Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

This nonsense about the "integrity" of the game is a joke! It's why you have officials. Has anyone here asked the very obvious question why none of the officials involved in the game didn't notice any difference between the balls being used in the game? Or do you think that they were in on the deception as well?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Players and coaches are ALWAYS looking for an edge. I used to play goalie in high school and college. There were regulations as to the size of your goalie pads. They could only be so wide and some officials would measure them before a game started. I would lay mine on their sides and jump on them to make them narrower and then when the game would be about to start i would jam down on them from the top to make them as wide as I could. Where did I learn that trick? From one of my coaches who did the same thing when he played in the NHL. It's why you see a pitcher rub a ball up when he gets a new one from the umpire. It's why you see Lebron James put talcum on his hands.

You are all for teams cheating and bending rules as long as it is your team.
Asshole was the coach for the Giants back in the 80 90 I do not look at those victories the same way I do the last two. and this goes across the board for all cheaters on any team. Just sucks.

I was responding to the 911 nutter, and he has already stated that in the Rams go outside the rules of the NFL to move to LA, that it is okay with him.

Cheating is relative.
The moment you quailfy cheating is when the integrity of the sport diminishes.

Give me a break, do Seattle fans worry about Carrol and his cheating past? Isn't Sean Payton still coaching and Saint fans were justifying bounties? SF fans still see no wrong in what Barry Bonds did. hell, on this board, 911 inside job is saying moving without league approval is ok.

Every holding call that is not called, is still cheating. That is why there is a penalty if caught. Every pass interference is cheating, every offsides not called. It is all relative.

It matters what team you follow and what you are excusing as behavior.

And you got to love all the NE haters, they yell, take away draft picks, lower their cap limit, like that isn't going to give other teams an advantage?

I'm a Colts fan and no way does the game that is 17-7 at the half, 11 of 12 balls are aired to NFL regulation at halftime. The end of the second half and the ball are checked out to be fine and they only out score the Colts 20-0. Please deflate the ball.

I do not care who you root for I am talking about the brand and the game as a whole.
Then don't bring the Giants in the argument.

I understand you are trying to be self righteous but there is a whole more to the brand than this. Bounty gate was a farce, you seriously believe that the Saints are the only team that puts bounties on players? Yet, you only punish them? Seriously?

Tell me about the brand when you mishandle a domestic violence case so bad and then screw it up worse by suspending the guy indefinitely because you didn't do the right thing to begin with.

Then you talk about the brand as a whole while you, yourself diminish It?

Give me a break, the Pats are wrong for deflating the balls, they should be fined and that is it.

Any draft picks, any salary cap BS is just silly for as little impact it had on the game.

This nonsense about the "integrity" of the game is a joke! It's why you have officials. Has anyone here asked the very obvious question why none of the officials involved in the game didn't notice any difference between the balls being used in the game? Or do you think that they were in on the deception as well?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yep, they handled both teams footballs and they didn't notice, maybe it's a conspiracy!

Asshole was the coach for the Giants back in the 80 90 I do not look at those victories the same way I do the last two. and this goes across the board for all cheaters on any team. Just sucks.

I was responding to the 911 nutter, and he has already stated that in the Rams go outside the rules of the NFL to move to LA, that it is okay with him.

Cheating is relative.

So all "cheating" destroys the "integrity" of the sport? That includes defensive backs getting away with a hold...or an offensive player getting away with a push-off to catch a winning touchdown...pick plays of course should have offensive coordinators banned for life? Kickers shouldn't be able to use different balls than everyone
Please explain to me why a "rub" play has more "integrity" than playing with a softer football?
If rule breaking is allowed on any level then it does impact on the integrity of the game

Is it against the rules to run pick plays?
i'm not a referee I wouldn't comment on that. you were just pissed because the patriots got caught once again cheating

Players and coaches are ALWAYS looking for an edge. I used to play goalie in high school and college. There were regulations as to the size of your goalie pads. They could only be so wide and some officials would measure them before a game started. I would lay mine on their sides and jump on them to make them narrower and then when the game would be about to start i would jam down on them from the top to make them as wide as I could. Where did I learn that trick? From one of my coaches who did the same thing when he played in the NHL. It's why you see a pitcher rub a ball up when he gets a new one from the umpire. It's why you see Lebron James put talcum on his hands.

Remember Belintikoff from the Raiders, you'd throw a ball anywhere near him and the stick'em caught the ball. He never had to, he just had to make sure it hit him somewhere. LOL!

I'm not "pissed" at all. I'm amused by you experts who somehow think the Patriots won that game because of the inflation level of the footballs...a difference that the REAL officials couldn't discern in the game and a difference that was rectified before the Patriots outscored the Colts 28 to 0 in the second half.

Remember Belintikoff from the Raiders, you'd throw a ball anywhere near him and the stick'em caught the ball. He never had to, he just had to make sure it hit him somewhere. LOL!

And what stopped that practice, Papa? They didn't fine Fred Biletnikoff. They didn't penalize the Raiders with a loss of draft choices. They simply had the officials check player uniforms for foreign substances.

"Spygate" was a joke just as THIS controversy is a joke. You don't like the fact that the Patriots have won more in the past decade and a half than any other team so you start a whiny thread like this one to make yourself feel better about your rooting for a team that sucks.

