Dem Rep Brendan Boyle says Liz Cheney potentially running as an independent for president in 2024 could 'inadvertently help Trump more than hurt him'

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
America should have at least 10 prominent parties, like France, instead of just the two. hopefully Andrew Yang has started a revolution with his Forward Party

Andrew Yang..........revolution........what was that party, the "Forward Party"? Huh, never heard of that at all.

Actually, I can't think who Yang is, either: Chinese?

They are assuming that all middle ground Republicans would go for Trump. That's quite an assumption.

I think this is more of an argument to quash any idea of any party outside of (D) or (R).

So this Boyle guy sez Cheney running as an Independent would help, not hurt, Trump??

And then doesn't explain why he thinks that? Zero explanation in the linkie.

Well, this is just spouting off time: the silly season, August.

Anything that takes votes away from Trump COULD hurt his election chances, that's the usual thinking right now.

If Trump announces his candidacy the RNC cuts him off his legal funds, so you have not seen or heard Trump officially announce he is running for president.
I think he really has to wait till the day after the Midterms.

She has no constituency now and I don't think she will develop one after she's kicked to the curb and forgotten.....LOL.....Maybe her daddy will buy her one.

I don't think so. Unless Cheney finds a way to convince people that she is actually going to win- it will be a pointless effort on her part.

People aren't going to throw away their votes on a sure loser- and if they love Cheney's raw hatred of the Trumpsters, they will just vote for Biden or whoever the D's might put up.

America should be politically more like France? You gotta be kidding. There are several parties that support presidential candidates. Ross Perot came the closest. Liz could be the surprise democrat party candidate in '24. Who knows?

She's not very bright. If her name wasn't Cheney from Wyoming she'd be selling garden tools at Home Depot.

She would split the hate Trump vote.... but she would never run as a independent...

Brendan Boyle is an idiot.

The entire REASON she would run is to hurt Trump's chances by siphoning off the votes of the small percentage of republican never Trumpers.

Good grief, does the idiot think any of the Sheeple would actually vote for her?

She would split the hate Trump vote.... but she would never run as a independent...
Exactly. All the fools who preferred someone with dementia who hid in his basement to Trump will still be never Trumpers - only now they’ll have an option better than a senile Biden. Thus, she would split the vote and Give Trump the win.

Brendan Boyle is an idiot.

The entire REASON she would run is to hurt Trump's chances by siphoning off the votes of the small percentage of republican never Trumpers.

Good grief, does the idiot think any of the Sheeple would actually vote for her?
I think the opposite. She splits the Biden vote. There were about 70 million or so people who KNOWINGLY voted for someone with dementia because their media-driven hatred of Trump was so extreme that they bragged they’d vote for a potato instead of Trump. Now they would have an option for a brain-intact alternative to Trump.

The law won't allow Trump to get that close to being elected president. America's war with Russia is far too important to allow a compromised candidate.

The cult is going to have to forget Lez. She has no national following. Your new girlfriend will not come close to winning the Pub nomination.

Biden is the one who is compromised.
Russia's aim is to compromise any and all presidents but I see no evidence of that being the case with any others.
At best it might be claimed that Kennedy was compromised, but nobody has ever made a convincing case on that.

Kennedy's bluff failed with Kruschev but there are logical and known reasons why, that didn't require compromising.

Forum List

Back