Delta airlines forced disabled man to crawl to his wc

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Delta offers to put down cardboard while forcing disabled man to crawl on tarmac | The Raw Story
A disabled Hawaii man is suing Delta Airlines after he says that the company forced him to crawl across the airport tarmac three times and only offered him cardboard so he would not get his suit dirty.

A lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Hawaii claims that Baraka Kanaan was “forced to crawl across an airport tarmac, up and down the stairs of an airplane, down the aisle of the aircraft and out of and into his seat” on a series of flights between Massachusetts and Hawaii July 2012.

Kanaan, who is a former college professor and currently heads a nonprofit, was left disabled after a car accident in 2000 caused severe spinal injuries.

Delta Airlines Humiliates Disabled Man, Forces Him To Crawl Across Tarmac Three Times (VIDEO) -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201680544322019&set=vb.1432074113&type=2&theater

We don't fly Delta but this insures we never will.

This kind of attitude is why I have a strict "no-Delta" policy with my clients and have for 25 years. It's not an isolated incident.

I really don't know how they stay in business. Turning your travel plans over to Delta is like turning over your hospital care to Dick Cheney.

Last edited:
As far back as I can remember, Delta has had a rep for killing animals that they transported. That was the first reason we decided not to fly with them.

And, I had forgotten that when we went on our Caribbean trip, we had no choice but to fly one leg with Delta. It was a mess. Among other things, they were 5 hours late.

Something for our new ambassador to the UN Samantha Powers to work on...
:eusa_eh:
Report: Disabled Children in Developing World Often Severely Punished
August 02, 2013 > Children with disabilities in the developing world are frequently subjected to severe emotional and physical punishment, according to an analysis of data compiled by UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund.
An estimated 93 million children around the world have disabilities, including emotional, developmental and physical impairments. Eighty percent of them live in middle- and low-income countries, and, according to experts, are subject to harsh discipline. Investigators from Duke University and the National Institutes of Health combed through surveys collected by UNICEF of almost 46,000 parents and caregivers of children between the ages of two and nine in 17 of those countries. Some mentioned are Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Georgia, Ghana, Iraq, Laos and Yemen. It was the largest study to date on the treatment of children with cognitive, physical, sensory and motor disabilities.

110C0DAE-D283-4235-AF7B-8EDA1A26B1F8_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy13_cw0.jpg

Professional nurse Laura Murphy (R) and volunteer Loretta Gaughan from Ireland feed children at an orphanage for mentally disabled children under the Vesnova institution, near the Belarussian village of Vesnova

About four percent of disabled youngsters in poorer nations received severe treatment, according to researcher Jennifer Lansford of the Family and Child Policy Center at Duke University in North Carolina. She said the harshest forms of punishment included beating the child on the head with a stick or heavy object. “And then we had a range of other physical and non-physical forms of punishment, including spanking the child, shaking the child, calling the child lazy and stupid and things like that,” said Lansford. Among the countries surveyed, only in Georgia were punitive caretakers not the norm.

Lansford said it is not clear whether some of the severe interactions, including shaking the children, contributed to their disabilities. To explain the harsh punishments, Lansford said many caregivers cited stress and frustration… “Related to managing the disability as well as knowing how to parent a child with disabilities, so that a higher levels of stress could lead to harsher parenting for sure,” stated Lansford. Lansford said programs that educate caretakers about disabilities, and encourage them to take a break when they feel particularly stressed out, could lead to more positive parenting. An article on the harsh treatment of children with disabilities in developing nations is published in the journal Child Development.

Report: Disabled Children in Developing World Often Severely Punished

I used to fly delta until they pulled a fast one on all of us. About an hour out of Oahu, there was engine trouble so they had to turn around and dump all the fuel so they could land back IN Oahu. Once we landed, they made us wait all night for a new plane to come in. All passengers camped out in the airport waiting. Next morning, they said the new plane just arrived from the mainland. Problem is, I am nosey and make note of lots of things. The plane sitting out there waiting to be loaded was the same plane. Black smoke still on the engines. Idiots forgot to wash it off before pawning it back off on us. So..being me (rather, who I used to be), I stood up on my chair in the waiting room and called attention to every passenger to take a gander at the engine.....and didn't it look really familiar to everyone else? It did. While the passengers argued with staff, my husband and I headed to United and said we wanted to come home...will they bring us? They said yes, and United got us back to California. No charge.

