🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dem Rep. Quigley on Taxes: ‘If You Love This Country, One of the Things You Do Is Pay Your Fair Share’

Really?
MORON?

November 6 2018
AUSTIN — Gov. Greg Abbott and Republican statewide candidates down-ballot handily won re-election Tuesday, keeping Texas government in GOP hands and shutting out Democrats for a 24th year.

March 1 2022
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas – Republican Gov. Greg Abbott will face Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke in November's general election in the race forTexas governor.

The AP on Tuesday evening projected that Abbott won the Republican nomination as he runs for reelection this year in the nation’s second-most populous and second-largest state.

How in the fuck did that happen?
So, do you vote on legislation or do your representatives? Hmmm?

What is going to prevent from a cop stating they smelled weed to justify a search?

Nothing. And if you have nothing to hide it shouldn't bother you either. Why do you think that our police are so board that they need to make up reasons to harass you?

Nothing. And if you have nothing to hide it shouldn't bother you either. Why do you think that our police are so board that they need to make up reasons to harass you?
It does indeed bother me when police are allowed to fabricate a cause to violate our right to privacy.

That should bother any American.

It does indeed bother me when police are allowed to fabricate a cause to violate our right to privacy.

That should bother any American.

Where is this right to privacy written? Imagine how dangerous the roads would be if police could not pull us over and check we are sober enough to operate a vehicle.

I'm a retired truck driver. State troopers and DOT cops pull us over for no reason whatsoever, but only to check you out. They go inside of your trailer, demand to see all your paperwork, look inside the cab if they desire, and I've had them under the hood of the truck. Ask why you got pulled over and they just reply "because I felt like it."

Where is this right to privacy written? Imagine how dangerous the roads would be if police could not pull us over and check we are sober enough to operate a vehicle.

I'm a retired truck driver. State troopers and DOT cops pull us over for no reason whatsoever, but only to check you out. They go inside of your trailer, demand to see all your paperwork, look inside the cab if they desire, and I've had them under the hood of the truck. Ask why you got pulled over and they just reply "because I felt like it."
The right to privacy is in the fourth amendment.

Driving truck is commercial. The police do not need probable cause for inspection of commercial vehicles.

I don’t like being harassed by police for no reason. Neither did the founding fathers.

The right to privacy is in the fourth amendment.

Driving truck is commercial. The police do not need probable cause for inspection of commercial vehicles.

I don’t like being harassed by police for no reason. Neither did the founding fathers.

So where is this exemption for truck drivers in the fourth amendment?

So where is this exemption for truck drivers in the fourth amendment?
I don’t know for sure but I suspect it has something to do with being a commercial transport and the fourth amendment applies to persons.

But get rid of it too, I don’t care.

Just don’t make excuses for cops being able to do violate our constitutional rights by saying it’s no big deal if you have nothing to hide. Hell no.

My "fair share" of your welfare check is zero. My fair share of Green Energy programs is zero

Saturday, during an appearance on MSNBC, Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) defended the so-called Inflation Reduction Act’s provision to bolster the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with an additional 80,000 agents.
According to Quigley, paying taxes was part of it if one “loved” the country.
Fuck him.
I would NEVER bitch about federal taxes if we had a constitutional fed gov. Cut that mother fucker back 70 or 80% and you wont hear a peep from me.

I don’t know for sure but I suspect it has something to do with being a commercial transport and the fourth amendment applies to persons.

But get rid of it too, I don’t care.

Just don’t make excuses for cops being able to do violate our constitutional rights by saying it’s no big deal if you have nothing to hide. Hell no.

Actually the case was taken to court and that's what the judge ruled, that they are allowed to pull us over for any reason.

If your constitutional rights were violated, get a lawyer and sue the police department, the county if it's the sheriffs department, or state if it's a trooper.

Really?
MORON?
Yes, really, moron:
ScreenShot_20220822084421.png

Really? It's been a long time since I got my CDL, but I read all documents carefully, and I don't recall anything about giving up any of my constitutional rights.
what did the rules of having a CDL say?? if they said you can be stopped at anytime for inspection and you signed it then you signed giving them up,,

Actually the case was taken to court and that's what the judge ruled, that they are allowed to pull us over for any reason.

If your constitutional rights were violated, get a lawyer and sue the police department, the county if it's the sheriffs department, or state if it's a trooper.
Sue the cops? The conservative Supreme Court says that’s not allowed.

Even if it were allowed, how do you prove the cop didn’t smell pot? It’s impossible.

Sue the cops? The conservative Supreme Court says that’s not allowed.

Even if it were allowed, how do you prove the cop didn’t smell pot? It’s impossible.

No, you can't sue he officer directly but you can sue his or her boss. You can sue a city, a county, or state if you have a case.

what did the rules of having a CDL say?? if they said you can be stopped at anytime for inspection and you signed it then you signed giving them up,,

No, you can't sue he officer directly but you can sue his or her boss. You can sue a city, a county, or state if you have a case.
You can only sue the department or city if the conduct of the officer was a result of policy. It’s called the Monell doctrine.

I doubt you’re going to find a department with a policy for making up probable cause to search your car.

Even if you could sue, you aren’t going to be able to prove it. The police will get away with whatever they want.

Forum List

Back