Delta airlines forced disabled man to crawl to his wc

Apparantly, Delta has a policy not to touch disabled people, for fear of a lawsuit if they end up getting hurt. Under those circumstances, I guess you can kiss your ass goodby if you need a defibulator on a Delta fl;ight.

I've actually had more trouble with United than with Delta....but if I can, I always try to fly Southwest.

Yep, I was stranded in upstate NY a couple weeks before 9/11 trying to get a one-way back to Phoenix.....the majors all wanted $500-$600 for a next-day flight.....I couldn't believe it....Turns out Southwest had just opened a terminal in Albany and I flew for around $250....no food, just cokes and peanuts, but the stew-crew did a pretty good comedy routine to entertain us.....I won't fly with anybody but Southwest. :eusa_angel:

They do have the comedy thing down, I give 'em that. One of them as we touched down came on the PA and announced "While we're taxiing, we ask you to please press your faces to the windows so our competition can see what a full flight looks like". :lol: They went on, "... Please remain seated until the aircraft has come to a full stop, at which time the captain will turn off the seat belt sign and you are free to unbuckle, stand in the aisles and go absolutely nowhere. "

(It boggles my mind that people do that-- stand up holding all their belongings when they're clearly not moving for several minutes...)

But others have their own lines -- one United pilot came on and said "right now those of you on the right side of the plane have an excellent view of downtown Chicago, while those of you on the left side of the plane have an excellent view of the backs of the heads of the people on the right side of the plane"...

Last edited:
My sister is a SW flight attendant.

I read about an incident where a piliot made a rough landing and the plane actually bounced when it hit the runway. The flight attendent later told everyone that, "...as soon as Captain Kangaroo turns off the seatbelt sign, you gan retrive your belongings".

Delta offers to put down cardboard while forcing disabled man to crawl on tarmac | The Raw Story
A disabled Hawaii man is suing Delta Airlines after he says that the company forced him to crawl across the airport tarmac three times and only offered him cardboard so he would not get his suit dirty.

A lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Hawaii claims that Baraka Kanaan was “forced to crawl across an airport tarmac, up and down the stairs of an airplane, down the aisle of the aircraft and out of and into his seat” on a series of flights between Massachusetts and Hawaii July 2012.

Kanaan, who is a former college professor and currently heads a nonprofit, was left disabled after a car accident in 2000 caused severe spinal injuries.

Delta Airlines Humiliates Disabled Man, Forces Him To Crawl Across Tarmac Three Times (VIDEO) -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201680544322019&set=vb.1432074113&type=2&theater

We don't fly Delta but this insures we never will.

Wow, that's completely fucked. here's hoping part of his settlement is watching all involved crawl through a pig stye on cardboard.

That's some inhuman cruel shit right there.

How to Contact the President of Delta Airlines | eHow

Maybe if he looked like a normal human being he wouldn't have this kind of trouble. :eusa_eh:

kanaan_delta_130729a-615x345.jpg

He looks normal to me you fucking puss infected douche nozzle

What's wrong with him? He looks fine to me! - Jeri

If his head were shaved, if his knuckles dragged behind his wheelchair or if he looked like the star of one of the swamp "reality" shows, he would deserve to have his disability recognized and respected.

bear513
what is it with these storys? just a question why? It never explains the reason why in your link...

In MY link?

Obviously, you didn't r-e-e-e-d the links.
:cuckoo:

My sister is a SW flight attendant.

I read about an incident where a piliot made a rough landing and the plane actually bounced when it hit the runway. The flight attendent later told everyone that, "...as soon as Captain Kangaroo turns off the seatbelt sign, you gan retrive your belongings".

:lol:

The domestic airlines are terrible. International seem to have a clue. I had a situation where I advocated on behalf of a disabled person flying both Air New Zealand and United from out of the US who was treated in an inappropriate manner. Air New Zealand did all they could to to resolve and United was compelled to come to terms. Not surprising still a terrible thing.

I'm betting there is more to this story.

FTR, I fly Delta all the time. I generally get pretty good service. I mean, for an airline.

Agree!

The Foundation Mr Kanaan heads does not receive enough income to file the requisite 1099 nor does it appear to have any donors.

This story keeps flipping all over.

Forum List

Back