I'm not "pissed" at all. I'm amused by you experts who somehow think the Patriots won that game because of the inflation level of the footballs...a difference that the REAL officials couldn't discern in the game and a difference that was rectified before the Patriots outscored the Colts 28 to 0 in the second half.

It probably didn't change the outcome, but it is cheating. I have seen a lot of quarterbacks chime in on this all day and they all agree that softer balls settle far more comfortably in the hand enhancing your performance.

And just because someone hasn't gotten caught makes it ok, in your eyes. Just wow! Remind me to never play cards with you.
Integrity you lack, along with all the others saying, no big
deal.

If the NFL doesn't deal harshly with this, then it will continue and grow.

Some of those blatantly obvious bad calls? Probably paid off refs. Where does it stop. Either you want to believe in the winner of a game to actually be just that, a winner.
Let me ask you, if your employer cheats you, just say, what the heck. Or if they overpay you, would you be the one saying, I deserve it anyway, and never report it. Maybe not, but I know I wouldn't trust you.

It's unlikely the deflated balls drastically changed the outcome of the game, but the fact that they cheated must be addressed. Also, how many close games have they had this season where they did the same thing, and didn't get caught? Patriots fans can scream "sore losers" all they want, but their team has a history of cheating, and something should be done about it.

The Pats aren't the ONLY team to pull these little tricks, I'm sure. Lol.

Wow, what a justification for your letting cheating go unpunished. You lost before you ever played the game.

"Spygate" was a joke just as THIS controversy is a joke. You don't like the fact that the Patriots have won more in the past decade and a half than any other team so you start a whiny thread like this one to make yourself feel better about your rooting for a team that sucks.

And not allowed. What is it that you don't get?
If anything at all, a deflated ball made it easier for them to grip. That is all.

I just heard a news report about this. Now, they said that two hours before game time, the officials check the balls and check the PSI, then hand the balls back to the ball boys. Now, I must wonder WHO is on the sidelines deflating footballs without being noticed? Lol!

I think those footballs must have been defective. Maybe they should have had a recall. :lol:

Anyhow, maybe Bill is a bit of a sleaze, but the Pats would have beat the hell out of the Colts regardless (obviously). I'm a little upset if this is true because the Patriots don't need to cheat to win games. They are a great team. I watch all of their games. Also, one of the Colts said the Pats would have beat them if they had been playing with a ball of soap. :lol:

If this were your favorite team pulling these stunts not a one of you would complain and it would be justified.

Wrong. I'd be highly pissed if my team got caught cheating.
But then the Texans have the most integrity of any team in the NFL if you wanna go by arrest records.
Bob Doesnt put up with bullshit from his players for the most part and I like it that way.

And just because someone hasn't gotten caught makes it ok, in your eyes. Just wow! Remind me to never play cards with you.
Integrity you lack, along with all the others saying, no big
deal.

If the NFL doesn't deal harshly with this, then it will continue and grow.

Some of those blatantly obvious bad calls? Probably paid off refs. Where does it stop. Either you want to believe in the winner of a game to actually be just that, a winner.
Let me ask you, if your employer cheats you, just say, what the heck. Or if they overpay you, would you be the one saying, I deserve it anyway, and never report it. Maybe not, but I know I wouldn't trust you.

It's unlikely the deflated balls drastically changed the outcome of the game, but the fact that they cheated must be addressed. Also, how many close games have they had this season where they did the same thing, and didn't get caught? Patriots fans can scream "sore losers" all they want, but their team has a history of cheating, and something should be done about it.

The Pats aren't the ONLY team to pull these little tricks, I'm sure. Lol.

So, during the game, you hold a player, do you go tell the ref that you held so he can call the penalty for cheating?

And not allowed. What is it that you don't get?
If anything at all, a deflated ball made it easier for them to grip. That is all.

I just heard a news report about this. Now, they said that two hours before game time, the officials check the balls and check the PSI, then hand the balls back to the ball boys. Now, I must wonder WHO is on the sidelines deflating footballs without being noticed? Lol!

I think those footballs must have been defective. Maybe they should have had a recall. :lol:

Anyhow, maybe Bill is a bit of a sleaze, but the Pats would have beat the hell out of the Colts regardless (obviously). I'm a little upset if this is true because the Patriots don't need to cheat to win games. They are a great team. I watch all of their games. Also, one of the Colts said the Pats would have beat them if they had been playing with a ball of soap. :lol:

Why do you keep having to mention that you watch all the games?
Sounds like you're trying to convince us of something...

Last edited:

You are all for teams cheating and bending rules as long as it is your team.

Cheating is relative.

So all "cheating" destroys the "integrity" of the sport? That includes defensive backs getting away with a hold...or an offensive player getting away with a push-off to catch a winning touchdown...pick plays of course should have offensive coordinators banned for life? Kickers shouldn't be able to use different balls than everyone else...

Please explain to me why a "rub" play has more "integrity" than playing with a softer football?

You cant compare a heat of the moment hold to a planned and calculated attempt to cheat.
They're not even close to the same thing.

I havent heard one person say it changed the outcome of the game.
In fact I've heard just the opposite.
Bellyache just seems to have a penchant for cheating,kinda like the wealthy socialite who shoplifts even though she could easily afford to pay.

Forum List

Back