I used to fly delta until they pulled a fast one on all of us. About an hour out of Oahu, there was engine trouble so they had to turn around and dump all the fuel so they could land back IN Oahu. Once we landed, they made us wait all night for a new plane to come in. All passengers camped out in the airport waiting. Next morning, they said the new plane just arrived from the mainland. Problem is, I am nosey and make note of lots of things. The plane sitting out there waiting to be loaded was the same plane. Black smoke still on the engines. Idiots forgot to wash it off before pawning it back off on us. So..being me (rather, who I used to be), I stood up on my chair in the waiting room and called attention to every passenger to take a gander at the engine.....and didn't it look really familiar to everyone else? It did. While the passengers argued with staff, my husband and I headed to United and said we wanted to come home...will they bring us? They said yes, and United got us back to California. No charge.

Cannot believe that they were prepared to risk your lives like that!

I've actually had more trouble with United than with Delta....but if I can, I always try to fly Southwest.

Southwest has a far better attitude than Delta (doesn't everybody) but I can't stand that damn cattle call. Puts me through too many hoops to avoid the C-list. Da hell wit dat.

But JetBlue rocks. :thup:

Last edited:
Delta is the worst airline in the world, bar none! I would WALK before I'd fly Delta. They should have been put out of business a very long time ago. I don't know how they get away with abusing passengers, killing animals, hiding their records of keeping airplanes in the air that are HIGHLY UNSAFE, back room deals with the Saudis they have going on - they are a truly horrible, despicable airline. I've heard stories such as Gracies far too often! The only way to get rid of Delta is to spread the word:

DON'T FLY DELTA!

This kind of attitude is why I have a strict "no-Delta" policy with my clients and have for 25 years. It's not an isolated incident.

I really don't know how they stay in business. Turning your travel plans over to Delta is like turning over your hospital care to Dick Cheney.

No one in our family flies with Delta. I think the way they treat their employees is horrible. I remember a discussion with one Delta pilot who told me his co pilot was a Muslim and he was concerned that he was a radical and would one day bring down a plane load of passengers. From what he told me about the guy he had very good reason to be concerned. When he told them he wanted a gun in his cock pit he was told that wasn't allowed.

Now there are surely moderate Muslims out there who can fly a commercial jet with no security problems but when you've got your own pilot warning you that something is seriously wrong, he feels he and his passengers are being put in danger and you ignore him? That is an airline I want nothing to do with!!

-Jeri

I gave up flying altogether when I retired. Flying was fun, back in the early 70's, but has become a horror filled experience now. I don't know how they can make it worse, but I am sure that they will find a way.

Maybe if he looked like a normal human being he wouldn't have this kind of trouble. :eusa_eh:

kanaan_delta_130729a-615x345.jpg

I've actually had more trouble with United than with Delta....but if I can, I always try to fly Southwest.

Yep, I was stranded in upstate NY a couple weeks before 9/11 trying to get a one-way back to Phoenix.....the majors all wanted $500-$600 for a next-day flight.....I couldn't believe it....Turns out Southwest had just opened a terminal in Albany and I flew for around $250....no food, just cokes and peanuts, but the stew-crew did a pretty good comedy routine to entertain us.....I won't fly with anybody but Southwest. :eusa_angel:

Delta offers to put down cardboard while forcing disabled man to crawl on tarmac | The Raw Story
A disabled Hawaii man is suing Delta Airlines after he says that the company forced him to crawl across the airport tarmac three times and only offered him cardboard so he would not get his suit dirty.

A lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Hawaii claims that Baraka Kanaan was “forced to crawl across an airport tarmac, up and down the stairs of an airplane, down the aisle of the aircraft and out of and into his seat” on a series of flights between Massachusetts and Hawaii July 2012.

Kanaan, who is a former college professor and currently heads a nonprofit, was left disabled after a car accident in 2000 caused severe spinal injuries.

Delta Airlines Humiliates Disabled Man, Forces Him To Crawl Across Tarmac Three Times (VIDEO) -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201680544322019&set=vb.1432074113&type=2&theater

We don't fly Delta but this insures we never will.

what is it with these storys? just a question why? It never explains the reason why in your link...

Forum List

Back