 minutes before Brady needs a doctored ball to play with. He only needs a couple ready to send in. The rest can be deflated as needed. I'm sure that the kickers have a mark on their ball so they can quickly find it.

As a side note the Patriots may use deflated balls for the whole season. ORRRrr... at least all their home games rain or shine. Using harder balls in the Super Bowl may be a disadvantage because they may be used to playing in games and practice with the under-inflated ball.

Every Patriot Receiver, RB, Kicker and QB KNOWS they have been playing with a non regulation ball. They have been handling footballs for most of the time they have been alive and awake for most of their entire lives. Believe me...they know what a regulation football feels like and they know what a Patriot doctored football feels like.

The entire team is wise to this deceit. If there is a punishment handed out it should be levied against the whole team.

Last edited:

yeah :cuckoo: the only person who can legitimately claim defective balls in regards to their job is Tom Byron. Just stop

You talk about these footballs like you just dropped in from outer space.

First of all the ball were not under inflated. The refs checked them then ten minutes before the game they gave them to the Patriots. The balls were messed with by letting air OUT of each ball not intended for kicking. The process takes just a few seconds. I'm sure that the kickers know who is doing it for Belichick. They have access to the footballs at all times for practicing kicking into a net on the sidelines. The device to deflate the football and measure the remaining air pressure is about the size of a "Sharpie".

The Pats didn't need to get the whole deed done in ten minutes. The kick off ball is a hard ball for both teams. By the time the Pat's Offense takes the field and they run the commercials or the Colts run their first series it could be 20-25 minutes before Brady needs a doctored ball to play with. He only needs a couple ready to send in. The rest can be deflated as needed. I'm sure that the kickers have a mark on their ball so they can quickly find it.

As a side note the Patriots may use deflated balls for the whole season. ORRRrr... at least all their home games rain or shine. Using harder balls in the Super Bowl may be a disadvantage because they may be used to playing in games and practice with the under-inflated ball.

Every Patriot Receiver, RB, Kicker and QB KNOWS they have been playing with a non regulation ball. They have been handling footballs for most of the time they have been alive and awake for most of their entire lives. Believe me...they know what a regulation football feels like and they know what a Patriot doctored football feels like.

The entire team is wise to this deceit. If there is a punishment handed out it should be levied against the whole team.

Oh sure. Lol. You're crazy. :lol: But everyone already knew that.

ChrisL probably couldn't tell the difference in a regulation Football and a Patriot doctored one but I gaurandamntee that every skill player on the Pat's team can tell the difference instantly.

yeah :cuckoo: the only person who can legitimately claim defective balls in regards to their job is Tom Byron. Just stop

No, I will not. That is why I'm here, and I still say . . . defective. :D And you can't prove otherwise.

ChrisL probably couldn't tell the difference in a regulation Football and a Patriot doctored one but I gaurandamntee that every skill player on the Pat's team can tell the difference instantly.

And what about the referees? Are they in on this scheme too? Hmm. All of the other teams the Pats played against this year who did not file a formal complaint are also liable too, I suppose. :D

original.jpg

Hey Tom Brady, I have defective balls too

original.jpg

Hey Tom Brady, I have defective balls too

:lol:

No, I will not. That is why I'm here, and I still say . . . defective. :D And you can't prove otherwise.

Your argument may work at a Tupper Ware party Sweetie, but you are attempting to persuade people that have actually played football.

Give it up. You REALLY don't know what you are talking about with people that really do know what they are talking about.

Forum List

Back